Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J10

Championship Discussion 2007-08

We shall help by walking over Southampton for you :)

Hope you stay up, I think it's a great away day at your ground and it provided me with my first away victory (and to date ONLY away victory :) ). And then you can do us a favour by beating Stoke :) .

Come on you saints.

Where going up, where going up , the west broms going up ,where going up the west broms going up m

BOING BOING

BOING BOING

BOING BOING

NIGEL

Ah crap!!

we can still go down, stupid baggies :)

Well done to the Baggies for winning promotion, unless they lose at QPR and we lose by 13 goals or so to Hull! :) Going to be a fascinating last day, with the final automatic promotion spot, play off spots and the final relegation spot to be decided. Sky Sports are showing two matches - Stoke v Leicester (promotion/relegation issue) and Ipswich v Hull (play off/promotion issue). Shame we are at home, as I love Sky's last day coverage!

Damn wanted Southampton to win that.

Anyone from Blackpool to Southampton for the drop on the last day.

Well Boing Boing Baggies Baggies!

Back to the big time yet again. I don't know who I want to stay up so I am sitting on the fence i'm afraid. Although I cannot stand Lee Hendrie at Leicester...Villa reject...

Next season I will be satisfied with a Champions League place, possibly pushing for the title :)

Nah seriously, I would love to have some mid table obscurity for once, as this is what we have had to go through:

1999/00: Relegation Escape

2000/01: Made the play offs in a shock season

2001/02: Surprise promotion, overhauling Wolves on the last day.

2002/03: Immediate relegation

2003/04: Immediate promotion

2004/05: "The Great Escape" season

2005/06: Very disappointing relegation

2006/07: Play-off final defeat

2007/08: Well you know that!

Here is hoping we can comfortably stay up and have a well earned rest!

Well Done to Forest on returning to the Championship. :clap:

Hard luck to Carlisle on missing out on automatic promotion, but well done on letting Bournemouth equalise, thereby avoiding Leeds in the play-offs.

Rumour has it that the club didn't want promotion as the cost of making the ground all-seater was too high. Don't believe a word of it myself.

shambles from Donny, much as expected, whether they will make it now is probably less than 50/50

Donnie discussion should be in the appropriate thread. Doncaster don't seem to popular with the Blue and White side of Sheffield anyway.

Not all that pleased to see Forest back. One of the dirtiest sides I ever seen. Made Vinny Jones and Wimbledon look like a bunch of girl guides the few times I've seen them bar one exception when they played football. Hopefully they've gone back to playing football under the present manager.

Back to the Championship...

Things are going to be very interesting tomorrow, at least I can sit back and relax in the knowledge we are already up...unless Hull are 6-0 up at half time that is.

Lots of nailbiting to come I fear. Here we are in Stoke talking of winning the championship, yet we're not actually promoted yet :clap: I know there seem to be more Tractor boy fans on here than any other, so come on you blues! Take the tension out of it by beating those pesky tigers & we'll take care of Leicester. Sorry baggies fans, but come on you super hoops too!

Dave

Donnie discussion should be in the appropriate thread. Doncaster don't seem to popular with the Blue and White side of Sheffield anyway.

Not all that pleased to see Forest back. One of the dirtiest sides I ever seen. Made Vinny Jones and Wimbledon look like a bunch of girl guides the few times I've seen them bar one exception when they played football. Hopefully they've gone back to playing football under the present manager.

so why another para about the same division then with your reminiscences of what you tell us you saw?

Well I'm perfectly relaxed about today. I don't for one minute expect Ipswich to make the play-offs, but if they do it will be a bonus. We're not ready for Premiership in any case - our away record shows that! I'm looking forward to what should be a cracking match between Ipswich and Hull, and see what happens from there.

My final table looks like this:

1. West Brom

2. Stoke

3. Hull

4. Bristol City

5. Crystal Palace

6. Wolves

---------------------------

7. Watford

8. Ipswich

And the bottom:

21. Southampton

22. Leicester

23. Sprunehorpe

24. Colchester

Well I'm perfectly relaxed about today. I don't for one minute expect Ipswich to make the play-offs, but if they do it will be a bonus. We're not ready for Premiership in any case - our away record shows that! I'm looking forward to what should be a cracking match between Ipswich and Hull, and see what happens from there.

My final table looks like this:

1. West Brom

2. Stoke

3. Hull

4. Bristol City

5. Crystal Palace

6. Wolves

---------------------------

7. Watford

8. Ipswich

And the bottom:

21. Southampton

22. Leicester

23. Sprunehorpe

24. Colchester

its an enormous step from this division into top flight as so many clubs have proved over the past few seasons.

Any club must have an absolutely top class team, a good manager, and a chairman with a bottomless purse.

And for the team to have demonstrated, as Paul B so rightly comments, the ability to win in the present division at home AND away.

Even then its a whole different world and to get established is very very difficult in that top flight.

its an enormous step from this division into top flight as so many clubs have proved over the past few seasons.

Any club must have an absolutely top class team, a good manager, and a chairman with a bottomless purse.

And for the team to have demonstrated, as Paul B so rightly comments, the ability to win in the present division at home AND away.

Even then its a whole different world and to get established is very very difficult in that top flight.

Well I'm perfectly relaxed about today. I don't for one minute expect Ipswich to make the play-offs, but if they do it will be a bonus. We're not ready for Premiership in any case - our away record shows that!

Can we swap James McFadden (Looks more like McFatten) for Kevin Phillips?

Even throw in Gary McSheffery. And kick Scot out. (That be Alex McCleish) For Tony Mowbray? http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/doh.gif

I know you'll say no http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

But in my thesis, you don't ask, you don't get. ;)

Phil.