Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moon Phases

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Evening everyone

I was going to post a few updates , regarding the 25th and 26th< however after seeing what the daily express has mentioned , i think i will save them for another date , I dont know whether or not to carry on updating , because personally i think the daily express has blown this way out of proportion ,

I have been talking about the 26th for some time now , about how windy and with rain what to expect, {posting images as well] but i think im going to lie low for a while because i DONT want to be made a laughing stock

see you all soon !!

Nigel

Posted

nigel, dont be daft, you wont be. I allways take you'r post very seriously. you post some very infomative and intresting posts and hate you to stop posting cause some stupid newspaper.

Posted

Morning everyone

Well ive decided to carry on posting regardless what the Daily Express has written,

anyway Tomorrow the 19th October we see the First quarter for the moon phase , Now last

Month September, this is what i recorded on the 18th september the day before the first quarter

=============================

18TH SEPTEMBER 2007

coldest day so fare min temp 2.4c at 0750hrs max temp 12.6c average 7.5c, very cold day today especially with that wind

=============================

!8th October 2007

antother cold morning just before the first quarter, current temp at 0451hrs 3.4c with high pressure. 1029hpa, wind chill 3.4c with the dew point on 1.4c

=======================================================

as you can see leading up to the first quarter we can have a cooler period , more data too follow

Nigel

P. s Cookie

thanks for those comments

Posted

updated images for the 26th/ 27th

Personally wind speeds look to be around 30 to 40mph looking at these images

nigel

Posted

Morning everyone

Yesterday was the coldest day of the month so far, with the average temp being just 7.7c

Today looks like being colder, with the temp at 0540 already being as low as 0.6c dew point currently -1.1c so im expecting to see some frost in some remote places this morning, pressure is quite high currently reading 1034.4hpa

FIRST QUARTER SHOULD BE TODAY AT 0833HRS

It was also a cooler period this time last month ,[but not as cold] again just before the first quarter

nigel

Posted

Monday 15th October

Pressure fell to 1014.0hpa at midnight and since midnight it has fallen further, now reading 1010.5hpa at 0450hpa. Current temp is 9.8s with a slight breeze from the South

During the afternoon wind started to pick up I was recording 16km/h in Consett at 1500hrs, started to rain 1800hrs and between 1800 and 2000hrs we have had 4.5mm rain. Max temp today 15.0c with the min temp being 6.9c

Pressure at 2000hrs 1004.4hpa did drop to 1003.8hpa at 1930hrs

Tuesday 16th October

Temp this morning started at 10c at 0600hrs, Pressure started at 1004.7hp with a slight breeze from the South, last nights rain made the total so far for this month 18.6mm

Pressure at midnight 1005.3hpa, wind has been mainly southerly or south westerly through the night

Today we have had a mixture of cloud and blue sky, to the south some heavier clouds were showing. Max temp today jus 12.9c with the min temp being 9.4c

Wednesday 17th October

Today has been a chilly day with lots of stratuscumulus clouds floating around, especially to the NW/ W/ WNW area

Thursday 18th October

Cold morning this morning, very pleasant day, quite warm in the sun, max temp today 15.4c with the min temp being just 2.3c, started to turn cooler around 1500hrs

FRIDAY 19TH OCTOBER FIRST QUARTER rising to the south west

Very cold this morning with the temp at 0451hrs being just 1.0c with the dew point being -0.7c slight breeze from the west with the pressure on 1034.1hpa. 0600 dew point down to -1.3c with the temp down to 0.4c, few clouds approaching from the west

Temp this morning at 0532hrs dropped to 0.5c with the dew point dropping to -1.0c

Pressure is still quite high 1034.4hpa, another cold day with the max temp being just 12.6c and the min temp 0.3c average temp for today just 6.45c

SATURDAY 20TH OCTOBER

Slightly Warmer than yesterday morning with the current temp at 0531 reading 8.5c, pressure is still quite high and is still reading 1034.2hpa [slight fall since last night] dew point is 6.4c also slightly higher

Next stage for the moon phase will be the 26th October when the moon will be full also the moon will be in Perigee, exactly 7 hours after the full moon. Full moon 0452hrs perigee 1152hrs.

