Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm reports Tuesday 3rd July 2007 (merged)

Stuart

Posted

hi all

well two moderate storms passed trough the area this afternoon and a possible funnel cloud near Dunstable but this is unconfirmed. lightening strike knocking out power in the Sundon Park area of Luton too.

but this is nothing compared to the freak weather in London this evening take a gander at these pictures via the BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/6267038.stm

LO

Hi All,

This is my very first post - we had a terrific storm over Dartford - it started about 5.45pm and lasted for about 45 mins - lots of lightning and cracking thunder - I've just come in from the garden and its still rumbling in the distance. Hope we get some more!!!

Posted

Some potent thunderstorms have been about today, first was during the mid-afternoon period with good CG lightning, second storm came between 5-6.30 and had lots of thunder and once again good CG lightning as well as this time some much heavier rainfall.

Posted

Had a good selection of storms today starting at around 13.30. Lots of thunder and some good hail about pea sized or slightly larger. Still thundering now. :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy

Aparantly we had 3 t-storms today i was working at the time :rolleyes: , but it did rainheavily and there was pea sized hail coming down and it wasn't half bouncing a good few feet off the ground, does any body else in the area know more about these?

Posted

Man what a great day. Just some light rain here now with distant thunder and odd flashes. Some great storms and a gorgeous pic of a storm to end it.

post-3380-1183494758_thumb.jpg

Posted

just to finish off my 1st report earlier,

2 more storms happened bringing total to 3!!! thunder, lightning, soft hail and torrential rain seen today

Posted

Report from Colchester yesterday with a pic or two.

We had a few rumbles, a heavy shower or two..but this I think was the storm that passed by into Suffolk which gave the hail, flooding and lightning in Ipswich. A manual stitch of the images, close but not exact, but you get the idea ;)

post-3821-1183547911_thumb.jpg

This was a while later, one rumble from this..

post-3821-1183547927_thumb.jpg

Edited by SnowBear