Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/Wintry Precipitation Reports: 28th January 2004 (2)

Tim B

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

my sister in chelmsford just called. it was raining she took a phone call for 5 minutes went back to the window and everything is covered! loads of snow! getting darker and the wind picking up more so fingers are crossed!

Posted

King's Lynn, Norwich, Ipswich, Colchester, Northampton, Central London, Oxford, Milton Keynes.

Heavy Snow is due within the next 1 - 3 hours in all the Prior-mentioned locations.

Lighter Sleet or maybe Snow is expected across parts of North Wiltshire, Berkshire and Hampshire within the next 1 - 3 hours, the chance of snowfall and heavy accumulations due to settling is lower.

Anywhere just North or North East of London will most definately see Very Wintry Precipitation within the next couple of hours, leading to accumulations of upto 6cm likely. As a generic rule the further South and West you travel the more the precipitation will fall as wet snow or sleet.

I've been on my travels today and I've seen accumulations of 10cm very close to Gainsborough, in between Doncaster and Lincoln. I started in Scarborough where I steadily progressed to Pickering in the North york Moors where I stayed the night and was not disappointed with the significant 6 - 9cm accumulations I witnessed. I've since then travelled slightly SW to York where I witnessed Moderate intensifying through time to heavy snowfall, where no significant accumulations were evident in the City, however more rural locations were impressive and I did witness falls of 5 - 6cm.

After studying the charts again, I then decided that their would be significant accumulations anywhere between Mansfield and Lincoln and potentially Nottingham. The generic rule again applied, whereby I did realise that the most significant evidence of accumulative snowfall would occur in more rural districts around these regions.

Arrived in Licoln at 15.45 to be greeted by Heavy Snowfall, accumulations of 3cm in exposed rural areas of the city, but merely slush in the City Centre.

So, I'm in Lincoln, I need to start heading west now in order to make my destination Swindon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder and lightning

Weather in Hertford in Hertfordshire has gone absolutely crackers. BIG thick flakes falling from the skys. :(

OOoooooooops I have forgot our rush hour starts this time. Drive safely guys and girls.

Just started to snow in Wembley (North West London) this time it is snow not sleet, it is still fine snow but bigger than before. Still very very dark outside, just heard from a friend in hertfordshire and it is a blizzard there a complete white out. So it is on its way to us!! :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

jusyt very very dark with rain! :( but in chelmsford loadsa snow and thunder and lightening!

SNOW!!!! :(

Moderator Edit (By Tim :( Second message was edited in to this one, Don't double post please

Posted

Just popped out on Snow Patrol(!) in Bond Street, London W1

First raindrops from front are falling. Sky is laden to all points north.

Windy doesn't feel that cold.

Estimate temp to be 1-2C higher in central london than 2-3 miles out so expect rain and sleet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder and lightning

Weather Report for Hertford in Hertfordshire: TIME: 16-12 gusty, spitting with rain,

16-20 very gusty blizzards thick flakes, 17-00 still snowing we have 5cms / 2 inches that has fallen in 40 minutes.

WOW WEE :(

Thankyou Mother Nature xxx

Posted

Weather report from Cockfosters, North London.

Abandon hope all you rush-hour commuters. Leave your cars in the streets, walk home, several of you will sadly get very ill as a result, because its snowmageddon out there.

Nearly an inch of snow now, in just 15 minutes.