Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

One-day Meteorology Course, Eastbourne

Posted

I saw this in my local newspaper 'The Argus', thought it may be of interest to members living in the Eastbourne area, if it isn't already fully booked!

'Amateur weather forecasters and outdoor sports enthusiasts have been invited to a day-long meteorology course.

The Weather Shop in Eastbourne will be running two courses at its base at Sovereign Harbour on Saturday, July 7th from 10.30am to 3.30pm. The cost is £20.

For further information call the number given or email info@weatherfront.biz'

Edited by xxsnowflakexx

• 10 months later...
Posted

Here is a piece taken from the local paper 'The Argus' last week. Another course run by the Weather Shop, Eastbourne:

'Wannabe weather forecasters can take a crash course in meteorology. Weather Shop, based at Sovereign Harbour, near Eastbourne is holding another day long session in understanding the elements. The course will run from 10.30am to 3.30pm on June 7th '08. To book a place, at a cost of £20, call 01323 472921 or email info@weatherfront.biz'

Link here - http://www.ukweathershop.co.uk/acatalog/in...F_WD070608.html

Edited by xxsnowflakexx

Posted

Dave Wiseman, proprietor of 'Wiseweather', will be leading the session. Dave has been involved with just about every aspect of the weather, since he joined the Met Office almost thirty years ago.

can confirm Dave was a weather observer at Heathrow for a number of years. His web site is also a pretty good centre so I would say his course will be, interesting, informative and good value.