Temp at 0849hrs 6.9c with the pressure now on 1035.1hpa slight breeze if any from the south with the dew point on 5.2c humidity currently on 89%

Well what a glorious day here in the North East Max temp 16.1c Min temp 6.6c. Clear blue sky for the majority of the day with the odd rogue cloud drifting across. Quite warm in the sun with a slight breeze for most of the day

Pressure at midnight was 1035.2hpa since then it has been falling gradually throughout the day , mainly this afternoon, Pressure reading now at 1741hrs is 1032.7hpa, current temp 12.8c humidity 69% with the dew point on 7.2c,, Could be a clear night tonight ,There has been a westerly breeze throughout the night

SUNDAY 21ST OCTOBER

Another cold morning with the temp dropping down to 1.7c at 0556hrs, temp at midnight was 6.2c. Pressure at midnight was 1032.5hpa now reading 1030.2hpa at 0556hrs. Dew point 3.9c at midnight -0.1c at 0556hrs, very light westerly breeze

================================================================================

My thoughts

This happened last month with a cooler period around the First quarter, and its happened again this month/ rain fell just before the first quarter , and it has been dry since, with high pressure

nigel

Posted

Update for the 26th

Cookie and Weathermaster ,

Looks as though its going to be pretty windy next friday, especially in the early hours

Posted

Cookie and weathermaster

I forgot to post these images

Nigel

Posted

update for the 25th and 26th

[attac

hment=47443:26th_03z.png]

Nigel

MONDAY 22nd OCTOBER

Another cold day today, very grey and gloomy, light breeze but chilly all day, max temp [today 9.9c min temp today 5.5c average temp today 7.7c]

Pressure started at midnight on 1023.1hpa now at 2000 pressure 1020.6hpa, dew point max 9.4c dew point min -0.6c Tonight the moon had some distinctive haze around , suggesting a foggy morning,

TUESDAY 23rd OCTOBER

Cold morning again this morning with a slight breeze of 4.4mph approaching from the South West, pressure is currently reading 1024.4hpa at 0600hrs with the temp currently reading 5.4c, dew point currently on 4.2c, humidity has risen to 92% suggesting rain is on the way.

Quite foggy this morning, however once the fog had lifted around 10.30am this morning the rest of the day was quite pleasant, the sun felt quite warm , but there was still a chill in the air . Max temp today 13.3c with the min temp being just 5.0c, average temp for the day was 9.15c, slightly warmer than yesterday. Pressure at midnight started at 1023.2hpa and has been rising ever since, now at 1948hrs pressure is reading 1028.1hpa. Dew point has been quite low again max being 7.2c min 3.7c. There has been a slight breeze from the SE today, and then around 1650hrs the breeze switched to a SSW with a wind speed gust of 27.7mph being recorded at 1648hrs.

WEDNEDSDAY 24TH OCTOBER

Since midnight and up to 0430hrs we have had a southerly breeze, temp at midnight was just 4.4c with the pressure being on 1029.7hpa, dew point was 2.4c. Dew point dropped below freezing at 0130hrs and went to -0.1c, since then it has fallen to -2.6c. Temperature dropped to below freezing at 0318hrs [-0.2c] temperature now at 0434 is reading -0.7c

nigel

Posted

nigel you legend you should give you'rslef a big pat on the back mate. just been checking the charts, and it looks stormy tomorrow night and into the 26th, you where bang on the money mate.

thiers allready talk of the ferry not sailing on thursday night as how bad the forcast is looking!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm
Evening everyone

I was going to post a few updates , regarding the 25th and 26th< however after seeing what the daily express has mentioned , i think i will save them for another date , I dont know whether or not to carry on updating , because personally i think the daily express has blown this way out of proportion ,

I have been talking about the 26th for some time now , about how windy and with rain what to expect, {posting images as well] but i think im going to lie low for a while because i DONT want to be made a laughing stock

see you all soon !!

Nigel

Nigel

It is a predicament because of sensationlist headlines but you're doing a very good job on this thread. I too have been on about this period extending to 8th poss 10th Nov but I have not and can't go through the detail you have due to time and inclination. What is really a big plus is that only 4/5 days ago retro HP and GHP block were looking the result on the models and it certainly buckled my thoughts...but here we are knocking on the door of a pretty wet and wild period bang on time. Keep it up as I think some folk have been surpised by the exact timing and outcome.

BFTP

Posted

Update for tomorrow Friday 26th October

As you are all aware ive been keeping a sharp eye on this for quite some time now and here are the 12z wind charts for The EARLY HOURS tomorrow morning

These charts are also corresponding with the Phase of the FULL MOON which will take place at 0453hrs , notice the times on the charts,

Western Isles expect some strong winds tomorrow morning especially between 0000 and 0600hrs

[atta

chment=47506:update_wind_06z.png]

PS

Thanks for all your comments , much appreciated , thanks again

nigel

The first images regarding tomorrow Came out on the 10th October, where i posted them in this thread , Thats 15 days the GFS charts have been showing tthese winds

Well done To GFS.. SPOT on

nigel

Sorrry forgot to post this image as well

Also heavy rain for tomorrow

Posted

Next month i will be keeping a sharp eye on dates between Nov 9th [Nw moon} - Nov 17th [First quarter} and also Nov 24th {Full Moon} Perigee will fall on this day as well

