Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Team Head Home

Paul

Posted

Thank you to all that were involved in any of the chases this year. It has been fascinating to follow online and the next best thing to being there.

The biggest thanks though go to Paul, Nick, Ian, NL, & the other knowledgeable people that freely share their wisdom on the forum. Cheers for making it so easy to follow and constantly filling in the missing knowledge and keeping us all up to date with where people were, what the plans were & what the hell was going on with the weather.

I hope that, for the three that were in the U.S., the 35 days (plus all the organisation time & effort involved) chasing were not too much in retrospect and that it hasn't taken away the wonderment and excitement of the chase and the experience and that you will all be going back again next year.

Thanks guys.

Stewart

Posted

Fully relaxed and recovered from the Jetlag now, thanks to all for following us over the 35 days, it went so quickly, my Wife coped ever better strangely enough although if I went back for the risks this week I would be avaliable and divorced quicker than the Tornado that destroyed the Garage in Aurora. It was my best trip ever with 14 Tornadoes, some great footage and pictures, would like to thank Nick and Ian for all their efforts over the 5 weeks as well. Roll on 2009!

Paul S

Posted
Fully relaxed and recovered from the Jetlag now, thanks to all for following us over the 35 days, it went so quickly, my Wife coped ever better strangely enough although if I went back for the risks this week I would be avaliable and divorced quicker than the Tornado that destroyed the Garage in Aurora. It was my best trip ever with 14 Tornadoes, some great footage and pictures, would like to thank Nick and Ian for all their efforts over the 5 weeks as well. Roll on 2009!

Paul S

I was just wondering Paul...When will you be going into the recording studios to make a start on your new album,

now that yours and the teams amazing singing talents have been recognized. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Paul S

Welcome, back home to all of you! Glad you had such a great time, heres to next year! :)

Best Wishes IAN.

Posted

Great footage from BBC web of a tornado crashing into a bank.no sound

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

I saw that online earlier. It's the Parkersburg F5. Amazing the camera's stayed running as long as they did. I guess the banks security systems need to run even after power is cut, although I'm sure they were not designed for Tornadoes!

Posted

A good demostration of the power of a tornado

Posted

Just wanted to mention that, for those of you who need more severe weather (and seek help now), I have started a sort of resumed virtual chase over in the extreme weather forum, except that I called it "USA severe weather June 2008" ... who knows, maybe somebody is still out there chasing, and I sure hope they have a car with A/C ... 106 F at Liberal KS yesterday and probably again today (although they would be chasing a lot further northeast than that).