Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J10

Championship Discussion 2007-08

Poor Wolves and poor Big Mick

Deserved to make the playoffs

Evidently not Matty. They had 46 games to prove they deserved it.

Wolves fans have admitted themselves (well the proper ones) that they have been poor this season. They have underachieved this season.

There is a problem next season though, not many people seem to comment on the Premier League thread so I might be a bit lonely!

Wolves fans have admitted themselves (well the proper ones) that they have been poor this season. They have underachieved this season.

There is a problem next season though, not many people seem to comment on the Premier League thread so I might be a bit lonely!

MCT

Just goes to show how entertaining the championship is . its a very hard league to get out of , just look at the bottom of the league, Southampton finished on 53 points i think,

NICK....

dont worry i will be joining you so thats two of us lol

HIC< HIC< HIC

nigel

It's funny that, the Premiership discussion has 183 replies, and this has 642!

There's 4 more teams and 8 more games but it's still suprising.

I think you'll stay up next year, I can see Stoke really struggling though.

Probably because we're the real fans while the prem is getting taken over more and more by the Prawn sandwich brigade.

The Championship has been very open this year, who would have though that Stoke and West Brom would have gone Up, and Hull, Bristol C, Palace and Watford would have got to the play offs, while some of the big clubs such as Sheff Wed, Southampton and Leicester have struggled.

Except in 2001 Paul....except in 2001

Paul - and went down the season after! lol!

Overall I'm not to disappointed either, over the whole season you cannot get in the play-offs with our poor away record. Lets hope we can continue our great home form and who knows what might happen next season. Infact I'm even considering getting a season ticket (hope that does not put a curse on us, the last time that happened we got into Europe).

As said good luck to the rest of the teams in the play-offs as it is a lottery and also to good ol Southend in League One against Doncaster. Be interesting to see how West Brom and Stoke get on next season.

Ithink the big difference is that this is a genuinely competitive league. Every team is capapble of beating any other & that can't be said of the Premier league. I remember a couple of seasons ago when Arsenal went unbeaten, a great achievement of course, but there were people saying it was more difficult now than when Preston did it in the 1800s. I disagree, to go unbeaten these days is far easier. Never have 4 teams been so much better than the rest.

Ultimately the Prem will have to bite the bullet & introduce a salary cap. I have little time for American sport generally, but the fact that it's cylical & teams go through good & bad times is healthier for everyone.

In the end I suppose a European super league will come about & then we can return to genuinely competitive football & wish the 4 or 5 teams that are invited to join it farewell.

I'll be 50 this year & in my lifetime as well as the big 4, Derby, Forest, Ipswich. Manchester City, Everton, Aston Villa, Spurs, Blackburn I think even Burnley? have won the championship as well as a host of clubs like Stoke & QPR coming mighty close. That can never happen again unless some billionaire takes you over & they are, even then I feel, hollow victories.

Thoughts anyone?

Dave

Kevin Keegan has come out and said the Premier League is boring. And he is right. If you want an exciting, unpredictable league - look at the Championship. I hope one day that a mid table Prem team ousts one of the "Big 4". The Championship isn't a quality league, but it is a very tough league. But we have shown we are a force to be reckoned with in this years FA Cup.

Bristol City have qualified for the Play off final after beating Crystal Palace 2-1 after Extra Time. (4-2 on Aggregate)

Goals from Lee Trundle and Michael McIndoe send them to Wembley.

Well done to Hull tonight, truly outplayed Watford who in truth were doomed before they even played. They were lucky to get into the play offs in the first place.

:)

Yay, we're celebrating here, a Fab win for Hull City AFC :good:

6-1 on agg.

Wembley here we come, first time in their long history, 104 yrs I believe.

BL * a bit squiff :)

Who would have thought it, Bristol City or Hull City in the Premiership.

For some reason I've quite taken against Hull these past few weeks. I sense arrrogance around the club & Brown's silly attempts at mind games against Stoke before the final game of the season sort of clinched it. Strange how a club of whom you had no strong opinions can move down in the personal poularity charts!

Anyhoo I hope Bristol win the final, they've been there all season & deserve promotion.

Dave

Watford the better side first half and deserved the one goal lead until a goal keeping blunder let Hull equalise. Would be interesting if Barmby missed would the Ref have given a pen???? Anyway after that Watfords confidence went and seemed to accept their fate. Once the 2nd went in they collasped big style and Hull sauntered to the win.

Bristol have been there abouts all season will they manage it??

I don't care who goes up, as neither side have been in the premiership before