Cold?
IGNORED

Welcome To The Netweather USA Storm Chase Group

Paul Sherman

Posted
my seat number Seat 38A

Im at the front I think :)

Lol

Doubt you are at the front as there are only 45 Rows on the Boeing 777, so quite near the back, although you do have a Window Seat which is always nice after you get rid of the 1st 5 hours of nothingness over the Atlantic Ocean :)

Flown this route for the last 6 years, after take off from LHR You track across the Bristol Channel and then head North West just missing the SW Coast of Southern Ireland, then on across the Atlantic and emerging near Nova Scotia, if it is clear there will still be Snow Cover up there at the end of April, from there it is South West all the way across the Great Lakes, then down through and above Indiana, Missouri, and the North West of Arkansas, flying over Little Rock, then over SE Oklahoma above Sherman (Tx) :D before a straight approach into the West of DFW from the North and landing in about 9 hours from Take Off.

It is cool when we near Tx and you start to see the Lands that you will probably be Chasing in just a few days from when you fly over It.

Cheers

Paul S

Posted

lol... :D I thought later after I posted it that the number wasnt at the front..

Just watched the Nebraska video at the gas station....Daylight went to dark....Sheer fear and excitement that must of been,,

Edited by dogs32

Posted
lol... :) I thought later after I posted it that the number wasnt at the front..

Just watched the Nebraska video at the gas station....Daylight went to dark....Sheer fear and excitement that must of been,,

Where are you watching that Pat, as It isn't available on the Web anywhere, I had to pull the footage as we have Sold it to ITV For their Upcoming Programme this Spring called "Storm Riders" as far as I know only me and ITV Have the Footage :):D

Paul S

Posted

Just watched it on a link...From Nicks F video posts...Was very excellent....never seen daytime look like night

before...Yes we exaggerate here with TS on how dark things go.But that was Night....Goes to show how bad that storm was....Your lucky to have survived.....But what a memory that must be..

Just going to watch all Bristols videos soon..Hes done quite alot

Edited by dogs32

Posted
Where are you watching that Pat, as It isn't available on the Web anywhere, I had to pull the footage as we have Sold it to ITV For their Upcoming Programme this Spring called "Storm Riders" as far as I know only me and ITV Have the Footage :blink: :lol:

Paul S

was that wise? :lol: ;)

i hope they show it on STV

Posted

Woops

Forgot it was on that Linky :blink: :lol: Good to relive that though, and cant wait only 3 months today

Paul S

Posted

Yeah, getting really exited about it now myself, I'm dreaming about chasing every night, some of the dreams are really weird but I wont get into that :blink: . I've been meaning to put some of my own footage up from Tour 1 08 all year, just finding it hard to get down to editing. Will get something up this week.

Paul, the countdown to stormchase 2009 in your sig, is that an automatic countdown or are you modifying it daily. If its automatic how do you do it?

Posted

look forward to your clips ,,Yes I have had dreams myself of Storm Chase..

I need to calm down about thinking of Storm Chase ,,Cant seem to get anything done..

Posted

Yeah I know what you mean about getting nothing done dogs. Last year I wasn't so bad becalse I only deciided to go chasing about a month before the first chase, so it was really only a month of being unproductive, but I decided to go on this trip ages ago so I'm basically screwed. Needless to say, wife and boss (is there a difference :blink: ) are not happy campers!

Posted

my other half wasn't to happy because of the current credit crunch crisis with her job..

But I moaned about so much she decided to stop me moaning I should go.....She is now excited about it herself..

Even though she isnt going....

I ve just spent the entire afternoon watching all of Bristols video of Chase 1...Great entertainment thoroughly enjoyed it...

Was you in the red SVU on chase 1....Who is the real tall guy...

Bristol excellent vids.missed this the first time around,,,,,,,,,,,Love the night lightning...fantastic spiderr lightning...

One of the vids I noticed lighting evry couple of sec,,,I hope I see some of that,,

My lightning trigger wont stop working with that sort of electrics...

Ive seen a vid of one of the guys attempting a 72oz stake...on you tube....must watch this in a bit

EDIT Ive LOST THE LINK

anyone know the link of one of the guys attempting the 72oz stake

Edited by dogs32

Posted

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?s...t&p=1249111

There you go Pat, from the 72oz Steak Challenge Thread from 2008 Storm Chase Area. And the Tall guy you mention above is Stu_London who is also the same nutter that attempted the 72oz Steak and who will be on TOUR 1 With you This year...............And who also is Attempting to go back to the Big Texan and complete the task from last year, so much so he is in training and will not let Ian sabotage his attempt :whistling:

Paul S

Posted

CHEERS mate I lost the link earlier....No wonder he could attempt that hes massive.....Maybe 6ft8

Have a watch of it now...

