Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/Wintry Precipitation Reports: 28th January 2004 (1)

Tim B

Posted

o my lord just looked out the window and its chucking it down (snow of course :D ) katie you were right!!!!!!! I thought i was gonna look out and see nothing, but to my surprise, very heavy

Reminds me of last year when i had to walk up my hill pulling a sledge with my sisters boyfriends birthday present. A wooden table football table, hardest 10 minutes of my life!

Evan

Posted

Light snow here too, often heavier bursts in 5-10 minute spells. Some breaks in the sky. Weather vane pointing NE, hoping we might not be out of the woods yet.

Posted

Getting a lot lighter, with an illuminated orange sky - so a heavier spell on the cards. Hopefully this will be the one to finally cover the grass completely, 3cm at one stage, surprisingly lost about 1cm over the past 1/2-1hr.

Posted
Started snowing here in Colchester Essex at 01.11am.fairly fine snow at the moment but the clouds look very thick. :D

llots to come for u i think, we in hertford are having the best snow, bigbig flakes

Evan

Posted

Here (University College Northampton), it is snowing fairly heavily. It's a bit erratic. Snower about an hour ago and stopped. Now it's started up again. I think perhaps it will hold for a bit longer now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder and lightning

Watch this space. Im going out with my tape measure to measure the snow on the path.

Posted

Cherry, it's erratic here too about 15 miles further east. A reasonable covering but keeps coming in fits and starts. Got a heavy spell now, but they only seem to last 10 minutes - then you think that's your lot - then it starts up again. At no point however has it stopped snowing since 10.45pm.

Posted

I have got 2cm of snow on the path and its still snowing moderately. The temperature is 1C / 34F and Ive got a sore bum from falling over in the snow. OUCH!

Evanmorgan I hope your hill has a grit box, you will need it.

Posted

Mackerel, at the moment here we have the odd token snowflake now. It's almost entirely stopped :shock: Should think some more will be here soon going on the pattern so far

:roll:

Posted

We have a few centimetres here from before, It has all frozen, It sounded like I was walking accross glass when I went out on it just now.

Very slippery indeed, Not good for driving or walking on for that matter, If we get more snow on the top of it (Which I'm pretty sure we will), Then it could be very tricky indeed.

Posted

Haven't had any radar updates since 11.45pm, so I'm not sure whether we're seeing more showery stuff pushing in from the NW, or catching the eastern edge of the heavier stuff coming down from Lincolnshire at times. Got a NE'ly wind here, switching from a NW at 6pm so can't really confirm at the minute. All this precipitation will be out of the way by 6am, then a respite before something potentially colder and more severe comes in?

Heavier burst of snow again, then lighter stuff. Wind is certainly picking up though.

Posted

Its still snowing moderately. Please can somebody explain to me why the sky looks deep red?????????????