Im going for a very cold period around the 17th {possibility for some kind of precipition around the 17th } My records show that we have had snow fall on the 19th in recent years

Again around the 24th November wet and windy

Nigel

{WATCH THIS SPACE}

nigel

Posted

THURSDAY 25H OCTOBER

Slightly warmer than the last couple of days, current temp at 0422hrs 7.6c, pressure down to 1028.0hpa, dew point 5.9c, pressure now reading 1027.9hpa at 0449 with the temp on 7.5c, Today low cloud still lingered over the North East, it was another very calm day, however around 1800hrs tonight, on the way home from Bowburn {County Durham} there was some very light drizzle, only lasting for a short while., Pressure started to fall away at 0215hrs this morning , now pressure reading is 1023.0hpa at 2017hrs. Max temp today 10.5c with the min temp being 7.0c

Breeze this morning from the SW switching to a SE at 1236, at 1940 breeze switched top a Southerly breeze. Max dew point 8.4c min dew point 5.4c

FRIDAY 26TH OCTOBER

FULL MOON AT 0453HRS

Very mild this morning with the temp currently reading 8.1c with a slight SSW breeze, Pressure at midnight 1022.2hpa , now at 0442 pressure is reading 1020.1hpa

nigel

Posted

9th Nov NEW MOON

First charts showing a cooler period around this time {which i expected}

Nigel

850 chart for the 7th november

Edited by stormchaser1

Posted

MOON PHASES FOR NOVEMBER 2007

---------------------------------------

NOV 1ST= LAST QUARTER

NOV 9TH= NEW MOON= {2304HRS} {APOGEE 1233}

NOV 17TH= FIRST QUARTER

NOV 24TH = FULL {AT 1431HRS} [PERIGEE 0103HRS]

Nigel

Posted

One too watch

Next friday/ saturday Western Isles/ North West Scotland

I will be keeeping an eye on this one , 11th Nov {two days after the New moon which is on the 9th New Moon {also apogee on this day]

Nigel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Thanks for carrying on with this Nigel! You ain't no Piers Morgan!!!

I'm again watching Ice shelf breakup/coastal ice breakup in Antarctica and things have certainly speeded up on the approach of this Full moon. I can't believe that an effect capable of Floating off/bending,breaking ice pack is negligable in our weather formation!

Keep it up!

Posted

Morning GW

Thanks for that, comment, i shall continue to keep an eye on the weather around the moon phases for the foreseeable future now , and i shall also be updating this thread on a regular basis,

Nigel

Posted

850mb charts for the 11th

Nigel

Posted

TODAYS WEATHER SO FAR { the day after}

Next stage of the moon should be WANING GIBBOUS {getting smaller] prob tomorrow night {at a guess}

SATURDAY 27TH OCTOBER

0830HRS

Altocumulus {Ac} is approaching from the North West, also a stream of Altocumulus radiatus approaching North West heading South East. Current temp at 0835hrs is 9.6c with the pressure now reading 1018.2hpa, slight breeze from the South with the humidity on 91%, current dew point 8.1c

1130hrs last 3 hours

Dry for the last 3 hours, still hardly any wind, however the breeze has switched to a SW. Temperature has risen by a few degrees, temp now reading 11.2c at 1130hrs, Humidity has also risen slightly to 92%, dew point now reading 10.0c, Pressure has decreased to 1017.3hpa, that’s a fall of -0.9mb within the last 3 hours,

1430hrs last 3 hours

Pressure falling slowly, now at 1155 pressure reading 1016.6mb that’s a fall of 0.7mb in the last 25 minutes {Rain is now looking imminent}Pressure now reading 1015.8hpa @ 1300hrs, that’s another fall. Pressure at 1430 fell again, now on 1014.7hpa, current temp 14.8c, with the dew point currently reading 10.6c, Breeze now approaching from the West. Pressure, Wind has picked up since 1315hrs where there was a gust of 21.4mph, at 1355hrs 34mph, trend = -3. 5mb fall in the last 6 hours

1730hrs last 3 hours

1444hrs a gust of 23.7mph pressure reading at 1430hrs was 1014.7hpa, Pressure has fallen again now reading at 1521 1013.9hpa, temperature is currently 14.8c with the dew point currently reading 11.0c. Pressure reading at 1643 is now

reading 1013.3hpa with the temp currently reading 15.4c, dew point currently 12.3c with a breeze from the South West. 1726hrs a gust of 17.6mph went through, current temp at 1730hrs 15.8c with the dew point currently on 12.7c.

Pressure has fallen yet again, now at 1730hrs pressure is reading 1012.7hpa, that’s a fall of -5.5mb since 0830 this morning , breeze of 21.6mph has just gone through as we speak, from the South West

Nigel