Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J10

Championship Discussion 2007-08

That's a bit like saying Lewis Hamilton is only good because he wins lots of races though.

Of course we'll lose at home eventually, but we'll also start winning away from home and I imagine, come the end of the season, we'll be hanging around the play off places which isn't too bad, and certainly beats last season. Having seen us three times away from home this season, I think to compare us to a League 2 side is ridiculous!

I think we have been knocked out by lower league teams in the last couple of seasons in the Carling cup (if that matters) and I'm not comparing us to a league 2 team, I'm just saying we seem to struggle to get a result against many teams playing away, there must be something wrong with tactics or our psychologist has gone awol - no excuses for such a good home record and then a poor away record.

I'd forgotten about the Carling Cup!

You've got to admit having a great home record makes a nice change. although having failed to see us win for five and a half years now, I too wish our away form was just a bit better.

My last visit to Portman Road was (I think) in March 2002 when we lost to Southampton. Dreadful match with some oik eating crisps with him outh open behind me for the whole match.

Cotterill has left the Clarets by mutual consent. He could become Leicester's new manager in time for the match between us on Saturday. We've not being playing to potential at a time when this league could be any body's so in a way I'm hoping that someone who can get the most out of a good squad can help us progress this season.

No excuse for not beating Sheffield United btw - poor management and nothing to do with "a team like Burnley", you should have been happy with the draw and the fact our ex-manager was unable to motivate the team ;-)

Very strange experiance last night sitting in a pub with a happy face sitting in a crowd that had something to sing about for only the 2nd time this season.

For once United played and Ipswich unlike WBA who were poor provided us a with a decent game to watch. Ipswich are very good passing side but lacked a decent striker upfront which made the differance in the end.

Ref poor overall bottled a blantant pen for the Blades then gave a soft one to make up for it. Missed the push for Ipswich goal but then he missed pushes and elbows for Mr Lee all. Kieth G had his first decent game for us since the sending off against Reading last season and scored a beauty. Fortunated that the ball broke back to him but the cut inside and shot past the keeper in far top corner was class.

Ipswich a very good footballing side and showed United how to pass and move first half but to get promotion they'll need to get a decent striker upfront or promotion will slip them away.

United well two decent home games speaks for itself and the contrast between the inept performce against teams like Burnley and last night speaks volumes. I wouldn't be surprised if we slipped back to bad old ways

I think Ipswich are going to end up winning this one...4-0 at home, live on the radio and Norwich are losing 3-0

Edit; 5-0

Edit; 6-0

Here's a prediction. Timmy H will think we were lucky to play Bristol City on a day off and we flattered to deceive.

A romp for Ipswich today and the Grunters (swfc) Five Nil winners over the Saints. Meanwhile United had to fight for a result at Stoke. Man of the match for me Bennett good saves which says it all really. Poor game to televise and most neutrals would have switched off or hung themselves in desperation.

An absolutely sensational performance from Ipswich today. Bristol City simply couldn't handle us, and we were irresistable at times. 2-0 up in the first 15 minutes and the rest of the first half was comfortable. Start of the second half saw Danny Haynes break away and Bradley Orr decided to upend him in the box. Last man, bye bye Mr Orr. Penalty converted, and then we played some of the most devastating counter attacking football I have seen for a long, long time. It could easily have been 7 or 8, or 10 if Town hadn't taken their foot off the gas after 70 minutes - and all this against a Bristol City side that hadn't conceded more than one goal in a single game so far this season. Absolutely stunning, and well worth a watch on the Championship on ITV1 tomorrow morning at 10:25am.

Yes, I think we should be the first team to have two managers. One for away matches and keep Jim for home matches as you say Timmy.

Just seen the highlights on the telly and can there be a more entertaining team outside of the top 5 in the premier league? Some of our passing play was truly outstanding and while Watford might be running away with it, and while we might end up with nothing at the end of the season, I'd rather watch that week in week out than be a supporter of an all conquering but workmanlike team such as Watford.

I've been reading the Stoke fanzine website, and Pulis isn't exactly loved is he? I've always struggled to "get" Stoke, as it's a sizeable town with a good stadium but little in the way of support. I'm not quite sure if I was a Stoke manager where the extent of my ambitions would lie.

I really don't understand this pricing of tickets either, because if I was in charge, I'd much rather have cheaper prices and attract higher gates and, probably, the same revenue.

Back to the real football tomorrow, and Ipswich make the trip to Wales to take on Cardiff. Bit of pressure on Dave Jones at the moment, so I hope we can take advantage of that and finally get our first away win, but I'm not holding my breath!

Cannot believe Cardiff won. :rolleyes:

At least some people in work will be happy.

Its time something was done about this dreadful away record. Losing to Sheffield United and Cardiff who have both, with respect, been really struggling is unacceptable if we are to mount a serious play-off charge. I cannot understand how we can be so good at home and so rubbish away...where's the logic?

It's just like watching Brazil - well not quite but a good win against Watford for Davey's lads.

Black country derby today

West Brom v Wolves

my prediction, 2- 1 to west brom

Come on you Baggies, lets show those Dingles

Nigel