Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

La Crosse 3600

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Anyone else had the problem with the La Crosse 3600 LCD display freezing up then crashing. I'm running it wireless, but the transmitter is well within range and the remote sensors are working fine.

The La Crosse website is less than helpful.

Anyone advice warmly welcomed.

Neil

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Afternoon Neil

Im using the 3600 as well , ive had mine for about a year and running mine from the mains, However at first i just used batteries, but i used to get loads of problems , ie display going ,so now like i say im on the mains , apart from the sensor which is running on batteries.{cable wasnt long enough } since i switched to the mains Touch wood ive had no problems, i reckon it could be your battery connection, try just running it with the mains for a few days and see what happens

nigel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.
Anyone else had the problem with the La Crosse 3600 LCD display freezing up then crashing. I'm running it wireless, but the transmitter is well within range and the remote sensors are working fine.

The La Crosse website is less than helpful.

Anyone advice warmly welcomed.

Neil

hi neill, :mellow: yes i am having the same proble, i got the same model as yourself, and it is well within range and working off the mains, it has crashed twice since xmas and wipes off recorded data, i dunno what the problem is, brand new batteries in operation, and like you say la crosse web site isnt very helpful.

Posted

I've recently discovered that an unstable computer PSU will cause these glitches. Since mine went pop and I replaced it, I've had no problems *touches wood*.. It is connected to the com port and not usb.. Don't think it would make any difference though.. Hope this helps.. :mellow:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Cheers folks - At present it's running off batteries, however I've just picked up a mains adapter (those crazy French and their unusual plugs) so I'll try this first. Thanks again.

Edited by Just Before Dawn

• 1 month later...
Posted

I had similar problems with a WS3600 constantly locking up and crashing. I had bought it on e-bay from Hong Kong (I know what your probably thinking....) but it was exchanged for a new console and it's worked perfectly since then.

It is currently 2500ft up CairnGorm Mountain and so far survived 4 months. It's running entirely of battery supply, both the console and the sensors. Only problem has been a couple of times the wind has shaken the thermo sensor so much that it's loosened the batteries and lost the connection.

Haven't yet had any astounding windspeeds, firstly it's in a fairly sheltered location (relative terms here) for that mountain, plus with the battery power and wireless link it's only sampling to the computer ever couple of minutes. I had been minded to switch it to a cup anemometer and hard wire it to get a much better wind recording frequency, but the principle reason for installing it was to collect temp, humidity and wet bulb temperature data, so it's been a case of if its not broke don't fix it.

Last hours data: http://www.winterhighland.info/weather/aws.php

Highest wind recorded so far was 92mph. It's on a PVC ducting pole that is lashed to a wooden beam with lots of cable ties, it's not hard bolted so there is some flexibility and give in the whole thing - to reduce the chance of the pole snapping or the anemometer for that matter.

Posted

Mine crashes 3 or 5 times a day and its now not working at all now just a few things but it wont plug into the computer anymore and it wont show the wind or wind chill so im sending it back to get replaced. It cant handle the winter out here.