Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

WS3600 - LaCrosse weather station

Hi

I have just recently bought a WS3600 - LaCrosse weather station and i have connected it up and it works but every now and then it bleeps and resets itself but it doesnt lose anything like the history an

d it connects back up but sometimes it does'nt connect back up and freezes.

http://www.weather-station-products.co.uk/...00--WS3600.html

a link above of the weather station

Any help would be appreciated :)

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

Hi

I have the WS3600 and was just wondering what is the standard postion a thermo/hydro sensor should be from the ground ?

Edited by Delta76

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Morning Delt76

Im also using a WS3600 series, and my sensor is placed around 3ft off the ground in a home made box painted white, the rain gauge is placed level on top of the box . So far {touch wood} my readings are ok,

I was going to place the Thermo/ Hydro on the wall {North Side of the house} but unfortunately this cannot be done, as i would be getting lower temp recordings, due to the sun being on the back garden nearly all day.Ive done a experiment on this with a normal max/ min temp thermometer and the temp is reading between 3- 5c lower than which my Hydro is reading , so i think im going to leave it where it is {for now}

Nigel

Posted

Thanks for that SC i have mine at the top of a washing line pole so a good 6ft think that might me a tad too high .

Posted
This PDF is worth a read, it's the setup info provided by CWOP (Citizen Weather Observer Program) and gives some good info and the standards that they use: http://home.comcast.net/~dshelms/CWOP_Guide.pdf

Thank you for the info some interesting stuff on there HebWX.

Posted

Hello Delta76

I have a ws 2300 La-crosse ,i have a Stevenson screen 2 meters from the ground for temp/hum/dew point.

http://www.geocities.com/meteoperisteri/Klovos.html

rain gauge i have on my roof at my house ,and i have to put a plastic for better resolution.

http://www.geocities.com/meteo19671967/page2

and anemometer 8 meter over to roof

http://i34.servimg.com/u/f34/11/22/64/62/anemom11.jpg

Hi

I have the WS3600 and was just wondering what is the standard postion a thermo/hydro sensor should be from the ground ?

Posted

Better to put your rain gauge in free area ,you can open it and with 2 screws to put it over the wood or metall ,after you can not problem about blow away

I dont know where to put my rain gauge.

Cant put it on an exsposed area here or it will blow away.

Edited by weather1967

Look here you can open the raingauge and you will see some holes there you can put 2 screws.

http://i33.servimg.com/u/f33/11/22/64/62/rain1510.jpg

Thanks but i have already done that part sorry.

Its just that the wind gets over 100mph here in the winter and i dont want to take any chances of it getting broken.

At the moment it is at a sheltered area on the shed but the wind brings the rain west and its facing east.

Once i make a box i could stick the rain gauge on it and make the screws and the holes bigger.

Thanks for your help :);):doh:

Posted

Ah !!ok now i understand,sorry but my English is not very good,yes this is a good idea where you say to me ,because the air is very strong at your area .

Thanks but i have already done that part sorry.

Its just that the wind gets over 100mph here in the winter and i dont want to take any chances of it getting broken.

At the moment it is at a sheltered area on the shed but the wind brings the rain west and its facing east.

Once i make a box i could stick the rain gauge on it and make the screws and the holes bigger.

Thanks for your help :);):doh:

Ah !!ok now i understand,sorry but my English is not very good,yes this is a good idea where you say to me ,because the air is very strong at your area .

Your english is very good. Yes but luckily where i am is sheltered more than other parts on the island.

Nice speaking to you :doh:

Posted

Thank you weathermaster and i also ,you have very wild weather there i suppose :doh: ,here to Athens Greece we do not have very very strong winds ,but 2-3 times to year we have 70-80 km gust wind .The very very strong wind it is very bad and it do very damage.

Good night .

Your english is very good. Yes but luckily where i am is sheltered more than other parts on the island.

Nice speaking to you ;)

Thank you weathermaster and i also ,you have very wild weather there i suppose :doh: ,here to Athens Greece we do not have very very strong winds ,but 2-3 times to year we have 70-80 km gust wind .The very very strong wind it is very bad and it do very damage.

Good night .

Thanks for the help.

Its nice here in the summer time though with the beaches as you can see in my pic on the right.

It will be very nice where you are.

Edited by weathermaster

I have my raingauge on a post in the garden and it's been there for about 3 years now without any problems.

When I first put it up I secured it with screw through the base but I found that this caused the arms, that the bucket spindle goes through, to to be pulled together which stopped the buckets from tipping freely.

I now have two 90 degree brackets the secure to the sides of the gauge, you can see one in the photo below. ;)

I also made a radiation screen from plant pot drip trays for the sensor pack to sit in as I was getting so very high readings in the summer, upto 25 C!! :doh:

I'm now reading within 1 C of Stornoway Airport Metar so it seems to have worked.

Hi Dimitris, I've not seen you around much, hope you are keeping well and that the temperature in Greece this summer is lower than in 2007!!

Budgie - WD forum. ;)

Edited by HebWX

Posted
I have my raingauge on a post in the garden and it's been there for about 3 years now without any problems.

When I first put it up I secured it with screw through the base but I found that this caused the arms, that the bucket spindle goes through, to to be pulled together which stopped the buckets from tipping freely.

I now have two 90 degree brackets the secure to the sides of the gauge, you can see one in the photo below. ;)

I also made a radiation screen from plant pot drip trays for the sensor pack to sit in as I was getting so very high readings in the summer, upto 25 C!! :doh:

I'm now reading within 1 C of Stornoway Airport Metar so it seems to have worked.

Hi Dimitris, I've not seen you around much, hope you are keeping well and that the temperature in Greece this summer is lower than in 2007!!

Budgie - WD forum. ;)

Hello Budgie ,yes i am new member here ,thanks a lot the summer 2007 it was a very dificult summer here ,very hot !!!!! many fires in the forest ,terible .Clever way to put a corner for the strong wind to raingauge ;)

Weather master you are very corect,every country it have and another beauty ,i look your web site is very nice,and i saw and your picture about your area is very nice .

Edited by weather1967

Posted
Good idea :)

Thanks weather1967

Hi,can any body help please.I have a ws3610 i got from the states and the raingauge has never worked(the sensor in the buket was broke)is there any other raingauge that will work with this weather staion,or can one be made ?.The ws3610 is the same as ws3600.

Hi Busman, It's more than likely that it's the reed switch on the circuit board in the raingauge that's gone.

If you're handy with a soldering iron then you can replace these. You can get the reed switch from Maplin's.

Failing that, you can get a new raingauge from the UK Weather Shop but that's £25.

If you want to go for a different type of raingauge then the only real option is to for a 1-Wire type from Audon in the UK or Hobby Boards in the U.S.

Posted
Hi Busman, It's more than likely that it's the reed switch on the circuit board in the raingauge that's gone.

If you're handy with a soldering iron then you can replace these. You can get the reed switch from Maplin's.

Failing that, you can get a new raingauge from the UK Weather Shop but that's £25.

If you want to go for a different type of raingauge then the only real option is to for a 1-Wire type from Audon in the UK or Hobby Boards in the U.S.

Cheers for that,it is the reed switch as it is broke,will look in to the options ,Thanks