Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J10

Championship Discussion 2007-08

I've done this again,about 3 weeks later, and quite a bit has changed.

Now

1 West Brom 83

2 Stoke 81

3 Watford 75

4 Bristol C 75

5 Hull 73

6 Palace 72

To keep things interesting we need Palace and Watford to lose this weekend. With Shef United, Ipswich winning of course. Wednesday to lose to Leicester and then everything is to play for last match of the season.

To keep things interesting we need Palace and Watford to lose this weekend. With Shef United, Ipswich winning of course. Wednesday to lose to Leicester and then everything is to play for last match of the season.

All I want is for us to be promoted this weekend so I can sit back, relax and watch everybody else panic over the final places!

We also need Wolves to lose tonight, but they're already 1-0 up over Cardiff in their game in hand.

I'm hoping for a Sheffield Wednesday v Norwich relegation decider on the final day! http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif

Come on the pool, pick up a point I hope.

we've been punching well above are weight!

come on larry and the lads

I still believe todays game against Southampton will be a tough affair, Southampton desperately need points so they will be up for the game, a draw should be good enough for the Baggies today, anything less , then its down to the final game against QPR , which will be a very tough game,

1 point today gurarenteed promotion, Lets hope Colchester can do us a favour , by getting a result against Stoke this afternoon

nigel

My prediction for west brom against southamton

WBA 2

southampton 1

Southampton to score first , west brom to get the winner in the last ten minutes

nigel

I still believe todays game against Southampton will be a tough affair, Southampton desperately need points so they will be up for the game, a draw should be good enough for the Baggies today, anything less , then its down to the final game against QPR , which will be a very tough game,

1 point today gurarenteed promotion, Lets hope Colchester can do us a favour , by getting a result against Stoke this afternoon

nigel

My prediction for west brom against southamton

WBA 2

southampton 1

Southampton to score first , west brom to get the winner in the last ten minutes

nigel

If it's any consolation Paul, I'm NOT going to the match today so won't be providing the normal away jinx I've held over Town since we beat Everton about six years ago.

If it's any consolation Paul, I'm NOT going to the match today so won't be providing the normal away jinx I've held over Town since we beat Everton about six years ago.

OOPS

My mistake , my apologies, west broms game is Monday , makes it mnore interesting , {what a plonker i am lol]

nigel

:):):)

Well well well, you couldn't write it could you?

Monday is vital now, and we are surely going to be boinging our way to the top flight.

What a fantastic last day of the season next Sunday promises to be! Two play-off places up for grabs after Watford and Crystal Palace lost today, whilst Wolves and Ipswich drew their respective matches and Sheffield United won. So any two from those teams can make 5th and 6th place, and here is the table and last day fixtures:

Stoke P45 78pts +14

West Brom P44 77pts +31

-------------------------

Hull P45 75pts +19

Bristol City P45 71pts -2

Watford P45 69pts +6

Palace P45 68pts +11

Wolves P45 67pts +4

Ipswich P45 66pts +8

Sheff Utd P45 66pts +6

Fixtures:

Blackpool v Watford

Crystal Palace v Burnley

Ipswich v Hull

Wolves v Plymouth

Southampton v Sheffield United

You'd expect Watford, Palace and Wolves to win, but given the way this season has gone, who knows! Ipswich v Hull promises to be a cracker, with both teams needing the win - Ipswich to have a chance of nicking a play off spot, and Hull for a chance of nicking automatic promotion, same with Southampton v Sheffield United, except Saints may need the points to stay up.

Amazing Blades still in with an outside chance. Considering the shambles we were in earlier can we do it.

Amazing Blades still in with an outside chance. Considering the shambles we were in earlier can we do it.

we're got humed today!

almost safe!

Can't believe whats happened to Leicester. The win away at Barnsley looked to have been the biggest win of the season and helping us on our way to safety. 1-0 up against Sheff Wed today and all was looking rosy... 80 minutes later, 3-1 down and all was looking grim. Now it looks like we must win at Stoke away on the last day else we are down into the 3rd tier of football for the first time in our history :D

Can't believe whats happened to Leicester. The win away at Barnsley looked to have been the biggest win of the season and helping us on our way to safety. 1-0 up against Sheff Wed today and all was looking rosy... 80 minutes later, 3-1 down and all was looking grim. Now it looks like we must win at Stoke away on the last day else we are down into the 3rd tier of football for the first time in our history :)

Well the bad news for Shef UTD and good news for Southampton is that we're on the 2nd string strike force. Plus we're short on cover at the back as well.

Funny game Yesterday. Beattie off injured after two mins. Ugo off injured after giving the pen away and Martin comes on and gets injured and needs to be subbed at half time. HUlse got cramp at the beginning of the 2nd half was reduced to walking and trotting after the ball.

Hulse as a striker looks finished now. Afraid to tackle and is easily bullied of the ball. Shows what an effect a broken leg can have.

It'll be a difficult night for me tomorrow! Do I go for West Brom to win so that it will ease the pressure on leicester, making our game on Sunday a little easier, or go for Saints, 'cos I still want us to win the championship?

On top of this, I quite like Ian Holloway & would be sad to see Leicester go down, but I've always had a soft spot for Saints too! (They wear red & white stripes apparebtly because we played them 100 years or so ago & they were so impressed by Stoke).

Aah well, I would have settled for avoiding defeat at home in our last home game to be promoted!

C'mon everybody!! (except Hull http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif )

Dave

COME ON WEST BROM COME ON WEST BROM!

COME ON WEST BROM COME ON WEST BROM!

COME ON YOU BAGGIE BOYS ,

BOING BOING BOING BOING

NIGEL