Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Days T & 1 & 2

Paul Sherman

Posted

The trend on the 00z model run was to speed up this developing severe weather situation, which is not entirely good news for chasing. Would like to see 12z before saying very much, but the look of the current run is that severe storms would develop in eastern CO and parts of w KS, sw Nebraska, on Wednesday afternoon and evening, then move rather quickly east through the night so that Thursday's chase might be quite a ways to the southeast of Wednesday's best storms.

However, I would not be surprised if this gets adjusted again because the situation downstream with the low near NYC has never been that well resolved on the model runs. Lows that gather a lot of warm air over Colorado and Utah often have trouble shifting east because of the interaction with the Rockies. We'll have to see what 12z says about this.

Posted

Hi Guys

Thanks for the updates, it sounds and looks like your all having a great time :D It seems a little bit strange

in a way, knowing that you are all thousands of miles away from the UK, and almost dosen't seem real.

Enjoyed the photos by the way, its nice to be able to put faces to eveyrone.

Another day of storm watching for us in the the UK today, although it dosen't look like there is anything

too spectacular on the cards.

Look forward to more reports.

Brian ;)

Posted

thanks Blackie for letting us Know who's who....

They look like the Welsh Rugby team..lol...

Mr Fish the referee :)

Look forward to the updates..and stay safe

Posted

Hi Mick

It is 650am over here so just getting up and Showered before heading downstairs to breakfast. Had a quick peek at the Models and still happy with Thursday. SPC Mention the possibility of Strong Tornadoes and Supercells with 3000 Cape!

Hopefully we get a strong Cap and the guys can see the Storms explode along the Dryline. Bit of a Decision with regards to Tomorrows Chance of action, will speak with Nick and Michael when they get up to see how they feel about potentially putting ourselves 4-5 hours drive away from the action on Thursday by having a shot at Wednesday. Looks like another system will come into the Plains from 5-7th Next week so fingers crossed this one will have at least 2 days of Severe as well.

Plan today is to drive Northwards at about 11am (5pm Uk) but we will have a Wifi signal all the way along I35 So feel free to chat to the guys and they will answer you pretty rapidly.

Will post a picture up of all 10 of the Team by about 6pm Uk time.

Regards

Paul S & Team

Posted
post-2999-1209398779_thumb.jpg post-2999-1209398794_thumb.jpg

Hmmm you guys are fit!!! Any one single? :) Even Mr Fish has a cute little face (Don't tell his wife) :)

Hope you lot have a great time out there. Seem's like therr is a lot of petential!

Posted

thanks Paul, seems like thursday may be the better day and hopefully you will be in a good position.

Ian, whereabouts in SE London you from? Not around SE18 way are you?

Beka!! behave :)

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Yep, Thursday looking good for our introduction for the US severe storm virgins on the tour, fingers seem to be pointing towards N/central or NE Oklahoma for best potential but will have a gander at the models in a mo to further this up. Here's the best part of the day 3 outlook for Thursday that Paul mentions above:

...CENTRAL/SRN PLAINS...LOWER MO VALLEY...

SOMEWHAT TIGHTLY CLUSTERED SVR OUTBREAK IS POSSIBLE -- INCLUDING

SUPERCELLS WITH LARGE/DAMAGING HAIL AND POSSIBLY SIGNIFICANT

TORNADOES. ATTM...CONSENSUS OF SREF AND OPERATIONAL PROGS INDICATES

PORTIONS ERN KS...NERN OK...AND WRN MO MAY HAVE MAXIMUM OVERALL

POTENTIAL. HOWEVER...NON-TRIVIAL THREAT EXTENDS NWD TOWARD SERN

NEB/SRN IA/NRN MO AND SWD OVER ERN OK/NWRN AR. UNCERTAINTIES

PRECLUDING GREATER PROBABILITIES ATTM INVOLVE TRACK/INTENSITY OF SFC

LOW AND RELATED LOW LEVEL FORCING...NWD EXTENT OF MOST FAVORABLE

RETURN FLOW MOISTURE...AND CAPPING ALONG/AHEAD OF DRYLINE OVER ERN

OK AND RED RIVER REGION. AS SOME OF THESE MESOSCALE DETAILS BECOME

BETTER RESOLVED...CATEGORICAL RISK UPGRADE IS POSSIBLE FOR THIS FCST

PERIOD.

Blue skies here in Denton atm, temps look like getting in the 80s again this afternoon on our journey further north into Oklahoma, still deciding on the potential for some high based storms over Ern Colorado and NW Kansas which we could head NW for tomorrow, it maybe a long haul up there then back E/SE for Thursdays target area over N/NE OK.

Breakfast beckons, will update later ...

Posted

post-6667-1209472411_thumb.jpg

Who ate all the pies? all those yank cow pies? Shermanator! Shermanator! you ate all the pies :)

Posted

Breakfast safely negotiated - slight hangover from the Sambuca this morning

Off to Dodge City this morning about a 7 hour drive - storm potential looks poor today, although tomorrow looks more promising and the weekend even better.

Although it was on the other side of the country, our Barons system picked up the Virginia tornados very well yesterday, which gives us a lot of confidence in the system.

Posted

Excellent stuff, nice to see the chasers and have faces to the names! Go get them storms!

Posted
OK well not long now until we load up the SUVs and head to Dodge City, KS.

I have uploaded a test video to Youtube of some forecast discussion while on the highway out of DFW. If it all works out well then it will be good to upload storm footage later on.

brilliant ...looks warm there,cant wait for more footage

Posted

Yeah Thursday is looking like a good first shot at severe weather and the weekend doesn't look bad.

I think the guys and gals would agree that the way things are panning out is good because its a nice slow start so you can have a nice time getting that tan going and enjoying the region and the weather as well as getting to know each other. I can't wait to see more pictures you lot out there are very lucky!

Highly likely you lot will see supercells (probably about 98-99% chance I'd guess haha!) and a reasonable shot of tornadoes hopefully!

Anyway as for Thursday yep it would be good if the cap could hold till till say 2-3pm local time which should be long enough to allow real explosive convection to form along the dryline. I've not had a great look at the models but I will have a better look tomorrow!

Edited by kold weather

Posted
What a handsome bunch - I bet no one can tell you're English.

Hmmm... and not a Baldrick look-a-like amongst them... such a disappointment for a girl.

Have fun, gentlemen... and don't do anything I wouldn't do.

Posted

Good to see you all out there having fun - hope the weather cooperates with you and your boys' toys go find those storms!

Look forward to seeing more pictures and hearing more over the next few days.

Posted
Personally I think Paul S and Ian C were separated at birth! Good luck chaps, happy chasing.

I thought that! Hahahahaha!!

Posted

hi ian nice to hear from you, sounds like you r havin fun, weather here is awful, thunder, lightning terrential rain you name it we got it, but im sure this happened last time you lot went over there, watch those big steaks :) take care and have fun talk to you tomorrow :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

My mouth is watering thinking of American steaks, grills, beer and the like, a very civilized thread this :)

For your interest another angle on yesterdays tornado in Suffolk, Va. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4...cDzBw&hl=en

and http://blog.washingtonpost.com/capitalweat...ml?hpid=artslot

Hope you are all having fun. 9C and showers here :)

Russ

Edited by Rustynailer