Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Mid Febuary in Munich

Posted

I'm off to Munich in Febuary to Aberdeen's UEFA Cup match against Bayern but I'm interested to know what the weather might be like. I know it lies at an altitude of 520m which is very high for a large city and it's continental climate should ensure very cold temperatures.

Anyone ever been, especially in Winter???

• 3 weeks later...

I have been to Germany, but not to Munich, but i've googled up the winter stats for that city (worldclimate.com):

Dec -1,0 Jan -1,8 Feb -0,6 ('c)

I think Munich could be the coldest city in Germany when you compare to low level cities, but i don't think we will see such temps during this winter, the whole of Europe has big temp anomalies of around 5'c which maybe would not give Munich in this case those very wintry conditions =/

Posted
I have been to Germany, but not to Munich, but i've googled up the winter stats for that city (worldclimate.com):

Dec -1,0 Jan -1,8 Feb -0,6 ('c)

I think Munich could be the coldest city in Germany when you compare to low level cities, but i don't think we will see such temps during this winter, the whole of Europe has big temp anomalies of around 5'c which maybe would not give Munich in this case those very wintry conditions =/

Not sure about those stats. The DWD (German MO) and WMO give an average maximum of 4.2 and an average minimum of -3.2 giving a monthly mean of 0.5 for February [1971-2000 mean].

At about 520m or over 1700' asl I imagine you are right in saying that Munich has the coldest winters of any German city.

regards

ACB