Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm reports Tuesday 3rd July 2007 (merged)

Stuart

Posted

Heavy downpours and thunder currently over south west MK.

Posted

Bright pink flickers of lightning, just had some VERY heavy rainfall - and continous gunshot booms of thunder rolling about, eased off now but still very stormy looking and pretty dark :)

Nope, Still flickering and booming around! maybe i was a bit to pre-empt on the ending lol :whistling:

Posted

Massive thunder storm over Gillingham at Moment

Hailstones and heavy rain....

I have not seen a storm like this round here for ages..... most spectacular...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, warm and sunny in summer

Very dark skies here and about 5 strikes in the last 5 minutes although I have yet to see one :whistling: !

As far as I know this is the first storm of the year here although I was in France last week so there may have been one then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Thunderstorm rumbling just to the south of Cleadon- making it three days in a row with thunder here!

Posted

I've just been in the centre of spalding and have witnessed a well organised and very loud T-storm which seemed to be moving towards p'boro. Lot of lightning and possible funnel(but not sure).

good luck spotting SHU

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Heavy storm cell just passed thru with lightning, thunder and torrential rain.

Stopping now and blue sky on the way again........summer's arrived at last.

Andy

Posted

Very dark clouds heralded an almighty clap of thunder and the most torrential rain I have seen for about 18 months. More thunder and rain has now set off all the car alarms and flooded the flat roofs that are common to this industiral estate in Burgess Hill Mid Sussex.

Looks like more on the way, I'll check on the weather station at home later to see how much rain fell.

Posted

Very nice looking storm here with awesome motion in it. Nice looking gust front on it too. Torential rain and lgithning now as i type.

post-3380-1183472395_thumb.jpg

post-3380-1183472422_thumb.jpg

Edited by UkStormChaser

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Just had a fairly active thunderstorm here with torrential rain, frequent flashes of lightning and loud crashes of thunder. Moved away eastwards towards Yeovil but another heavy downpour with rumbles of thunder is now pushing in from the northwest. A very active day!

Posted

Thunderstorm just passed over Swindon in the last hour Some beautiful cg's and loud cracks of thunder. A little hail at the beginning of storm, but not much precip overall. Storm moved off to the East now

Posted

Now enjoying the second of today's storms. Nowhere as good as the first, but then it was never going to be. The first storm between 1:40pm and 2:10pm delivered a number of amazing of close CG bolts, knocking out electricity and phone lines for the second day running. Intense and torrential rain fell, with 22mm recorded in the rain guage in that half hour period, but I'm sure it missed a fair bit as it came down so hard. Localised flooding on the roads around here now and a fair number of related problems: http://www.eveningstar.co.uk/content/eveni...3A33%3A02%3A490

Posted

Thunder coming from a rather evil looking cloud (and has been for the past hour) that seems to be heading east just skimming the North Kent Coast here. Even seen 2 CGs from it out towards the sea yet the thunder sounds too distant; odd storm!

Posted

Had two storms already one very short, 2nd one fair bit of lightning passed in 20 mins, 3rd one on its way as I type.

Posted

one of the most evil looking clouds has just passed overhead, heading in a north east direction. a few rumbles of thunder. the northeast direction is as black as night.

heading towards reading i'd say.

Edited by justinflavin

Posted

Man todays weather is nuts. Seen 5 storms so far today and another coming my way. YAY! Fun fun fun. About to get another storm in the next 5 mins.

post-3380-1183480597_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

At last some activity - Yey ! Not a lot of rain (with the exception of one brief torrential downpour) or lightning but some fantastic cracks and rumbles of thunder. Still pretty dark but I think it's almost passed now, Bah Humbug.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A small thunderstorm in Southampton today at 3pm when I was leaving the city. Heavy rain and overhead lightning, lasted for about ten minutes.

Posted

Greenford, Middlesex

16-45 to 17-10 electricly active storm. very good views of lightning strikes, some quite close. Seemed to become more active as it moved north eastwards (the new Wembely arch may have been hit by lightning)

17-45 very black to NE direction. 18-25 new development to north west and distant thunder can be heard though not as frequent as before.

Posted
  • Location: Crayford the no interesting weather zone of Kent, (20m asl)
  • Location: Crayford the no interesting weather zone of Kent, (20m asl)

I saw the thunderstorm that went over the top half of kent at around 3pm, got some pictures from sittingbourne as it rolled over sheppy, apparently knocked the power out too..

The very last pic is of the thunderstorm that went over dartford about an hour ago, some good lightning strikes ... apparently some large hail with this one, and its now getting dark again and I can hear some more thunder :rolleyes:

post-3362-1183486602_thumb.jpg

post-3362-1183486637_thumb.jpg

post-3362-1183486670_thumb.jpg

post-3362-1183486705_thumb.jpg

post-3362-1183486734_thumb.jpg

post-3362-1183486764_thumb.jpg

post-3362-1183486922_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sugar79