Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

feline Poop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Thanks for that SS, nice to know I'm not the only one; poor cat, poor you, bet that wasn't a cheap vets bill either. It's just as well hubby doesn't keep any cartridges at home or I'd be out there blasting away. I know Badgers are beautiful creatures, they have as much right to life as anything else etc but they really are becoming a complete menace around here. It's difficult to find a field or woods without a sett or three which is why I guess, they're moving into gardens. All these mild winters seem to have led to a population explosion, that and no more Fox hunting, anyone wanting to keep chickens or ducks will have to build Fort Knox to stand a chance of keeping them out. Grrr, sodding townies making rules for the countryside when they haven't a clue what the knock-on effects will be. Rant over (for now)....

Posted

Land mines are quite cheap and effective. :)

Air horns are cheaper still and preserve your vegetables too. My neighbourhood is replete with cats wearing hearing aids. :)

Posted

Why do I keep seeing this thread out of the corner of my eye and thinking it says feeling poop? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds
Thanks for that SS, nice to know I'm not the only one; poor cat, poor you, bet that wasn't a cheap vets bill either. It's just as well hubby doesn't keep any cartridges at home or I'd be out there blasting away. I know Badgers are beautiful creatures, they have as much right to life as anything else etc but they really are becoming a complete menace around here. It's difficult to find a field or woods without a sett or three which is why I guess, they're moving into gardens. All these mild winters seem to have led to a population explosion, that and no more Fox hunting, anyone wanting to keep chickens or ducks will have to build Fort Knox to stand a chance of keeping them out. Grrr, sodding townies making rules for the countryside when they haven't a clue what the knock-on effects will be. Rant over (for now)....

Yeah, it was pretty expensive, near £300 by the time it was all over (several consultations, antibiotics (she fell ill with a body temp of 105F!!), and the actual op). Fully agree regarding the population boom and how this is causing significant problems, and I especially agree with the final sentence.

Why do I keep seeing this thread out of the corner of my eye and thinking it says feeling poop? :)

Because you're Coast and I'd be surprised if you didn't :)

Posted
Right then you lot! I have just wandered round the garden whilst feeding the birds and saw feline poop in my box that come crocuses growing in it. How do I stop feline pooping in my flower boxes? This then lead me to think about the weekend when I shall be digging up my big dirt patch and planting out my vegetable seeds! How do I stop feline's pooping in that also?

Lion poo is definitely the answer! And it makes fantastic fertilizer for the garden. I see you live near Marwell Zoo — you can get lion poo from them (you don't have to go into the enclosure to get it either!)

Posted
Grrr, sodding townies making rules for the countryside when they haven't a clue what the knock-on effects will be. Rant over (for now)....

And there was me thinking this was a thread about keeping cats off your flower beds. Seems I stumbled on a Countryside Alliance rally in error.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

No countryside alliance, just a cross and upset person looking for solutions for badger poo; it's difficult to remain impassive when the poo-ing badger then decides to tuck into your pets.

Couldn't listen to the remaining duck squawking for her mate any longer, poor thing was going doo-lally so I've been to the local breeder. Introducing.....

post-6280-1204555575_thumb.jpg

post-6280-1204555607_thumb.jpg

Posted
Couldn't listen to the remaining duck squawking for her mate any longer, poor thing was going doo-lally so I've been to the local breeder. Introducing.....

Owww I like Indian Runners!

Thankfully our two are reasonably safe at home although I have seen incredible carnage when Miss Shoreline lived at home on a small holding. The fox(es) took out every single guinea fowl, goose, duck, chicken, bantam and quail (about 40 birds?) over successive years to just leave the two we have now.