Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

DAY 26 - MODERATE RISK

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
Sirens in great bend parrently??

edit.. been canceled..

Right.. my bed time.. Sleep tight all!! :)

Hi all, just booked into hotel in Great Bend, heard the tornado sirens go off briefly but there seems little to worry about atm with storms to SW - just some hail, no rotation showing as yet in the squall line - squall line should weaken slowly:

post-1052-1211602225_thumb.jpg

storm south of Great Bend looked interesting earlier on wrt circulation - Protection not farfrom Greensburg got badly hit apparently:

post-1052-1211602409_thumb.jpgpost-1052-1211602451_thumb.jpg

5 tornadoes seen today by all of us, got photos and video of all of them to upload in a new thread, last tornado of the day near Ellis caused a power flash in the dark before our eyes. Best chase day ever!

Posted

Guys

I cannot even describe how today has gone, we could not have played this any better. To get 5 Tornadoes in one day is incredible and I started the day on 13! Now up to 18 and to see a Wedge about 2 miles in front of us with a Satelite Cone Tornado was incredible, we drove through Baseballs to get there and the Video is Incredible, after that the Meso Occluded and we watched from the South West as the most beautiful Elephant Trunk put down a huge Tube. We then got another Cone Tornado North of Ness City and then the finale of the Ellis Truncated Tornado which we have video footage of it Destroying a House and Power flashes, we were literally about 1 Mile to its South East. I am in awe and Poor old Andy has seen 8 Tornadoes in 3 days! :)

You are not going to believe the Footage and Pictures today!

Paul Sherman

Posted
5 tornadoes seen today by all of us, got photos and video of all of them to upload in a new thread, last tornado of the day near Ellis caused a power flash in the dark before our eyes. Best chase day ever!

Glad you all had a great day. Sounds like it worked out beautifully for you. It was certainly something else watching it on the web through the night, I can't even imagine what it must have been like to see it first hand.

Well chuffed for you all. :)

Definite steaks all round when you next get the chance!! :) I would say sleep well tonight but I would have thought it could get noisy for you with all the stuff from the squall line hitting you later. I take it you are just breaking Andy in gently?!

Edited by AudMun

Posted

Stewart

Andy cannot quite believe what he is seeing at the moment, I have never bagged 5 Tornadoes in one day either. Going to take some serious uploading of pictures LOL

Paul S

Posted

You're right, seriously impressive video, but that is way too close ... this is how you could easily end up like Dorothy in Oz.

Or the county morgue.

Anyway, congrats to Paul's team and Stu ... were the ITV guys still along for the show, or have they left the scene of the crime?

Posted

Been a very busy day for tornado outbreaks and a pretty active little period of weather, today may well also give some decent tubes. I'm really looking foward to the footage and photos from this chase day I suspect its going to be very impressive to see if you had 5 tornados in one hit!

Posted

Fantastic stuff, sounds like you guys had the perfect day! :D Looking forward to the reports/pictures, etc!