Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

April C.E.T

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

8.8ºC please

Posted

7.9*C

Early punt this month as I am going camping today until April. Quite a good chance for snow later this week for me! :)

Edited by snowsure

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

8.0C for me please.

Edited by Polar Gael

Posted

I'll be shocked if we get into double digits again as it only takes one colder shot to scupper that up and its only happened twice before recently so odds against it. I'll go 8.5C, long way down on last year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, warm and sunny in summer

All the 8's for me please:

8.8c

Posted

Ok, here's my estimate;

9.1C

Somewhat colder than last year

:D

Edited by Don

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

I think April will be a bit below normal, my guess is 7.7c

Posted

I have decided to hide myself in the pack and go for a pretty close to average 8.1 as I think a few cooler spells will be cancelled out by some warmer ones.

So the updated list is as follows:

34 6.2C: SLEETY

11 6.4C: Optimus Prime

14 7.1C: mark forster 630

13 7.4C: The PIT

9 7.5C: snowmaiden

36 7.7C: sundog

29 7.8C: richarddx7

30 7.9C: snowsure

31 8.0C: Polar Gael

37 8.1C: ukmoose

16 8.2C: StormMad26

17 8.3C: SteveB

10 8.4C: Timmead

12 8.4C: NorthernRab

32 8.5C: kold weather

7 8.6C: NorthantsSnow

1 8.7C: mark bayley

27 8.8C: chionomaniac

33 8.8C: Anti-Mild

25 8.9C: Snooz

3 9.0C: calum

2 9.1C: summer blizzard

35 9.1C: Don

6 9.3C: James M

26 9.4C: La Nina

4 10.0C: Stephen Prudence

28 10.1C: Mike W

Moose

Posted

Last year I had my fingers badly burned in April guessing 7.8C when it turned out to be 11.2C. Perversely though I am going for a slightly lower figure this year on the basis we may have a cold first half of the month. It is up in the air to an extent so just for once I may revise this near the cut-off date.

Therefore 7.6C for me.

Posted
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
Then why don't you leave your prediction until that date then? I don't want to be critical but constant swapping and changing and furthermore the 28th is only 4 days away, it doesn't do your creditibility much good. :D

Um, it's March, so I think you mean the 31st...

Anyway, Mr D, there is a good reason for SB getting something in now. The scoring system favours the earliest/earlier entry among equals, so it's better to make an approximate guess as early as possible - you can always change it later if you have to. I think I remember someone warning that this aspect of the new points regime might lead to more chopping and changing. For most people I don't actually think that it has: I, for example, do make my entries earlier than I used to.....but I don't change them, as I've long since realized that later entries are just as unlikely to be accurate as early ones !!

I think April's CET will be +8.5oC

Posted

Definately subject to revision but 7.7C for now

GFS is fascinating at present - almost all runs except the control and operational have gone for a mild start to the month. Wheres the operational and the control keep things well below average on the 00z run.

Posted

I feel this April will be dominated by northern blocking high pressure,North-North/Easterly winds will keep a feed of cold/very cold air over most of the uk,but more so in the East. This April could be one of the most snowiest we have seen in many years.

I will go with a very cold 6.0 cet.

NB; We had 6" of snow laying on Monday morning & another 3" yesterday morning.

post-6660-1206518432_thumb.jpg

post-6660-1206518470_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

7.9C for me with hopefully some bright but coolish weather.

Posted
Nope, SB, said when all the data is in he may make a change on the 28th, so I was saying why don't leave it until the 28th before committing yourself. :)

Sorry, Mr D, my mistake: that's what comes of only reading a partial quote instead of going back to the full original post.

Posted

Looks like northern blocking is a real possibility for a time during the first half of the month. On the other hand, you only have to look at last April to see how warm it gets when the sun shines! (the height of the sun is the same as late August for much of the month)

I'll go for 7.9C

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
Looks like northern blocking is a real possibility for a time during the first half of the month. On the other hand, you only have to look at last April to see how warm it gets when the sun shines! (the height of the sun is the same as late August for much of the month)

I'll go for 7.9C

Indded, by mid-April, you can get a tan quite easily.

Posted
Indded, by mid-April, you can get a tan quite easily.

I've had sunburn in October in Scotland :D As Billy Connolly once remarked, the Scots have a very pale, almost blueish tinge to the skin, with the result that it takes a week of tanning for us to go white!