Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Day 17 - Reports and Pictures

Nick F

Posted

Well Gorky at least you had a good time out there chasing on your own must have been a worthwhile experience.

Also great photos everyone, yeah that CG still is blurry Nick but its still a cool shot despite that.

Posted
post-24-1210981813_thumb.jpg

Have hundreds of Lightning Captures to pull off the Vid Camera, but here is one from the start of May, very blurry and this is why I hate taking the captures off Video, the white road does not help at all.

Paul S

Paul that is fantastic sky...God willing I will see sky like that next year....thats evil but exciting...Paul maybe your video camera is on Automatic focus.....can u turn it oiff

or is this not the probelm...Oh and Paul have you left Nick.F somewhere on the plains he never seems to answer..not sure if hes still with the teams..lol

Paul in reality do you think a month is long enough?...maybe it should extend into 2 extra weeks

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.
Just Nathan and Steve, dont know about Stu, but Paul, Nick and Ian are out there for awhile yet,

also another group are out to join the team Tuesday 20th..

Paul, Ian and I are staying until the 1st of June :)
All is not lost Rusty I am out here until 30th and will for the net week be chasing with Dave Ewoldt and things are going to pick up midweek. So will keep you posted.

Tom Lynch

Thank god for that, at least May is covered. Problem is when May is over, what are we going to do????? :lol: I'll probably need counseling :lol:

I am so pleased some of you are staying till the end of the month. I am sure there will be some good tornado's to watch.

Netweather Storm Chase choir part Deux!

If you all don't mind, I would like to manage you as a male performance singing dancing ensemble, if you don't have a manager already that is..., I feel there is an opening in the middle age desperate housewives sector :)

There could be enough money in this to keep a storm chase team permanently on station :unknw:

Plus as many steaks as you can eat and enough beer to flood Texas... :lol:

Russ ;)

Posted
If you all don't mind, I would like to manage you as a male performance singing dancing ensemble, if you don't have a manager already that is..., I feel there is an opening in the middle age desperate housewives sector ;)

There could be enough money in this to keep a storm chase team permanently on station :lol:

Plus as many steaks as you can eat and enough beer to flood Texas... :lol:

Russ :lol:

:unknw: Fab.

Posted
and next to a strip club which is apparently notorious for drugs and crime... bargain...... I'm sure I'll get a lot of sleep tonight! :unknw:

Can you PM, Ian and me the name of the strip club for next year. Thx

:lol:

Posted

Paul as it been better than your last visit this year?

Them clouds must be such a sight to see/......Youve have to admit they look scary in some of your shots....

And some of the lightning storms must be fantastic to see...I dont think I would of sleep..I think I would be using so much memory of camera........I think IAM going to need many memory cARDS

Edited by dogs32

Posted
Can you PM, Ian and me the name of the strip club for next year. Thx

:lol:

Stu,

I have already added it to the streets and trips and is awaiting your return :unknw:

Posted
Stu, I have already added it to the streets and trips and is awaiting your return :D
:):)
ian i read that, an you told me you were storm chasing!!!!!!
:) seems like there may be a storm when you get home Ian :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Well thats been an interesting couple of nights... I was awoken at 3:00am in the motel by a couple of cars pulling up right outside my room and the occupants getting out and starting to have a go at each other. I didn't understand much of the 'ghetto' speak they were using but it was 50% swearing :o I think they were selling something and I doubt it was legal. That went on for about an hour. I didn't sleep after that. Since then, I've had the overnight flight and didn't sleep then. The lass sat next to me was very nice, friendly and off to do 'charity' work in Uganda. It turns out this was actually Missionary work and she spent the last hour of the flight he trying her best to save me as I hadn't found Jesus yet.... *sigh*. No sleep again so I'm really tired. I'll look for Jesus when I get home. He's probably just fallen down the back of the sofa or something..

(no offense intended to Christians!)

BTW, Video has been done for the Brady Supercell. I have to shrink it on my comp when I get home as it is very large. I will try and get it onto Youtube in the next day or so....

Edited by Gorky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Amazing stuff guys, and next year if I get to go you will have found Jesus, I bare a remarking resemblence. :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Well I've finally got some video up from the Brady Supercell.... It's 9 minutes long showing several different clips as listed below.

Approaching the storm

Speeded up clip of the hook echo region of the storm to show the rotation.

Structure, Inflow and Lightning Footage

Driving through Brady when the 70mph winds hit the town. (Listen out for the tornado warning for Brady as I am driving!)

Damage from the winds whilst driving back out of Brady

Heavy rains in Lampasas.

Unfortunately, it has been squashed into Youtube's aspect ratio when it was shot in 16:9 so it looks a little squashed. And the quality isn't anything to write home about. I'm tempted to try do some higher quality captures and put them on a site which allows higher resolution at a later point.

Please feel free to comment anyway!