Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

We all want a cleaner world......

noggin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Carbon trading is a bad idea, and it was never going to cut the emissions. With Carbon trading and Carbon credits it's because the less economically developed countries do all the work in cutting emissions then sell the credits to the more economically developed countries such as USA - therefore USA doesnt do anything but its doesnt matter as they have the credits! :p

Admittedly the first phase of the Kyoto agreement was bound to have mistakes and errors and thats why the next management phase of this is due to come into effect in 2012/2013, and I think it will be much better as it focuses on adaptation rather than.... well trading!

I cannot believe no one in the UN spotted the flaws in it from the start!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Sad to say, I did think it was a scam but I also held out hope that my instincts were tinged with "cynical old bat" and perhaps it wasn't such a huge scam as it appeared.

I think what really bugs me is I'm just an average bod in the street, we all are, and yet we can see the flaws, the opportunities for scams; yet these so called (highly paid) experts can't?? Beggars belief. The guy behind all these carbon trading ideas at the UN (can't for the life of me remember his name) is now residing somewhere in China with one of the largest Carbon Trading companies in the world. Ditto Al Gore - apart from the hiding in China bit, but if anyone fancies doing a whip round for a one way ticket, I'll chip in.

I've lost count of the number of sceptic scientists whose work has been discredited on the grounds of being funded by the oil moguls, yet the whole world is supposed to sit up, and not only listen to, but abide by laws passed on this carbon nonsense.

Angry of Tunbridge Wells.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
Sad to say, I did think it was a scam but I also held out hope that my instincts were tinged with "cynical old bat" and perhaps it wasn't such a huge scam as it appeared.

I think what really bugs me is I'm just an average bod in the street, we all are, and yet we can see the flaws, the opportunities for scams; yet these so called (highly paid) experts can't?? Beggars belief. The guy behind all these carbon trading ideas at the UN (can't for the life of me remember his name) is now residing somewhere in China with one of the largest Carbon Trading companies in the world. Ditto Al Gore - apart from the hiding in China bit, but if anyone fancies doing a whip round for a one way ticket, I'll chip in.

I've lost count of the number of sceptic scientists whose work has been discredited on the grounds of being funded by the oil moguls, yet the whole world is supposed to sit up, and not only listen to, but abide by laws passed on this carbon nonsense.

Angry of Tunbridge Wells.

I do concur with the point you make about the professionals, I too cannot understand this, my only theory would be that as it was the first time they had implemented a scheme like this they were rather ignorant of problems with it.

A question that may help answer that would be along the lines of did they think it was a serious matter back in 1992? If not then that may explain the rather lax approach to cutting emissions. If that is the case I can understand that they thought the LEDCs such as India were expelling the highest amount of carbon emmissions, and therefore this would at least cut some of the emissions from the more highly populated countries. Now the mistake there of course is not keeping their eye on the likes of the USA who have the highest emissions in the country! I can understand their troubles from that view.

Also through the 1980's many management plans were poor with little connectivity and communication, and little thought of knock on effects that may occur, the carbon trading initiative reminds me a little of this.

Therefore I have reason to believe when the new initiative comes out, the framework will be much much better.

We could all shout corruption, but before we do lets see how the next wave of initiatives turns out.

Lets not forget its most definitely UN v's USA on this one so corruption is much less likely.

• 2 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Paint ourselves green

• 1 year later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Then you'll get the wet house effect as hydrogen gets converted too water. That will then cool the planet creating the next ice age. Gotta get these scare stories in first LOL.