Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Your Final Chance to win a place on the 2009 storm chase

Paul

Posted

Agreed Cookie! Paul I never realised you were that old. The Wizard of Oz was released in 1939 making your 1st tornado in 1948, wow! :drunk:

Posted

Can't wait for the results.

The truth is out there.

gobby :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

AAAAaaaaaarrgh. I was so sure about this one. I'm sure I'm not the only one who looked through the archives and found this from Paul Sherman.

Where did it all go wrong???????

Posted

AAAAaaaaaarrgh. I was so sure about this one. I'm sure I'm not the only one who looked through the archives and found this from Paul Sherman.

Just spoke to Paul about this, when they researched the NWS archive for that day, it turned out that there were no tornadoes in that location, so what they saw was just a backlit funnel cloud.

Posted

Just spoke to Paul about this, when they researched the NWS archive for that day, it turned out that there were no tornadoes in that location, so what they saw was just a backlit funnel cloud.

Posted

Edited by gobbyash

Posted

Just to clear up the Misunderstanding, I checked the NOAA Archives and there were no Reports on the Grand Island Supercell of 10th May 2005 of Tornadoes, In all the adrenalin of seeing my 1st Supercell and 1st Funnel Clouds I excitedly put Tornado when of course we all know they are very different from Funnel Clouds. The 1st Bonafide Tornado which touched the ground was the Childress HP Supercell from Friday 13th May 2005 where a slender tube kicked up just near Benjamin in the Texas Panhandle.

Good luck to the 30 or so who are in with a shout on Thursday - Will be great to have you out there next year to see the Most Powerful storms on the Planet!

Paul Sherman

Posted

Just to clear up the Misunderstanding, I checked the NOAA Archives and there were no Reports on the Grand Island Supercell of 10th May 2005 of Tornadoes, In all the adrenalin of seeing my 1st Supercell and 1st Funnel Clouds I excitedly put Tornado when of course we all know they are very different from Funnel Clouds. The 1st Bonafide Tornado which touched the ground was the Childress HP Supercell from Friday 13th May 2005 where a slender tube kicked up just near Benjamin in the Texas Panhandle.

Good luck to the 30 or so who are in with a shout on Thursday - Will be great to have you out there next year to see the Most Powerful storms on the Planet!

Paul Sherman

Posted

God luck to all in the draw. Hope it's a "regular" who wins. Must admit it's a bit frightening to be this close :) Do the chase cars have toilets?

Dave

Posted

Second that Jan. I'm not getting my hopes up too much, although i have 2 entries in the hat. Good luck to everyone on the list.

Jay.