Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moskito's & Daddy-long-legs

Posted

Anyone see tons of these? Was out in the garden today digging again and they are everywhere! Especially the Moseys. I left the kitchen door open and now they are all in there. Time to get some nets me thinks for the doors!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Cant stand daddy long legs. If you leave the light on with a window open when it's dark outside and they come swarming in, hate them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Yeah, Mosquito's here everywhere too. An in the trees and hedgerows there were swarms of flies today aswell, the air was filled with angry humming all afternoon. Haven't seen any daddy long legs though.

Posted
Yeah, Mosquito's here everywhere too. An in the trees and hedgerows there were swarms of flies today aswell, the air was filled with angry humming all afternoon. Haven't seen any daddy long legs though.

I saw 2 baby ones chasing each other round in circles!

Anyone recommend a good net for my kitchen door way? I ain't 'aving them coming in all summer ...

Posted

didn't OON suggest some last year in a post :lol: i may be mistaken though. if all else fails Google will be a good place to look, and maybe even ebay :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Everyone always suggests that Mosquitoes are cold blooded killers. Unfortunately this is a misjustice to the Mosquito, and yet another American folk falacy.

yes Mosquitoes can be problems in hot countries as they can spread disease however Mosquitoes in this country are harmless.

Mosquitoes require blood to survive and they inject a mild aneasthetic after they have took their drink so the animal doesn't feel too much pain.

For the mosquitoes in this country I'm quite happy to let it take my blood if it wants, I know it poses little threat, and a spot on my arm is of little consequence to me.

I think like this; as great thinkers we are an exceptional life form, but in reality we are perhaps no more valuable than a mosquito.

Posted

Oh i'm not bothered about catching anything at all Steve :) It's the damn itching and bites they leave you. I tend attract them all :( Like in Croatia a couple of years ago I came home with my legs and arms all covered in red itchy bumps. And I ain't gonna let any get to me this year! Home or away!!

Do you remember what post it was in Mick?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds
Oh i'm not bothered about catching anything at all Steve ;) It's the damn itching and bites they leave you. I tend attract them all :( Like in Croatia a couple of years ago I came home with my legs and arms all covered in red itchy bumps. And I ain't gonna let any get to me this year! Home or away!!

Yeah, the itching I can't stand. There were lots last year, and whilst I know they need blood to survive I definitely don't want mosquitoes biting me.

Oh i'm not bothered about catching anything at all Steve :) It's the damn itching and bites they leave you. I tend attract them all <_< Like in Croatia a couple of years ago I came home with my legs and arms all covered in red itchy bumps. And I ain't gonna let any get to me this year! Home or away!!

It must be hell being covered in itchy red lumps so I will let you into my little secret....Marmite. The mozzies cant stand it. I don't mean you have to smear it all over your body, but on toast every morning it does the trick as I can survive summers without any bites at all. Something to do with the B vitamins. Supposed to work for horses with sweetitch too. :)

Posted
It must be hell being covered in itchy red lumps so I will let you into my little secret....Marmite. The mozzies cant stand it. I don't mean you have to smear it all over your body, but on toast every morning it does the trick as I can survive summers without any bites at all. Something to do with the B vitamins. Supposed to work for horses with sweetitch too. :blink:

OH GOD! That was funny as!! HAHAHHAAA! Imagine me on the beach in Portugal covered from head to toe in Marmite! Nice one! LOLOLOL. You guys will get the sun newspaper with me on the front. Tourist got burnt LOL. Oh man ... fortunately I do like marmite. Better try it.