Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Buying a weather station

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy

I bought the ws3600 about 4 weeks ago only managed to put it up 2 weeks ago and its really good works really well, the best bit about it is the history data it collects and you download it onto the pc, i do need to move my wind vane and rain gauge as its been windy the tree near the rain gauge has been sheltering it from the rainfall, and the wind vane isnt catching the wind properly, but it works sweet none the less. :)

Posted
Is this where you baught your on from pottyprof

Yes Mark. Can certainly recommend them. Very helpful company. ;)

Posted

I have bought the weather station :o . I have selected next day delivery however i have only just orderd it 8:34pm. I know its late but do you think it will be here tomorrow

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

Hopfully i will be able to improve my weather reports as well as putting all the data on my computer and all that for when i do the overall statistics for a month.

Posted

i also put all my data on my computer to and also look back at it at the end of the month and do a report for that month

Edited by weathermaster

Posted
I have selected next day delivery however i have only just orderd it 8:34pm. I know its late but do you think it will be here tomorrow
Not a hope I'm afraid....it'll be Monday now I should think.

I've got a simple spreadsheet which I input my data onto and now have ten years' worth.

You can have a copy if you like...it works a treat.

Posted
Not a hope I'm afraid....it'll be Monday now I should think.

I've got a simple spreadsheet which I input my data onto and now have ten years' worth.

You can have a copy if you like...it works a treat.

Just had an email off them after asking them when it will come. It should be here my midday tomorrow

Posted

Nice one...I didn't think anyone delivered on a Saturday unless you paid a fortune (or used Royal Mail and by some fluke your postman isn't on strike)

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Mark

Congratulations on your New weather station! Hope you enjoy !

Excellent choice , same set up im using

Nigel

Guest Viking141
I've just been given a plastic rain gauge. I think someone might have widdled in it last night because it's rather full.

Sorry Wibs, I did have rather a lot to drink!!

I too am setting up my wx station today, WS2300 also with Weather Display software. I Have had it for a number of months but have had problems siting it because I live in a terraced house so Ive just taken delivery of a 10' mast which will get the anemometer above roof level so its gets the wind from all directions.

Edited by Viking141

Posted

Mine is about 50ft up on a counterbalanced mast so it's easy to lower down. I did find one problem though and that is one of interference being picked up when I was TXing. Funny thing though, it only affected the rain gauge readings and the bucket is on the floor. :lol:

post-1669-1183815142_thumb.jpg

Posted

Where going to put mine on top of the shed on a small mast post. For time bieing till we get a shed (2months) (Where still doing the garden) I am going to put it on top of a fence panal. It shuld get the wind from all directions of the fence post however if it doesn't it will only be there for a few months. The problem at the moment is where am i going to put the rain gauge. The backgarden is still a load of soil with a small path. I don't want to put it a front because i will never see it again. Where has everyone esle got theres?