Im laughing here,,,cant wait to see that.....Would try myself but I dont I will do it :whistling:

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Have a great time out there Dogs! Shame I'll not catch up with you, as I'll be arriving the day you leave... Hopefully, you'll take some great photo's whilst out there to whet my appetite :D

As it happens, I seems to have timed my trip to coincide exactly with Netweathers trips 2 and 3 so I may be sharing a flight out or back with a couple of you guys, depending on what times you fly. I fly out on May 8th, flight AA51, and fly back on the 30th flight AA80. Anyone going to be sharing a flight with me? :)

Posted
CHEERS mate I lost the link earlier....No wonder he could attempt that hes massive.....Maybe 6ft8

Have a watch of it now...

Im laughing here,,,cant wait to see that.....Would try myself but I dont I will do it :D

Hi Pat,

I see from an older topic that you bought a lightning trigger last year. Have you managed to use it? is it any good? and what camera are you using it with? I'm considering getting one for this years chase :)

Cheers

Ross.

Posted

Ross

I am using it when Dogs goes back to the Uk for the rest of the Storm Chase so hands off :aggressive: :lol: I have 1st dibs. Seriously though will be great to get some Daytime Lightning shots without losing all the quality due to taking it off a Video Grab.

Paul S

Posted
Ross

I am using it when Dogs goes back to the Uk for the rest of the Storm Chase so hands off :aggressive: :lol: I have 1st dibs. Seriously though will be great to get some Daytime Lightning shots without losing all the quality due to taking it off a Video Grab.

Paul S

So that is where you are getting one from :lol: I'll be buying my own i think, not that i'll get to use it much after May!

Posted
how you guys getting on with possible live streaming? this really excites me

cookie I am sure we are still live streaming with may be live chat available as well with yours truely while we chase as well will confirm with the techy guys later and get back to you

Posted
Hi Pat,

I see from an older topic that you bought a lightning trigger last year. Have you managed to use it? is it any good? and what camera are you using it with? I'm considering getting one for this years chase :aggressive:

Cheers

Ross.

lol.....Its first class mate....no joke.....Your daytime shots are hard to take...well this thing captures them first hand..

word of caution.....They have back orders so you better order it soon..Also Im affraid it will get held up at customs for security reasons...

Then you you have to pay to get it...cheek I know...But worth the money...

I got some excellent daytime and night time shots...will have a look and post a few up later today that were taken with the lightning trigger...

I said Paul can lend it on the last chase as hes been a good help and friend..

You HAVE to order the right cable lead with the camera or wont work...My camera is a Rebel XTI canon

I also have a EX CASIO....which is real cool....takes 60 pics per sec while doing video in HD.And many clever things like 1200 frames per sec..ect..ect...to many to post on here but a clever camera...

.So I hope I have evrything covered in the lightning area...

Gorky..thx mate.....you never know I just might bump into mate...lol.....This will be the 4th time to the States

but the most exciting thing Ive ever done..

After watching Bristolx videos I know Im going to have excellent time...Love to try the Stake...But my belly wouldnt handle it...

.taken with lightning trigger which will soon be on there website...this pic is my first ever night shot in RAW mode.there is no TAMPERING with the pic..settings.1/4 exposure...at f11 if i remebr right

Edited by dogs32

Posted

day time shot at F11...1/4 EXPOSURE...in RAW...slightly tweaked pic to make it darker.the above pic F setting is wrong..it was F4..

so im extremely happy with it compared to my screen caps.........gone are the days of vid stills..

though i will for the very first time be filming in HD...I would use FHD...but on a 4gb i will only have 30 min per card..oouch...

HD will give me 1hr per 4GB

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Would just like to wish all of The NW members who are going to the states GOOD LUCK and i hope this year is has successful as last year was

Nigel

Posted
cookie I am sure we are still live streaming with may be live chat available as well with yours truely while we chase as well will confirm with the techy guys later and get back to you

cool sounds great :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Have a great time everybodywhen you go and dogs,please don't forget to keep me updated by sending me loads of pics :drunk:

Posted
day time shot at F11...1/4 EXPOSURE...in RAW...slightly tweaked pic to make it darker.the above pic F setting is wrong..it was F4..

so im extremely happy with it compared to my screen caps.........gone are the days of vid stills..

though i will for the very first time be filming in HD...I would use FHD...but on a 4gb i will only have 30 min per card..oouch...

HD will give me 1hr per 4GB

Thanks mate, i will need to see about ordering one :) Do you have to phone them? I would rather just pay online, they will never understand my accent :drunk: