Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Introducing The Netweather 2008 Storm Chase Teams

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
Not sure what max weight is for hand luggage on BA flights or whether you can take more than one item - but a look on the AA website it is one item, I'm taking a rucksack for my laptop which will also have my camera equipment in it too - plus other valuable items, don't trust those buggage handlers with my most valuable equipment from getting crushed or stolen/lost. Luggage going into Baggage hold is restricted to 23kg on AA flights.

Ta Nick. I think I'll do the same and keep all my valuables close by in my rucksack. Everything else can go in Baggage. The list of things I have is probably to big, I need to 'somehow' minimize what I'm taking. Look forward to chasing with you Nick-

See you guys out there :)

Gav :)

Posted

Good luck all looking forward to your reports and pictures

i am thinking about signing up for the 2009 but have no knowledge or equipment so worried i might be baggage

Edited by Andy H

Posted
Good luck all looking forward to your reports and pictures

i am thinking about signing up for the 2009 but have no knowledge or equipment so worried i might be baggage

No knowledge or equipment is required - all you need is to want to go and the enthusiasm to catch some amazing storms!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9
I haven't started packing yet - not had the time - just a case of throwing it all in anyway as I will be living out of that suitcase for 12 days lol.

Busy charging up batteries at the mo lol.

now that I have finished work for 2 weeks I am so looking forward to the chase :)

Hope you have a sucessful chase trip. Heck you don't need too much packing. Get your batteries charged. I wont be out there until 14th so leave a few for me.

Tom Lynch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Well.. no turning back now as I'm on the train to London. I'll be interestd to see how today pans out with respect to anything chaseable close to DFW. HHopefully, I'll get a nice lightning show towards the nighttime hours to practice on :) Not sure I'll be up for an all out chase after 17 hours travelling.

Posted

Have a safe trip everyone and I hope you all get to see what you want!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

Good luck guys, stay safe ( but not too safe eh :) ) the outlook seems great for you and I wish you well. Keep us updated as we are all dead jealous and we want to see your progress and photos!