• Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

One too keep an eye on

First quarter moon phase on the 17th at 1018

Nigel

Posted

Cookie and weathermaster

Keep a eye on this little beauty SUNDAY 9TH [NEW MOON] remember the last new moon , last month

Posted

Sunday update , for the NEW MOON

Western Ireland looks to take the brunt for strong winds

Look how deep this low sytem could get , according to the 850 chart its showing the centre as 964

Nigel

Posted

Morning everyone

Quick update regarding saturday and sunday

Possible wind reaching 60mph possibly stronger gusts for Western coast of Ireland/ SW Ireland

Using 00z charts

Nigel

post-4475-1197003667_thumb.png

This is the culp[rit, still the centre of this low is showing 964hpa

Posted

Sundays Fax chart

Nigel

Posted

Morning everyone

Well , well well, look what the 00z run as come up with this morning! cold spell just before the FIRST QUARTER , there was a cold spell just before the first quarter last month and the month before,

Nigel

Posted

Morning everyone

Well its happened again , very cold between the New Moon phase and the First quarter,New moon being on the 9th and the First quarter being on the 17th

New moon we saw some strong winds for the SW region, this week the North East has had a very cold week , infact my average mean temp since last saturday {8th December} has just been a mere 2.39c.

Yesterday was the coldest with the max temp reaching just 0.7c and the Min temp dropping to -0.7c .

My average mean temp has been falling by -0.31c a day over the last 6 days, and my overall MEAN TEMP so far this month is 4.84c

We have seen some very high pressure readings this week , with the current pressure reading being 1036.2hpa

Nigel

Edited by stormchaser1

Posted

eVENING cOOKIE

Yes ive been watching this for quite sometime now, i havent updated this moon phase yet, because some charts are in disagreeament at the moment , Im going to wait till tomorrow night before , i post some charts,

DONT FORGET FULL MOON ON THE 24TH {MONDAY}

Nigel

Posted

Morning All

Cookie and Weathermaster

Watch for strong winds this afternoon and into this evening, [FULL MOON TOMORROW THE 24TH DEC]

Wind speeds around 50mph approaching from the SW area

around 0600hrs tomorrow morning the moon should be somewhere in position over the NW area

Nigel

Posted

If anyone has anytime to spare take a look and read of this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Moon's_orbit

Nigel

Posted

Moon phases for next month January

Jan 8th= New moon

Jan 15th= First quarter

Jan 22nd Full moon

Jan 30th Last quarter

This is what i expected for december and posted this quite some time ago

Personally im looking at a cold period between 9th December and the 17th December , probably lasting until the 23rd december, then turning unfortunately mild, (full Moon on the 23rd usually sees mild and windy weather] There could be rain aound the 23rd/ 24th or 25th/ . In Decmeber over the last two years we have had temps between 6c to 11c around the Full Moon, so like i say ,, i would expect to see it stay mild until the early part of the new year , (until around the 8th New Moon 15th first quarter}Then very cold

nigel

Posted

Cookie and weathermaster battern down those hatches tomorrow night, expect wind speeds around 50 mph

Nigel

Posted

Interesting stuff Nigel. Sorry I've only read a few of your posts but can we see weather trends relating to the Moon situation???

I noticed you said we get cold weather between a New Moon and the First Quarter so hopefully a cold spell for the second week in January???

I've been curious about Ken Ring's forecasting technique for quite some time now and I always thought he associated cold weather with the Full Moon. Aberdeen's temperature plummeted to -6° this morning which is a lot colder than what was predicted - did the Full Moon exagerate the cold???

I'll read the whole thread later and will contribute regularly to this topic from now on.

Edited by Zerouali lives

Posted

Thanks for your comment Zerouali Lives

I wish i started researching this subject years ago now, but unfortunately ive only been gathering data over the last 6 months or so , there is still alot of researching to be done. I know alot of people out there are very sceptic about this subject, but thats there opinion, personally i do believe that the moon DOES have influence on the weather , if the moon can cause the movement of our Tides , by its gravitational pull WHY not the weather.

Over the last 3 months i have found that between the New Moon and First quarter there tends to be a colder spell, thats why i predicted for this month the cold period which happended around this moon phase. People out there will laugh at me for my comments , and say this has all been done before,{Fair enough} but this is for my own interest, and i shall be carrying on with researching and gathering data for quite some time now

If anyone wants me to stop posting in this thread then i will stop,

Nigel

Posted

Gosh Nigel, don't even think of quitting this kind of investigation, this is just starting to get off the ground. The moon is a factor, and I would say a pretty large one, just not that well understood yet. But it is working with other factors and I think of it like a major component in a car engine like the ignition, something else could at some point in time be more important (like your foot on the brake).

Have you ever heard this saying: "if you're taking flak, it means you're over the target." So, believe me, you will have to have a very thick skin if you want to pursue this line of research (I think you do, BTW).

And Cookie, this next windstorm event will be more widespread, and not aimed so much at the Hebrides, I feel -- the strongest winds are likely to be across northern and western Ireland, the Irish Sea, Wales, and exposed parts of southern Scotland and northern England this time, both Thursday and Friday. However, that's not to say you won't also be getting some strong winds up there, maybe top gusts around 65 mph for you, but the 80 mph peak winds would be places like Malin Head, Belmullet, etc.

This is where I think other factors come into play -- the lunar analogues might show some peak in storminess at this point in the lunar month but you have other sources of energy in a particular location now to augment that and crank up a bigger than average storm. This is partly why I think the full moon and northern max event was a relative weakling, the energy is better focussed on the 28th. And to show we are making some progress, I was discussing this in another thread (the December CET I think) with BFTP almost a month ago. So once again, don't get discouraged, this line of research is doing better than most think and also better than any other that I know about, in terms of being able to predict things beyond the fade-out period of the conventional models (which is about 7 days).

Edited by Roger J Smith