Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm reports 19-23 November

Nick F

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Looking like there could be a few storms around this week - more particularly in the South and SW. Please post your reports here.

Already been some thunder this morning across Sussex, NW Kent, Surrey, South and East London and around the Dorset/Hants coasts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Some spectacular hail storms here today. No lightning as yet. Clouds are threatening and it is very cold out there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Heavy showers all day but a torrential one at 4pm brought hail and one deep rumble of thunder.

Posted

storm rumbling just to the south of us, seen lightning and heard thunder, hopefully heading this way :mellow:

looks to be heading up slight west of me now, anyone in Reigate online???

Edited by Louby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Its showing on sferics now Louby. The radars aren't picking out anything other than random strikes though.

I hope it intensifies for you :mellow:

post-4726-1195509802_thumb.png

Posted
Its showing on sferics now Louby. The radars aren't picking out anything other than random strikes though.

I hope it intensifies for you :mellow:

post-4726-1195509802_thumb.png

Have had a few loud rumbles here in Cranleigh (south of Guildford) for past 30mins, one right above us, now moving off, but still plenty of lightning around

Posted

Recent Storm Reports from

Wimbledon, Kensington and Brentford, all South West and West London, also TS Sferics from Brighton at 2105 and Worthing at 2115 from a Potent cell tracking the South Coast and moving Eastwards

Paul S

Posted

Just had a very heavy shower with one very long, quite loud, rumble of thunder. Scared me half to death! :D Wasn't expecting it in November!

Posted

The sky frequently lit up with amazing lightning last night (Mon 19th) between around 9-11pm. No sound though and short heavy showers, must have been somewhere nearby. (Brighton)

Edited by xxsnowflakexx

Posted

Uxbridge Middlesex

Lightning seen & thunder heard from about 21-45 to the south, very infrequent 2-3 times in a 90 min period that I am aware of (may be more).

Posted

Caught the edge of a hailstorm this morning at about 8am, was most suprised, but it moved to the east though we did get a few bolts and bangs and a 5 minute downpour of heavy rain and hail, was very cold 3.8c, but rose to 5.8c afterwards.

Posted
The sky frequently lit up with amazing lightning last night (Mon 19th) between around 9-11pm. No sound though and short heavy showers, must have been somewhere nearby. (Brighton)

Hi xxsnowflakexx,

the storm never made it over the downs to us so I think you were on the most easterly edge, Littlehampton/Worthing seems to be the furthest it came up the channel

- does this make my post off topic then??? :D

Posted

just had a great little thunderstorm here in east devon :yahoo::D

the 1st flash of lightning was very suprising as i was just opening my window to let some fresh air in! it was VERY close and the thunder VERY loud about half a second gap in between! :shok:

then there was about 5 more lightning/thunder wich some of were still very close and seemed to be C-C

just after the lightening a very heavy downpour with some hail thrown in and quite gusty winds

rainfall rate reached 78.4 mm/h all this quite unusual for november!

i just had to retype this because i tried to post a radar image showing the storms as well but it seems that just because its from N-W extra it wouldn't let me so i had to redo the whole thing which was quite annoying :rolleyes:

Posted

re your last para

you have to put any chart into some other set up, Say paint and save as new name into your piccs as a jpg, something like that and it will go in with your post.

one of the more erudite members will explain far better than me!

Posted

Couple of flashes of lightning, and persistent heavy rain for the last hour or so in Kingston... Which I really wasn't expecting.

In a top-floor room and feeling a little exposed... :whistling:

Edited by Often_Will

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Storm here - fork lightning and lots of thunder - LOVELY !!!!