Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Landscape Photography

Slinky

Posted

Talking of mining landscapes, which we weren't, I wondered whether it might be of interest to look at a couple from 1895. On the one looking east the famous Carn Brea is in the top right hand corner. The whole of the area between Camborne and Redruth would have been like this. Of course it's gone downhill alot since then with a Tescos, B & Q, MacDonalds. etc.

Courtesy Cornwall Studies Centre.

post-12275-0-90933500-1305982017_thumb.j

post-12275-0-31006200-1305982063_thumb.j

Edited by weather ship

Posted

A few pics from me:

post-7593-0-62647700-1306586079_thumb.jp The River Otter on my cycle up the valley yesterday afternoon

post-7593-0-26740700-1306586778_thumb.jp Bluebells Thursday 28th April, earlier than normal.

post-7593-0-75341900-1306586802_thumb.jp Snowy view after a walk up Fire Beacon hill, Christmas Eve 2010.

I did have a few more to add but for some reason half way through something decided to make every pic fail to upload, even when I post this then try to edit the post, and I have only used 1/3rd of my 'upload quota'?

Edited by Stormmad26
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Working on some photos I took in America during my storm chase trip, whilst waiting for my flight. I managed to get a shot I'd been hoping to get last time I visited Yellowstone. The Falls with a rainbow in the mist. Meant a predawn wakeup and trip over to the falls in sub zero temps but I just about got their in time. The angle of the sun as it rises futher doesn't allow this shot for long!

post-1731-0-76189300-1307236440_thumb.jp

Edited by Gorky
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Awesome beauty.

Very, very envious of a visit to Yellowstone.

Super capture, well done.

BL.

Posted

A few pics from me:

post-7593-0-62647700-1306586079_thumb.jp The River Otter on my cycle up the valley yesterday afternoon

post-7593-0-26740700-1306586778_thumb.jp Bluebells Thursday 28th April, earlier than normal.

post-7593-0-75341900-1306586802_thumb.jp Snowy view after a walk up Fire Beacon hill, Christmas Eve 2010.

I did have a few more to add but for some reason half way through something decided to make every pic fail to upload, even when I post this then try to edit the post, and I have only used 1/3rd of my 'upload quota'?

lovely shots

Working on some photos I took in America during my storm chase trip, whilst waiting for my flight. I managed to get a shot I'd been hoping to get last time I visited Yellowstone. The Falls with a rainbow in the mist. Meant a predawn wakeup and trip over to the falls in sub zero temps but I just about got their in time. The angle of the sun as it rises futher doesn't allow this shot for long!

post-1731-0-76189300-1307236440_thumb.jp

wow - what a view, superb shot

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

A nice moment from last month - just before sunset, shower clouds running down the east coast made a striking dark background to an otherwise 'everyday' scene.

Posted Image

Then I was quite pleased with this black and white from the other day.

In colour it was OK but forgettable, B&W emphasises the textures, lines, and play of light and shadow sometimes.

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

A nice moment from last month - just before sunset, shower clouds running down the east coast made a striking dark background to an otherwise 'everyday' scene.

Posted Image

Then I was quite pleased with this black and white from the other day.

In colour it was OK but forgettable, B&W emphasises the textures, lines, and play of light and shadow sometimes.

Posted Image

I've been meaning to say this for days 4wd but two brilliant photos.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

July in the Outer Hebridies.

Edit. How do I get them smaller when opened?

post-4999-0-96031500-1311193672_thumb.jp

post-4999-0-85120100-1311193732_thumb.jp

post-4999-0-00389800-1311193787_thumb.jp

post-4999-0-72787700-1311193835_thumb.jp

Edited by Norrance

Posted

July in the Outer Hebridies.

Edit. How do I get them smaller when opened?

Resize them in photoshop or Corel or whichever one you use before uploading. A rough guide use a 1000 pix. or less.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

Christchurch Quay At sunset

Posted Image

Edited by thunderman24
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Resize them in photoshop or Corel or whichever one you use before uploading. A rough guide use a 1000 pix. or less.

Thanks. Will give it a try for next time.

Posted

A few shots from Hells Mouth yesterday. I've included a GE sat. showing camera position. Camborne is just off the bottom right. I can't really do it justice as my acrophobia takes over.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

The heather is at its peak for the next 2 or 3 weeks.

It can actually look better in more subdued lighting which is just as well really!

Posted Image

Posted

I need to get some decent photos of Truro Cathedral but these will have to do for now. Weather has played a key role in the maintenance of this fine structure.

For the main structure Cornish granite was used. No problems. But for the decorative work and spires Bath Stone was used because it's far easier to work. Bad mistake because it doesn't like the Cornish weather and it has crumbled and disintegrated. Much of this is high up and will cost an arm and a leg to fix.

Another problem was that English Heritage wanted to replace like for like but the architect wasn't having anything to do with that. Cutting a long story short after much research it was decided to use Syerford Stone and a fifteen year programme has begun to replace the failing Bath Stone with a material that will not alter the appearance of the Cathedral but will be more durable. The new Syerford stone is carefully carved and filled to replace defective and weathered Bath stone. This restores some of the finer details created by the original architect, John L Pearson.

It's not that easy to find a decent spot to do the building justice. One of these photos was taken from the train but one can hardly stroll along the viaduct.

Edited by weather ship

Posted

Sorry if this is too large but it is one of those expansive scenes that just doesn't work small.

Glaisdale Rigg looking toward sthe coast at Whitby, North York Moors

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

post-2752-0-25275000-1314223408_thumb.jp

More Yankee 'visitors' (Bolton Abbey)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, snow in winter, wind in Autumn and rainbows in the spring!

A summer sunset, over the Obbe Isle of Skye

post-12261-0-50014900-1314281958_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

Some lovely landscapes again this year in Cyprus, especially with the change in the weather over their 15 August holiday weekend. Here is my photo diary with pics:

http://reefseeker.tumblr.com/post/8686668419

http://reefseeker.tumblr.com/post/8862987075

http://reefseeker.tumblr.com/post/9378782083

http://reefseeker.tumblr.com/post/9380036206

http://reefseeker.tumblr.com/post/9380302078