Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Anyone know what caused this?

Posted

Hi everyone

My wife took this picture this morning using her digital camera and we saw this in the image. At the time the curtains were closed and

there wasn't any sunlight entering the room at all.

What does everyone think it is?

post-5487-1217066449_thumb.jpg

Posted
Hi everyone

My wife took this picture this morning using her digital camera and we saw this in the image. At the time the curtains were closed and

there wasn't any sunlight entering the room at all.

What does everyone think it is?

post-5487-1217066449_thumb.jpg

Could be cigerette smoke??

Or the camera is a bit faulty? Or the lens has been altered someway eg someone accidently put fingers on the lens of the camera.

Impressive picture though but i am sure the skeptics would say the above.

Posted
Could be cigerette smoke??

Or the camera is a bit faulty? Or the lens has been altered someway eg someone accidently put fingers on the lens of the camera.

Impressive picture though but i am sure the skeptics would say the above.

Hi mate :)

Yes I might have said the same as you, but we took several pictures slightly before and afterwards which are perfectly clear,

which rules out finger prints etc. and my wife wasn't smoking at the time.

Looks like the same as in this photo http://www.magnoliamansion.com/images/robertas-ghost-2lg.jpg

Which is said to be a ghost.

Iv heard this a lot of time when people take photos there is always on that gets something. I read a story about when people tried to get photos of a ghost but it didnt work and they last photo caught somenthing interesting.

Edited by weathermaster

Hi

This is Julie, Brians wife who took the picture. I am often taking snaps of our little boy and have many in the same area since he was born and none have come out like this. I was told by a friend to have my camera near me as my little boy keeps saying there is a man in our house downstairs hence the picture this morning. Living in this house I would rather it not be a ghost I can't say it's nothing to do with the camera or the lighting but 2 pics were taken within a matter of seconds one with this blurring the other with nothing .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Well you could look at it like this:- Your ancestors came and took a look at your latest offspring :rolleyes:

Maybe though, its just dust, maybe not. Some things one just never finds the truth about, ever...

B/W. Thats just the sort of picture you could put in the local paper on his birthday, when he is 21 :D

Posted

Looking at the pic several times and possible explanations discounted, then its unexplainable. Did you both feel the house feels haunted before your little boy said something? Can you remember when your friend told you that your little boy said theres a man in the house?

Personally, i would just continue living normally and forget about the pic unless something you can't explain happen then perhaps a locked off camera may needs to be set up and see if anything unusral happens. If you do feel threatened by the suppose 'ghost' (or just simply do not want a 'ghost' there), bless the house(i don't think it matters what religion you are, i'm sure the priest would bless the house) and don't challange it to show yourself as i feel provoking could make things worse.

Anyways, good luck and lets hope its nothing more than just one dodgy photo. Hopefully you will keep me(and others) posted.

Welcome to the forum btw Julie :rolleyes: .

Posted
Well you could look at it like this:- Your ancestors came and took a look at your latest offspring :rolleyes:

Maybe though, its just dust, maybe not. Some things one just never finds the truth about, ever...

B/W. Thats just the sort of picture you could put in the local paper on his birthday, when he is 21 :D

Hi Russ

I'm baffled by this one mate; normally I would be a bit of a skeptic but I can't find an explanation for this one at all.

If it were dust, then surely the previous picture would have been affected also, which it wasn't.

We do live in a very old house though, and my little boy has often mentioned that he has seen a man in his room.

I'm going to have to keep snapping away to see if I can catch anything else.

Brian :)

Posted
Hi Russ

I'm baffled by this one mate; normally I would be a bit of a skeptic but I can't find an explanation for this one at all.

If it were dust, then surely the previous picture would have been affected also, which it wasn't.

We do live in a very old house though, and my little boy has often mentioned that he has seen a man in his room.

I'm going to have to keep snapping away to see if I can catch anything else.

Brian :rolleyes:

I also think if it was dust, orbs would of been visable in the picture but in the picture you posted i can't see any.

It will be interesting if you do keep snapping away and perhaps take a picture(perhaps ideally at night) of the boy's room and see if you catch anything.

