Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Your Random Photographs

Slinky

• 3 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

HELP ME PLEASE!

I make Christmas fairies, sell them artists markets and I have an Etsy shop. I'm REALLY struggling getting decent pics of them to put on-line. I've got a Sony Cybershot camera, it's a brilliant little thing but the light levels in my house are lousy, I end up having to put them in the window, using a muslin shield but the end results still aren't much good. Any hints/tips/recipes for better success would be very greatly appreciated. Especially how the hell do I take pics of white ones? It's doing my head in. Examples.....

DSC02509.JPG

DSC02517.JPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
5 hours ago, jethro said:

HELP ME PLEASE!

I make Christmas fairies, sell them artists markets and I have an Etsy shop. I'm REALLY struggling getting decent pics of them to put on-line. I've got a Sony Cybershot camera, it's a brilliant little thing but the light levels in my house are lousy, I end up having to put them in the window, using a muslin shield but the end results still aren't much good. Any hints/tips/recipes for better success would be very greatly appreciated. Especially how the hell do I take pics of white ones? It's doing my head in. Examples.....

DSC02509.JPG

DSC02517.JPG

• If possible on your camera you could turn down the shutter speed, this keeps the shutter open for longer and therefore lets in more light which helps with taking photos in the dark.
  • If it was a day like today (lovely and sunny) you could take photos of them outside in the garden: e.g. on a table with a plainish background. Depending on what you think looks best.
  • Try filtering the pictures if you can't get anything to work.
  • If taking the picture by a window with the white dolls, make sure the sun if lighting the room, but is not shining directly at the doll otherwise it might make it look too ghost like!
  • Use Colour contrasting if the pictures don't look good. Bright colours like oranges and reds and purples really catch one's eye.

I hope this helped, please send me your new photos via sticky note as I probably won't find this chat again! 

Leon

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
4 hours ago, Leon1 said:
  • If possible on your camera you could turn down the shutter speed, this keeps the shutter open for longer and therefore lets in more light which helps with taking photos in the dark.
  • If it was a day like today (lovely and sunny) you could take photos of them outside in the garden: e.g. on a table with a plainish background. Depending on what you think looks best.
  • Try filtering the pictures if you can't get anything to work.
  • If taking the picture by a window with the white dolls, make sure the sun if lighting the room, but is not shining directly at the doll otherwise it might make it look too ghost like!
  • Use Colour contrasting if the pictures don't look good. Bright colours like oranges and reds and purples really catch one's eye.

I hope this helped, please send me your new photos via sticky note as I probably won't find this chat again! 

Leon

You're a star. Thank you so much!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
On 10/10/2018 at 22:57, jethro said:

You're a star. Thank you so much!

You're welcome - I'm glad to help anytime. 

• Like 1

Posted

I was in south Devon a few weeks ago....was stunning

IMG_1602.jpg

• UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-03-29 07:13:16 Valid: 29/03/2024 0600 - 30/03/2024 0600 THUNDERSTORM WATCH - FRI 29 MARCH 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Difficult travel conditions as the Easter break begins

Low Nelson is throwing wind and rain at the UK before it impacts mainland Spain at Easter. Wild condtions in the English Channel, and more rain and lightning here on Thursday. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-03-28 09:16:06 Valid: 28/03/2024 0800 - 29/03/2024 0600 SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH - THURS 28 MARCH 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F