Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
grab my graupel

Broadband speed test

I get 27mb down and 5mb up from the bottom of my garden with my mac book pro. Not bad.

Just to give you all a laugh

post-1808-0-47563700-1303842652_thumb.pn

no, its not me....the whole village and surrounding area has the same problem, it's like the third world here in semi-rural North Hampshire!!

Just to make you feel 'at home' its not that much better here in downtown Doncaster, I can usually manage about 2x those speeds but not always.

post-10773-0-03961000-1303982828_thumb.p

I'm on a BT FTTH Trial - best bit about it is the Broadband is totally free - we also took part in a 21st Century Network trial back in 2004 - we had free internet and phone calls then Posted Image

my

Posted Image

and a Town in the borders getting super fast broadband next year before me :nonono:

mine ,

Posted Image

thats about it really for this area , doesnt go any higher , and its good to know im slower than 68% of the UK! http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

you no better then me Calum

Edited by Stuart

Just to give you all a laugh

post-1808-0-47563700-1303842652_thumb.pn

no, its not me....the whole village and surrounding area has the same problem, it's like the third world here in semi-rural North Hampshire!!

Similar for us in Shropshire — 3.5 down, and a paltry 0.32 up! The speeds that some members get are just incredible, even though they are poor compared with countries with good broadband.

Posted Image

Not bad for an island.

Heres mine.

Posted Image

Anxiously awaiting BT to lay down the FTTC. My line attenuation is dreadful, around 50DB.

post-10773-0-03961000-1303982828_thumb.p

I'm on a BT FTTH Trial - best bit about it is the Broadband is totally free - we also took part in a 21st Century Network trial back in 2004 - we had free internet and phone calls then Posted Image

How I would love to play COD on your connection. As your ping is so low I would destroy everyone. http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Here's mine

Posted Image

Can vary a lot throughout the day though. Evenings might only have a download speed of 3megs.

Here's mine

Posted Image

Can vary a lot throughout the day though. Evenings might only have a download speed of 3megs.

lucky lucky you

I just ran one from work for a laugh and get the following:

post-2885-0-85315400-1305032380_thumb.pn

Although it certainly doesn't feel that fast

It's probably because there aren't that many servers that could utilise such high speeds. Since my broadband's gone to about 60meg, the only real difference I notice when browsing is that clips on the BBC News website and iPlayer programs get going quicker. Having said that, I did download a movie on iTunes the other day and it took around 5 minutes for a 1.6gb file. My son says he can carry out mass slaughter a lot quicker on Call of Duty now our ping is below 10ms.

Were on 50mb from virgin media, can not fault it,

Posted Image

Were on 50mb from virgin media, can not fault it,

Posted Image

I am on Virginmedia fibre optic too and I cannot fault it, it's the Ronseal of Broadband IMO.

Posted Image

Can vary quite a bit at times though.

Edited by Ben_Cambs

Our village has got some funding which looks like it's going to enable us to finally get the fibre to home via a 5ghz wireless link back to Penrith. This would offer 70mbps download and upload and also be sufficient to allow Orange to install a something which would then give mobile reception to the village (and I don't mean UMA).The benefit over the current set-up is that we won't be reliant within the village on numerous wireless devices, which can't service everyone due to trees etc, and the more devices you have, the more chance of problems.

Being close to the exchange, we are able to get quite a good speed using ADSL2+ although it varies quite a bit at peak times :(

Posted Image