Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J10

Championship Discussion 2007-08

Not a personal comment (promise)...more a comment on how there's no such thing as a safe bet. The first time I ever tried 10 homes on the pools, I won about £60. Never won another thing in about 5 years of trying. It would always get buggered up with Rangers losing at home to Huntly, or Manchester Utd drawing with Stalybridge.

As for Ipswich - I'm really not bothered about promotion to the Premier League as I genuinally do like The Championship. I just like having a decent home record because for years, we've not.

Our yo-yo season continues with another very disappointing result away from home, losing 3-1 at Hull. Despite dominating the first half, hitting the post twice and missing 3 other good chances, we collasped and went 3-0 down - very much deja vue after the West Brom game. Its simple though, put the ball in the net!! Only consolation was that I won £115 after betting on a 3-1 Hull win (yes, shocking I know, betting against my own team, but I know what we are like away from home!).

Another pathetci performace by the Blades and relegation looms. Time to sack Robson.

You can't sack someone after 8 games! Ipswich have had 7 managers since I was born in 1971 and we've not done bad....sometimes it pays to be loyal.

I might not bother going to Burnley on Tueday night you know.

You can't sack someone after 8 games! Ipswich have had 7 managers since I was born in 1971 and we've not done bad....sometimes it pays to be loyal.

I might not bother going to Burnley on Tueday night you know.

West Brom up to second place, one point behind leaders Watford. after 5- 1 win at home against Q>P>R ,

Kevin Phillips scored two goals again

Come on you Baggies

Nigel

West Brom up to second place, one point behind leaders Watford. after 5- 1 win at home against Q>P>R ,

Kevin Phillips scored two goals again

Come on you Baggies

Nigel

Evening Paul

Yes unfortunately i do like a moan, especially when it involves football

Ok i agree i did have a moan at the start of the season, Reason being i just couldnt see the point in breaking up a decent team . Then again Im not the GAFFA. There must have been some unrest in the dressing room, with a few players ,But it looks as though Mowbrey has got this one right> He knew what players he wanted and he went out and got them. and they have blended in well. I didint think it would work , but the new players have done well so far { ive never even heard of the majority of them} Just goes to show how much i know .And thats why i suggested it could take some time , for these new players to adapt., instead of taking half a season to adapt , they have played very well so far, and i hope they continue to play well!

Ive followed the Baggies for 40 year now {last six years whilst ive been living up here in the North East} and ive seen that many changes , Managers come and go , The Heartaches of losing in FA Cup Semi finals { one against Ipswich} ,The year when we beat Beat Valencia in the UEFA Cup 3 - 1 {with Mairo Kempes in the Valencia team as well! , then losing to Galatarasay in the next round away from home . Finishing second in the Old first division only to be pipped at the post by Liverpool . Yes those were the days . Oh the ups and downs of football,, Yes things have changed since then , I wish i could get to more games then i am going to at the moment , last year i went to about 3 or 4 games , reason being its around £140 for me just to go and watch the game now , thats hotel money, petrol, and beer money and food money as well. Its an expensive hobby for me now .

All i can say is that i will still follow the Baggies no matter what happens , even the wife{yes my wife is a Geordie} has tried to convert me to go and watch the TOON. I said no way , am i going to watch the TOON ,even though i only live about 3 miles away from the ground ,

Nigel

Evening Paul

Yes unfortunately i do like a moan, especially when it involves football

Ok i agree i did have a moan at the start of the season, Reason being i just couldnt see the point in breaking up a decent team . Then again Im not the GAFFA. There must have been some unrest in the dressing room, with a few players ,But it looks as though Mowbrey has got this one right> He knew what players he wanted and he went out and got them. and they have blended in well. I didint think it would work , but the new players have done well so far { ive never even heard of the majority of them} Just goes to show how much i know .And thats why i suggested it could take some time , for these new players to adapt., instead of taking half a season to adapt , they have played very well so far, and i hope they continue to play well!

Ive followed the Baggies for 40 year now {last six years whilst ive been living up here in the North East} and ive seen that many changes , Managers come and go , The Heartaches of losing in FA Cup Semi finals { one against Ipswich} ,The year when we beat Beat Valencia in the UEFA Cup 3 - 1 {with Mairo Kempes in the Valencia team as well! , then losing to Galatarasay in the next round away from home . Finishing second in the Old first division only to be pipped at the post by Liverpool . Yes those were the days . Oh the ups and downs of football,, Yes things have changed since then , I wish i could get to more games then i am going to at the moment , last year i went to about 3 or 4 games , reason being its around £140 for me just to go and watch the game now , thats hotel money, petrol, and beer money and food money as well. Its an expensive hobby for me now .

All i can say is that i will still follow the Baggies no matter what happens , even the wife{yes my wife is a Geordie} has tried to convert me to go and watch the TOON. I said no way , am i going to watch the TOON ,even though i only live about 3 miles away from the ground ,

Nigel

Another poor result by the Blades but recovered from 1-3 to Cardiff. Robbo saved for a bit longer. Relegation battle continues.

Another poor result by the Blades but recovered from 1-3 to Cardiff. Robbo saved for a bit longer. Relegation battle continues.

Morning everyone

West Brom 1 Stoke City 1

2 points dropped tonight

, however , Stoke have always been one of our bogey teams , , Stoke took the lead through Ryan Shawcross after 26 minutes then Leon Barnett equalised late in the second half {72minutes}

BOING BOING

nigel

Yet another shambolic performance by Shef UTD. A Steel City double relegation looms. Time for Robbo be booted as he clearly hasn't got a clue on how to manage this team.

Another confident home win from Ipswich today, 2-1 over Preston. Thats 4 out of 4 at home now this season, and 8 wins in a row if we include the end of last season. If only we could win away! A well and hard fought win, spoilt by the referee at the end who gave Preston a penalty for nothing and caused things to get a bit heated, all so un-necessarily.

Another confident home win from Ipswich today, 2-1 over Preston. Thats 4 out of 4 at home now this season, and 8 wins in a row if we include the end of last season. If only we could win away! A well and hard fought win, spoilt by the referee at the end who gave Preston a penalty for nothing and caused things to get a bit heated, all so un-necessarily.

Don't worry you'll get three easy points against Shef UTD unless Robbo's gone by then.

Hang on to him until November 7th then, especially as I shall be there.

If want a good pub to go to Sheaf View on Gleadless Road. About 15mins form the ground. Blades fans go in there including me but we're sensible and friendly believe or not.

Make or break weekend more likely than not for Shef UTD manager. Lose and I'll think he may walk.

Hope he stays Pit! ;)

Ipswich today travel to QPR, still looking for our first away win of the season. Will today be the day, or will we have to wait until the East Anglian derby at Norwich in a fortnight? Talking of East Anglian derbies, we have our first one of the season on Tuesday evening, when Colchester come to Portman Road. Good to have the "real" football back!

Evening everyone

Colchester 3 West Brom 2

Good win for Cochester , terrible result for the Baggies , {hope that was just a small Gltch} still a long way to go though

Phillips and Miller scorers for the Baggies Oh well back to the drawing board

Nigel

Evening everyone

Colchester 3 West Brom 2

Good win for Cochester , terrible result for the Baggies , {hope that was just a small Gltch} still a long way to go though

Phillips and Miller scorers for the Baggies Oh well back to the drawing board

Nigel