Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Monday 7th January 2008

johnholmes

Posted

oh dear, that site is usually very reliable, never mind

Posted

MetO have 2 sites with gusts over 50mph for EA John so it might be right. I only got a 34mph gust so mean speeds must have been lower. Well spotted though. :D

Posted

sorry,may have got it wrong,, i only a beginner with all this,, i just got my readings from harwich

Posted
sorry,may have got it wrong,, i only a beginner with all this,, i just got my readings from harwich

Not to worry Donna it might be right. Everyone's learning all the time here.

Welcome to Netweather by the way.

Edited by Greyowl

Posted

I've had a good look round and they do seem too high, none of the UK Met stations(of which 2 were shown on that chart, indeed most are UK Met stations) show anything like that as a mean speed. So I think we must assume that they were, perhaps MAX speeds and in MPH. I hope its just a one off mistake as I use that chart for in depth analysis when events over the UK are interesting, like last evening.

Thanks for drawing my attention to them folks. We all make mistakes, just have to be able to admit it. Its part of the job as a forecaster, soon gets knocked into one!

and yes welcome to NW Donna, lots to see and enjoy on here, just have a good look round at various charts we have, free, and then maybe be tempted to look at what you have to pay for.

Edited by johnholmes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well I've had torrential rain, hail and a bit of sleet with thunder and high winds over the last two hours. A noticeable temperature drop from 7.5C to 5.9C.