Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Insect Photographs

Slinky

Posted

Hi, I thought it might be a good idea if we had a few threads dedicated to certain areas of photography that all members could post in? Such as birds, insects, landscapes etc......

So to start this Net Weather insect thread off, here are a few creepy crawlies from me

Spiders surprise

Posted Image

A Holly blue

Posted Image

Look away now if your not a spider lover.....

Posted Image

I look forward to seeing other members insects :doh:

(Delete threads if its a poo idea mods....)

Posted

Great idea Slinks but I hate you!! makes mine look really rubbish :doh: Will dig out some of my creepy crawly pics later! might be an idea to get someone to put a warning in your title that there are spiders !

Maaaaaaaaybe *flutters eyelashes* you could also put some tips on how to photograph creepys :D then I wouldn't hate you so much.

Posted

Looking forward to seeing some creepy crawly pics from you loubz :doh:

As to tips, others are probably better qualified to give those!!

Edited by Slinky

Posted

twaddle.

Well let me put it this way, would you kindly give some tips on how your get your wonderful creepy shots. pweeaty pwease

Its as easy as this Loubz (you flatterer!!) a decent macro lens :doh: Get the 100mm canon macro your thinking about!

Lovely Tortoiseshell Greyowl, I have struggled to get a shot of one of these little beauty's! :D great stuff!

Edited by Slinky

Posted

Owww! I feel a bit embarrassed to post this one in such professional company, but here goes - a dragon fly taken last week in Cornwall.

Posted Image

Standard 18-55mm lens (original photo is too big to post sensibly)

Edited by Coast

Posted

Its as easy as this Loubz (you flatterer!!) a decent macro lens :doh: Get the 100mm canon macro your thinking about!

Lovely Tortoiseshell Greyowl, I have struggled to get a shot of one of these little beauty's! :D great stuff!

My garden has been full of them this year. Never seen so many before. They rise in clouds from the tubs of marigolds by the back door.

Posted

Owww! I feel a bit embarrassed to post this one in such professional company, but here goes - a dragon fly taken last week in Cornwall.

Posted Image

Standard 18-55mm lens (original photo is too big to post sensibly)

Great one Coast, is that a red darter dragonfly? Good shot to get it resting, they normally zip about!

Posted

Great one Coast, is that a red darter dragonfly? Good shot to get it resting, they normally zip about!

Couldn't say! I saw it on a piece of slate basking in the sunshine and got as close as I could to get this shot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

It's a common darter, I took some photo of one and stuck it in the photography forum not long ago :doh: Nice pictures though lots of detail, especially like the moth. Good stuff!

Posted

Very nice caterpillars Kelly, I managed to get some rather pathetic pictures of one... all I can say is I can't wait to get a decent macro!

Best Thing I ever Did.. Mines not a full macro lens but something simlar to these..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CLOSE-UP-LENS-SET-MA...id=p3286.c0.m14

Posted

That is what I have got Kelly, didn't want to pay out for a decent macro if I didn't like macro photography. I do think they lack clarity and the blue haze you get is a pain, but hey can't complain at the price!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Here's one of mine, not the best shot in the world of Cinnabar Moth caterpillars (with added red soldier beetle).

post-6315-1222529691_thumb.jpg

• Like 1