Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

The Champions League

disco-barry

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Instead, I think that the winners will Arsenal!

I'll be very surprised if an English team doesn't win it this year. I don't think Roma have the quality and Barcelona don't have the mentality or the team ethic. Shalke or Fenerbache have no chance I think.

I think it will be Man United or Chelsea.

• 4 weeks later...
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, Windy at the coast.

Come on reds!!

That was nailbiting. I've been shouting at the telly all night. :):):)

Now back to the league.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Yes a poor performance by Man U with only slightly better one from Barca. Good goal by Scholes but nothing much after that. Ronaldo was very poor first half and didn't help his team mates when he lost the ball just standing watching Barca attack. Improved 2nd half but he certainly forgot he was playing as part of a team which is even more important when the team isn't playing well.

Still it's a sign of a good team when you win despite playing poorly.

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted

Man Utd champions as they beat Wigan and Chelsea are held to a draw in the closing seconds

• 2 weeks later...

Well Done to Man Utd for winning the Champions League 6-5 on penalties against Chelsea.

Man Utd were the better side in the first half and deservedly took the lead through Ronaldo, they then had chances to extend the lead through Tevez and Carrick before Lampard after a seres of lucky deflections steered the ball past Van Der Sar to level the scores just before the break. The second half was a different story as Chelsea dominated, and had a lot of long range shots, one of which by Drogba hit the post with Van der Sar beaten.

Into extra time, Lampard then hit the bar, before Giggs was superbly denied by a Terry headed clearance off the line. Tempers were often frayed during the match and after Tevez kicked the ball into touch by the corner flag after a Chelsea player was injured, a fracas ensured with several players booked and Drogba was sent off for a gentle slap on a Man Utd players face (probably Vidic), however there was contact and he was sent off, There were no further goals and the game went to Penalties.

The first 4 penalties were scored, and so at 2-2, Ronaldo stepped up, stopped, and his shot was saved by Cech, at 4-4, John Terry had the task of beating Van Der Sar to win the trophy for Chelsea, but he slipped and the ball hit the outside of the post, and to safety, in Sudden Death, Man Utd went 6-5 ahead before Anelka missed his penalty to allow Man Utd Victory.

Posted

Yesterday, I saw a very beautiful match between Manchester UTD and Chelsea. I think Manchester is stronger than Chelsea. However, English football is more fun than Italian football! :p

Finally, I think that John Terry is a very good player! :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I can't stand John Terry. I think he is a disgrace of a role model, thinking it is acceptable to run to the referee for every decision.

I also can't stand Drogba, he has a history of diving and feigning injury which infuriates me.

Watching their misfortunes last night gave me no end of pleasure.

Well done United.

Archived