Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/Wintry Precipitation Reports: 28th January 2004 (2)

Tim B

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy weather in winter. Dry and warm in summer.

Fairly heavy snow here in Newcastle now. Drifting in strong winds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Easygoing, but winter is meant to be white, dammit!

Nope, inches. If I had to err on the side of caution, i'd say nearer 5 inches. It is absolute chaos up here!

Posted

Snow storm in Southampton lasted for 35 minutes . We have 2cm lying on ground . The temperature gradient between the two fronts was massive . It dropped 5 degrees in 5 minutes . Unbelievable conditions with beautiful lightning and roads covered in minutes . I have a friend who lives slightly west of me in a place called Dibden . He is reporting to me on the phone Loss of Power ! Temp now 1.3 celsius .

:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Quite suprised that we got 3 inches here. We have had drifting snow, blizzards and a snow t-storm! :D What a class day and also 3 smaller snow showers before the main event!

Posted

Getting heavier. Is this the third band? Very long shower which hasn't showed up on the radar in terms of intensity and duration.

Posted

Snow's just stopped suddenly!!! :D:(:(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.
quote]Reports from Tyneside I can confirm: Newcastle and inland areas are still seeing some good snow, but apparently on the coast, according to my parents, they're now getting driving sleety rain and the snow there is melting!?  

There is no noticeable snow melt here in Gateshead, I would guess the temperature is below freezing, there has been a very light snow shower here for the last 15 minutes which is gradually getting heavier.  

Had two bands of snow, the first last night at 7-9pm and another shorter although heavier period of snow late this morning. Real Blizzard conditions for a time. Going into Newcastle was like driving into a wall of snow.

Gateshead is not on the coast. By "coast", I mean about half a mile from it! It is quite common for Gateshead to have up to three inches of snow, while where my parents live only gets sleet. Sorry if I was ambiguous there, but to me, Gateshead is inland!

Posted

has stopped snowing, looks like more is on the way just over 6 1/2 inches of lying snow temp is now -2.4 :D

Posted

Help Help Help Help.......... :?

Here at Whitstable, Kent I have wind in excess of 30mph recorded, my house is on the Beach and the main fencing as just been blown down two panels gone - projectile snow, its travelling so fast its shooting up the beach bank over my house at such sped my front upstairs bedroom windows are totally white and you cant see out them and the whole house has snow beads on it where is just being blown stuck... and they say this stuff will turn to ice.. my god I will have an igloo... :D

Seriously this is fun, but my wife is rather upset... lost my weather table and tower about ten minutes ago... equipment is fine but table has broken. :shock: Nevermind this is what its about....

I love it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Just started snowing again here. Windowsill temp of 0.5. :cry:

Posted

snowed for 1 h and it gave us around 4 cm more outside temp is -0,9 and on the ground there is 13 cm

Posted

Well having my third panel down means I have to get out there now... Your right I have a major storm here now... thick flakes and really strong wind just recorded a gust in excess of 40mph.... You got it to come but atleast its from teh land for you down in Hythe.

Here I go.... just in case... Love you all! :D I'm off to the beach front to fight this thing front on... you have to laugh about it or you would cry I look like a nerd with all this gear on!

Aloha!

Posted

Hoping to maybe get clipped from the cluster just off the east coast here in Darlington. I live in hope... :D

Posted

Well that was pretty amazing, have just got home in 3 hours, left london at 5pm, Thunder & Lightning at least 4 times, blizzard conditions most of the way, pretty special radar echoes in the London area, amazingly not as much snow back home in essex as in central London.

Paul Sherman

Posted

Well after heavy winds and amazing blizzards, I felt as if I was in a glass cage watching it flying inland, so poor sod (most likely Canterbury) got that lot major... anyway its stopped now an dthe wind is starting to weaken. I think we shall get some more soon but I can see some 10 miles out to see at present although looks like heavy clouds approaching again!

:D

Posted

Hi all,

Had very little snow last night in Scarborough,but today had 3 inch and it keeps snowing comming in blizard type bursts.wind is getting very strong and snow is now drifting.Temp -1.5 (in town). the 4x4 loves it. :D JAYVID