Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Daily Express at it again

Posted
Nice to know your still trying to get yer legs tanned Mr Sheman..

But you know his forecast is going to be correct...............

at some point in the future anyway............

B)

Pots - I lifted this off UKWW (Thanks to Essan Andy)

The guy is even taking credit for the Wembley Stadium Crack that appeared due to "Settling"

It defies Belief

Latest Weatheraction Press Release:

NEWS RELEASE 13/14 Nov 2008 Please Circulate Apologies if this is an extra sending

Note to media - please make it clear this forecast information is from WeatherAction rather than others.

Wembley stadium crack storm caused by 'Red Warning Weather period' - linked to new active region on the sun and late-season tropical storm developments. Six-fold success for WeatherAction. More storm wind and flood threats to come this month WeatherAction forecasters warn.

The storms which cracked the Wembley stadium on Monday 10th Nov were associated with the first of WeatherAction's 'Red Warning weather period' this month and a corresponding increase in geomagnetic activity, a new active region on the Sun and the appearance of three new late season tropical storm events and disturbances - in the West tropical Atlantic, the West Tropical Pacific and The Bay of Bengal.

This dramatic success follows hard on the heels of Weather Action correctly forecasting both of Britain's extreme weather event periods in October - which gave the extraordinary deluges which (24/25 Oct) halted the mountain marathon in Cumbria and gave devastating floods and hail in Devon (30 Oct) - Full info reported in WeatherAction November forecast pdf - link below.

Piers Corbyn astrophysicist of WeatherAction.com - the long range forecasters said: "This is a six-fold success for our Solar Weather Technique. The 10th November events were an early expression of the

our first Red Warning weather period this month (12-14 Nov) - and within the range of occasional timing uncertainties explained in forecasts - particularly for new events on the sun. There is still a lot going on in this period - 'around 12-14 Nov' - when interestingly on 13th fronts moved maybe 30% faster than Met office forecasts of about 14 hours before so rain hit SouthEast England about 6 hours earlier and wind and rain was more extreme than Met Office forecasts and there were quite a few active flood and gale warnings. This Extra activity confirms our warning that wind, rain and thunder would be more extreme than standard meteorology would predict in this period.

"The threats to East coast sea defences we warned as 70% likely around this period might not reach severe warning level because the track of the deep lows appear further North than ideal but the risk of damaging or dangerous deluges, wind and flood events of various sorts including local floods, river floods and threats to sea defences continues around this weather period and in two further periods later in the month - 'around 18-21 Nov' and 'around 25-28 Nov'.

Posted

I would like to know what planet these newspaper-associated forecasters inhabit?

How on earth can we have a winter this year as 'predicted' in September?

Even the historical models, along with current model outputs viewed to the extremes, cannot possibly produce this type of catastrophic event surely B) !

All I can say is, wait for the Official Alternative Forecast, and the forecasts that are produced by the finalists of the recent Alternative Forecast competition and see who gets closest :D

Why publicise a single forecast in a National Tabloid and possibly risk your credibility????

Posted
For the Thames to freeze over it would at present require a very cold winter but not as bad as say for it to freeze cira 1950s Maybe a 1 in 300 winter ?

It would need more than that. The Thames is tidal through London and has quite a high range. Whilst ice may form around the edges at low tide - as I know happened in the Blackwater Estuary in Essex in 81/81, this would soon break up and disappear when the tide comes back in.

I would like to know what planet these newspaper-associated forecasters inhabit?

How on earth can we have a winter this year as 'predicted' in September?

I predicted way back in July that we'd have a winter this year B)

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Time to take a look at Piers Predictions over November!

Having survived the 2 events already and the North Sea Storm Surge we now enter the last period of this often Stormy month.

So 25-28th November is upon us and get ready to batten down the Hatches as that nasty Huuuge Low pressure skirts across the Atlantic and is on a collision course with the Uk, I am hopeful we can make it into December without too much structural damage, still clearing up the leaves from the last round of Dartboard Lows :lol:

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
"The threats to East coast sea defences we warned as 70% likely around this period might not reach severe warning level because the track of the deep lows appear further North than ideal but the risk of damaging or dangerous deluges, wind and flood events of various sorts including local floods, river floods and threats to sea defences continues around this weather period and in two further periods later in the month - 'around 18-21 Nov' and 'around 25-28 Nov'.

Dear oh dear oh dear :drunk:

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

It's the Daily Star's turn today!

BRITAIN'S ON STORM AND FLOOD ALERT

BRITAIN will be gripped by a bitter winter freeze until March, forecasters have warned. And they predict a wet Christmas rather than a white one for the UK, with severe storms and floods set to batter the country. But they claim there could be a sprinkling of snow on Christmas Day and Boxing Day ... if the rain lets up.

