Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Welcome all to The Storm Enthusiasts group

Posted

Sorry for such a daft question bit do I have to join this group ( if so how do I do that please ) or can I just pop in as and when. More than happy to join if thats an option.

Thanks. BB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Hello BB:) this group is for anyone to pop in and chat when they want to:)No membership required. fingers crossed we get some good storms to chat about this year:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Looking at the latest outputs south-west England looks quite favoured for Friday, with a returning polar maritime regime in place (this often brings bands of showers SW-NE across the region) and high levels of CAPE. This was certainly the most usual setup for dramatic convection while I was in Exeter.

• 2 months later...
Posted

Hi still finding my way round this site so only just found this threadPosted Image Well i am obsessed with stormsPosted Image but alas never seem to get any round here in sunny Newbury BerksPosted Image ,oh well here's to wishfull thinkingPosted Image

I have been in or near several hurricanes in the U.S.A - Hugo,Irene and Wilma The last one was a near miss so the evening before had some very impressive storms and also had a 'Tornado' watch only a short drive away!

Posted

Hi still finding my way round this site so only just found this threadPosted Image Well i am obsessed with stormsPosted Image but alas never seem to get any round here in sunny Newbury BerksPosted Image ,oh well here's to wishfull thinkingPosted Image

I have been in or near several hurricanes in the U.S.A - Hugo,Irene and Wilma The last one was a near miss so the evening before had some very impressive storms and also had a 'Tornado' watch only a short drive away!

Hi mate welcome,

would love to experience a Hurricane but my passion is Supercells and Tornado's...maybe oneday I will hunt down a Hurricane..

Did you take any video footage of the hurricanes?

Posted

Hiya stingrayPosted Image

Storm mad here too lol

Wow, sounds like you had a great time in the USA with hurricanes and storms and the tornado watch.

It seems that over here in the UK we don't seem to get many storms anymore. Still, there's plenty of time yet for this yearPosted Image

Good luck up there in BerksPosted Image

Posted

I love storms but nerver see many up here Posted Image

You do, Stu.

Snowstorms so give us our six months of revenge. Posted Image

Phil. (Not affiliated with this part of the NSC!)

Posted

Hi thanks for the warm welcomePosted Image . I didn't take any video footage, unfortunatlyPosted Image .Maybe next timePosted Image . But yes although the hurricanes were awesome,but a good'ol English storm takes some beating- um thats if we ever get any againPosted Image ! Sunday night looked promising but alas it was not too be - but plenty of hefty rain about!Posted Image

Posted

I too am new to the forums, and storm mad.

I was wondering if there was a group on the forums which people local to each other can give reports etc, and even meetup for any storm chasing?

Posted

I too am new to the forums, and storm mad.

I was wondering if there was a group on the forums which people local to each other can give reports etc, and even meetup for any storm chasing?

Hiya sbiggs and welcome.Posted Image

There's quite a few of us who are storm mad on this forum lol.

Anyway, in answer to your question

We have a Convective Discussion in the UK Storms and Extreme Weather to report on who's getting storms in your local area and the rest of the UK.

Sometimes chasing is mentioned to which I think is arranged through PMing each other.

We have another thread for the members and mods who go on a USA storm chase every year too.

Storm Chase USA 2010

Anyhow, have a good look around and enjoy yer stayPosted Image

Posted

And I'm especially storm mad Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image Here's to the weekend, we may get a storm . if we're luckyPosted ImagePosted Image

Posted

Hi well far to warm for mePosted Image ,but if it sparks of the odd thunderstorm then it will be worth itPosted Image They 'hinted' we could have some storms about the weekend - good luck and keep your eyes openPosted Image

Posted

:clap::) Here's to the weekend, we may get a storm . if we're luckyPosted ImagePosted Image

:rofl: Oh I do hope so! although wont get my hopes up especially for here, Hopefully there will be some nice storms for some people :)

Edited by StormMad26

• 7 months later...
Posted

Just opened a new thread specifically on European storms and convective weather discussion here:

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Hi everyone.:D

I have finally updated my old camera to a new one The Fuji S 1600 and I'm very pleased with it. Looking forward to storm season again this year, it was really bad last year.There's still a lot to learn about my camera yet and I hope it wont be long before I can start taking good pics . Apart from that I'm all set and ready.

Yay!! Bring on those storms!:drunk:

• 5 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

I haven't had a good storm here since May during the humid spell of weather.

My attention will now turn to the Atlantic and the jet stream, hopefully we will see some good cyclogenesis and bombing depressions :)

Posted

I haven't had a good storm here since May during the humid spell of weather.

My attention will now turn to the Atlantic and the jet stream, hopefully we will see some good cyclogenesis and bombing depressions Posted Image

Oooh I do hope so JamesPosted Image

It's about time, My camera still awaits lol.

• 1 month later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Wasn't sure where to put this, but found an interesting docu on lightening here:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Posted

Can't believe there are no recent posts in here with the storm that hit Scotland last week and the two that are forecast for this week. If they materialise or not, they make interesting thread reading and chart following. My camera will be on standby :-))

Posted

Can't believe there are no recent posts in here with the storm that hit Scotland last week and the two that are forecast for this week. If they materialise or not, they make interesting thread reading and chart following. My camera will be on standby :-))

Hi Jo,

this group is more an educational and fun group .The severe weather thread http://forum.netweat...cussion-autumn/ is the one to discuss present and upcoming storms! :)