You also could ask questions about this man the boy see, eg what does he look like or is he making you afriad? or is he too young to be asked yet?. I would suggest putting a lock off camera where the boy normally see's the man and see if you get anything on camera.

This house has given us a few things to think about on many ocassions but we try to think of a rational explanation and to be honest they happen on such a regular basis that they are part of day to day life. Most things don't worry me, it's normally a case of turning stereos back off when they suddenly just come on, but the pipe smoke that I smelt in my sons old bedroom did used to get me; the chip fryer turned itself on by itself the other night which even my eldest son witnessed me checking before I went to bed. I don't really want to get anyone involved; for one it's a bit embarracing and most people think you're mad, and two, if there is anything here it might make it worse. Our son is only four, but next time if he see's something I will try to make it a game and get him to describe what the man looks like. The camera is going to be working over time from now on to see if I can get anything else

Posted

Ha, sounds like a place i stayed in once in Brixham, unfortunately the house got the better of us and we packed up and finished our holiday early. i dont think you need to feel embarrased by seeking help though Julie. but if all the time you feel no fear or reason to be frightened i suppose you can at least see if you can get another picture.

Oh, welcome back to NW :rolleyes:

Posted

looks like 2 legs between the floor and the arm of the sofa,and something sat on the arm with the rest of it rising to the ceiling,spooky

Posted

Hi brian,very interesting photo. If you step back from the screen you may see a face to the left of your little lad with maybe two arms raised up, as if copying him dancing,( if he was dancing that is, lol).No need to worry imho,maybe nothing at all :rolleyes: . PS, my wife spotted it after a while as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

The best way to find out if it is a spiritual thing is IMO, to fall asleep in the room, usually what ever is there comes for a look when one is asleep.

I have seen "things" looking at me in "pheasants" houses in The UK, Romania, Portugal and France. Usually happens when I am dozing off in a place where I do not usually sleep. I am sensitive to such things mind, some say rubbish, some believe. I don't care, I know what I saw :D

When I was younger, the same sort of age as your son, I saw people who weren't there quit a bit. It left me when I grew to be a teenager, but the ability returned in 1999 and I didn't like it at first, a bit of a shocker...

I can never tell by looking at a photo, if a place has "spirits". I just suddenly find out, usually in the evening when tired/sleepy.

The Romans called the things I occasionally see deity's (local gods). I suggest that if it is a spiritual thing on the photo, it is one of those deity's. As long as your son does not get upset fine, if he does change rooms.

Still could be dust though :)

I await men in white coats :rolleyes:

Men in white coats have tried many a time to take me away lol

We used to sleep in sons old bedroom one of the reasons why we moved him was he kept saying there was a man in his bed and he started wetting the bed as well which since we moved him he has only done twice. The house doesn't have a bad feeling to it at all when we were looking to buy a house many years ago we viewed some very weird places one of which both Brian and I ran out of needless to say we didn't put an offer in.

Can I take this opportunity to say thanks to you all for your warm welcome back

Posted
Hi brian,very interesting photo. If you step back from the screen you may see a face to the left of your little lad with maybe two arms raised up, as if copying him dancing,( if he was dancing that is, lol).No need to worry imho,maybe nothing at all :D . PS, my wife spotted it after a while as well.

Hi Dave :)

It's nice to hear you say that as we consider this particular room as our happy room, where we listen to lots of music

and have fun; it would be nice to think that if there is a ghost, then he/she is just merely joining in with us. :)

Posted

I know this sounds wierd but have you tried to talk to the alleged man? Maybe your son could. It is well know that chldren see things we as adults don't because they are open to what we see as impossible they have innocence and are not closed off from things we as adults are told cannot be true.

If you are not feeling threatened and the house had a welcoming feeling when you viewed it then i don't think if it is haunted you have anything to worry about. The man your son says he see's could just be trying to get you attention.

Try a white noise experiment. Get a tape player or MP3 and just press record in the room. Then ask questions and wait for and answer after a while play back the tape and see if you can hear anything.

Good luck and your son looks to be a very happy good looking lad whose going to break someones heart one day. lol