Forecasters at weatheraction.com say many areas will face a windy lead-up to Christmas and Brits will be hit by a major storm on Christmas Eve. The festive period is likely see a double hit of storms – on December 23 and 24 with much the same at New Year. Director Piers Corbyn predicted: “Christmas Eve will be wet and windy with storms. “It will also turn much colder. But when the winds die down there may well be snow on Christmas Day.”

Piers also said western parts will be the worst hit by storms. He added: “I still think it’s very likely to snow on Christmas Day and we may even be lucky for Boxing Day as well. “There should be a fair amount about, especially in Scotland where we’ll see some real winter scenes.” The forecast comes on the heels of 48 hours of flash-flooding and high winds that wreaked havoc across the nation.

Fire crews rescued dozens of people from their vehicles and homes as high winds, falling trees and blocked roads created chaos in which two drivers died. And it looks like the bitter chill is set to carry on well into next year, with one other forecaster predicting a big freeze until March. Jonathan Powell, senior forecaster at Positive Weather Solutions, said: “I think winter’s grip will hang on into March, but the bulk of spring will be a somewhat mild but damp affair.”

He said the start of next year will stay unsettled and, even by March, the rain and winds will still be taking their toll. He added: “Wintry showers will still be a threat, although it is unlikely that any snowfall will be heavy or sustained.”

Nothing to see here, move along please :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
It's the Daily Star's turn today!

BRITAIN'S ON STORM AND FLOOD ALERT

Nothing to see here, move along please :)

this guy is so full of lala, one minute its blizzards so they put down a £1,500 bet and now it rain storms with some snow, he should be banned from writing this nonsense :)

Edited by pottyprof
Language *tut tut* :)

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Mildest Xmas on record coming up then by the sounds of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

i wonder what models he is looking at? high pressure for xmas not storms, bitter freeze till march? hardly its 2009 christmas pudding winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

If Jonathon Powell of accu weather wasn't seriously misquoted in the Daily Express on Monday, he must be chewing his nails as he looks at the current models which show a stituation about as far removed as its possible to get from the wettest Christmas on record.

If he was misquoted he should be looking for a public apology to salvage his forecasting reputation.

Posted

If Jonathon Powell of accu weather

That should have been Jonathan Powell of Postive Weather Solutions, not accu-weather.

Posted

So....................How's it looking for this Wettest Xmas Ever and Monster Double Edged Storm system for Xmas Eve and Xmas Day :D:rofl::D

Posted
So....................How's it looking for this Wettest Xmas Ever and Monster Double Edged Storm system for Xmas Eve and Xmas Day :D:rofl::D

just out of interest,

I may get shot for this but any chance he was meaning that very deep low thats near Iceland, ok that won't affect us but it might have done.

Posted
just out of interest,

I may get shot for this but any chance he was meaning that very deep low thats near Iceland, ok that won't affect us but it might have done.

Hell Why Not Cookie

After all he claimed success for the November Low relating to a deep low somewhere in the Baltic Sea :lol:

I would like to make a prediction that the Uk will get hit by a Tornado in May, but this might just hit Kansas so can I still claim success as it is within my 4,500 Mile Range and within my 10 day window of Success :doh: See where I am going with this one :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, warm and sunny in summer
I would like to make a prediction that the Uk will get hit by a Tornado in May, but this might just hit Kansas so can I still claim success as it is within my 4,500 Mile Range and within my 10 day window of Success :doh: See where I am going with this one :rofl:

I shall also make a May prediction - I predict sustained winds across the UK of 180mph, possibly more! Although if they happen to hit the top of Mount Everest surely that would count?

Posted
Hell Why Not Cookie

After all he claimed success for the November Low relating to a deep low somewhere in the Baltic Sea :lol:

I would like to make a prediction that the Uk will get hit by a Tornado in May, but this might just hit Kansas so can I still claim success as it is within my 4,500 Mile Range and within my 10 day window of Success :cold: See where I am going with this one :cold:

I shall also make a May prediction - I predict sustained winds across the UK of 180mph, possibly more! Although if they happen to hit the top of Mount Everest surely that would count?

:cold: :lol:

Posted
So....................How's it looking for this Wettest Xmas Ever and Monster Double Edged Storm system for Xmas Eve and Xmas Day B) :cold::cold:

I would imagine his egg nog tastes distinctly saline as the bitter tears of failure drip steadily into it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Lol, it is a bit silly really that he continues to produce such silly forecasts so long out. One can only hope he will use his abilitys for reliability and not sillibility.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

so then where were all these storms, snow wind and rain,

what a load of tosh :D 8P

i had a really big gust of wind about 2 mins ago, it must have been about 4mph!!!!

Edited by fromey