Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Welcome all to The Storm Enthusiasts group

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

not long now Jane for the April showers :rolleyes:

I hope you have your new camera by then and video ready

Can't wait Lol. Let's hope my new camera is gonna be a good one.I will let you know next week what it is like :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

not long now Jane for the April showers :lazy:

Can't wait Lol. Let's hope my new camera is gonna be a good one.I will let you know next week what it is like :)

I couldnt agree more...lol....I've had enough of that 'wishy-washy snow stuff' and boooooring cold dull days....Bring on the Cb's! :D

Posted

I couldnt agree more...lol....I've had enough of that 'wishy-washy snow stuff' and boooooring cold dull days....Bring on the Cb's! :)

Me too.I hate this cloudy drizzly dull weather! :) Not long to go now :)

not long now Jane for the April showers :lazy:

Forgot to get back to you Lol

I now have my 3rd new camera lol and I'm actually happy with it,no problems with it at all!

It is a PRAKTICA Dpix 910 z with A 9.0 MEGA PIXEL. takes lovely close up pics too.

Whilst I'm waiting for the storms I'm trying out pics of the night sky like Venus and the Moon. Imma wondering whether It would work through binoculars lol.Remember dogs I'm only a beginner in photography! You are the man lol :D

Anyway,let me know what you think of me camera. :)

Posted

Do have to love the April showers, fairly low topped CB's with the massive over hanging Mamma on the back end and heavy cold rain is what I tend to remember of them, certainly is exciting as you can tell that just a few months time we will be looking for the big CB's in the summer time heat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Do have to love the April showers, fairly low topped CB's with the massive over hanging Mamma on the back end and heavy cold rain is what I tend to remember of them, certainly is exciting as you can tell that just a few months time we will be looking for the big CB's in the summer time heat.

Can't wait! I've had more than enough of Winter now. Let's just hope this Summer is more thundery than the least two, not just wet.

Posted

I have to admit I've had my snow fix this winter but now I am starting to look forward to the storm season, starting with the USA trip to the US, then our shot at storms that usually peaks in July time, then the tropics really start to ramp up!

If anything from May-October is probably even better then the winter period for me, because usually there is plenty going on in this period.

Posted

Kold are you going on Storm chase USA.....

yes I don't wont snow any more,bring on April beef showers....Just think,March 21 is Spring

Jane let us know when you upload some pics....

Ive got a lot of practising to do for the USA trip with my camera....Dont wont to get any pics wrong

Posted

Sadly not, got uni for the next few years, plan to go after uni is finished mind you!

never mind mate your time will come.

Be worth the wait Im sure

I have had to cancel the last two USA trips

I'm so excited for this year for storms with the USA trip then the possibility with TS here throughout the year...

this as been a long winter..feels never ending..

I desperately miss the sound of thunder and lightning..

Im in withdraw symptoms

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Can't wait! I've had more than enough of Winter now. Let's just hope this Summer is more thundery than the least two, not just wet.

But what sort of storms will we be getting?

The last 2 years have provided trough/cold frontal storms as happened on 9 August last year and on, I think, an August afternoon in 2007 too. Pretty interesting to watch develop and slowly move through even if not spectacular lightning-wise.

I think we in this region need home grown set ups like 9 May last year which provided a spectacle for the Wiltshire/Bath/Bristol region OR slowly breaking down heatwaves with trailing cold fronts a la 24 June 2005 OR unstable Spanish plume type events which have been all too negligible in the last few years.

I find storms a double edged sword http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif . It's great in the daytime to see the cloud structures but the lightning isn't as spectacular. But at night the lightning is stunning however the cloud structures remain largely hidden, unless you get lucky with frequent sheet/strobe like lightning.

Andy, enjoying seeing some structure to this afternoon's slowly breaking cloud http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif .

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

Is it still to early yet for storms? I thought Storm season starts now! A few years ago I recall a couple good storms in the month of March.

I must say though , I'm not complaining yet as I'm a lovin this sunshine http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Posted

Is it still to early yet for storms? I thought Storm season starts now! A few years ago I recall a couple good storms in the month of March.

I must say though , I'm not complaining yet as I'm a lovin this sunshine :cold:

Storm season does start now in my books! Hopefully if we can get some unsettled weather next week we can see some action! Still a bit early for a southerly plume to bring some storms, but we can get some hefty showers on a unstable flow from the west or north. http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif

Posted

Storm season does start now in my books! Hopefully if we can get some unsettled weather next week we can see some action! Still a bit early for a southerly plume to bring some storms, but we can get some hefty showers on a unstable flow from the west or north. http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Oooh I do hope so Paul! would certainly be nice,seems years since the last one Lol

Posted

I wreckon it may well be into May before we are to see a decent plume.

However, who knows, this year we may some real decent severe outbreaks.

Decent thunderstorms have been unfortunately in very short supply in Ireland over the past few years.

Fingers crossed. http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Posted

well im sticking my neck out and saying we are dUe for some major TS here this year.....I reckon it all goes in cycles.and we are over DUE :D

Edited by dogs32

Posted

I can't remember my last storm! :p

Its not that bad is it Paul?

I thought you had a North France climate over there with Large Thunder cells in the Summer months...

Oh well

April is nearly here http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif when the skies will be filled with Anvils....well sometimes....

Just think of them long Summer nights staying up all ours watching the radar as the red x's march North or East..

This as been a long Winter........

You watch in April/May in parts I wont be here and just like last year there will be an out break in May again.

Edited by dogs32

Posted

I thought you had a North France climate over there with Large Thunder cells in the Summer months...

Oh well

April is nearly here :D when the skies will be filled with Anvils....well sometimes....

Just think of them long Summer nights staying up all ours watching the radar as the red x's march North or East..

You watch in April/May in parts I wont be here and just like last year there will be an out break in May again.

It has been a long time since I have seen a good storm, hopefully this will be a good summer, especially for those going on the US storm chase. :)

Posted

It has been a long time since I have seen a good storm, hopefully this will be a good summer, especially for those going on the US storm chase. :D

Dave we are due for decent storms here again in the Uk....Hopefully its this year

Posted

Oh well

April is nearly here :D when the skies will be filled with Anvils....well sometimes....

Lol, no I mustn't complain really because we do get our fair share of imports here. But last summer is a long time ago now!

Bring on the bubbling clouds! :)

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Last summer wasn't as good for storms as 2007 - which was an amazing one for me. Not just the awesome supercell in July of that year, but there were loads of other storms as well in all three summer months. There were continental import one's, there were homegrown thundery downpours, and then there were polar northerly one's as well.

So a repeat of that would be very welcome! :D

Posted

Looking possible for some thundery showers this week - I'd say Wednesday & Thursday have the potential.

well im sticking my neck out and saying we are dUe for some major TS here this year.....I reckon it all goes in cycles.and we are over DUE :D

You'll be seeing your fair share on the Storm Chase :D !

It has been a long time since I have seen a good storm, hopefully this will be a good summer, especially for those going on the US storm chase. :)

Dave, lest ye not forget Friday 9 May last year :) - some people on here (not me!) didn't even get one storm last year!

Edited by Andy Bown

Posted

9th May was incredible yes, one to be remembered. But you are right, last year was a decent year, just always seems a long time ago after winter!

Good shout on later in the week though, I agree and there has been some activity about today which I have noted in the convective discussion thread.