Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J10

Championship Discussion 2007-08

Ground expansion is vitually impossible at the Hawthorns, Smethwick End , you can only build upwards, which personally i dont think its possible to build another tier their. same goes to Halfords Lane, and Brummie road. Due to the housing estate at the smethwick end, main road on halfords road and the birmingham road, However it is possible to extend the old Rainbow stand has there is ony a car park at that side of the ground. The only other alternative is to build a new ground {in a new location] trouble with that , there isnt many places available {maybe in a few year time] if we establsih ourselves in the premiership

nigel

Great win today by the Blades today. Down to ten men just before half time. Came out with a 4-3-2 formation. The rest is history.

Ground expansion is vitually impossible at the Hawthorns, Smethwick End , you can only build upwards, which personally i dont think its possible to build another tier their. same goes to Halfords Lane, and Brummie road. Due to the housing estate at the smethwick end, main road on halfords road and the birmingham road, However it is possible to extend the old Rainbow stand has there is ony a car park at that side of the ground. The only other alternative is to build a new ground {in a new location] trouble with that , there isnt many places available {maybe in a few year time] if we establsih ourselves in the premiership

nigel

The reason they dont fill areas like the old woodman corner, is basically for safety issues,

Only trouble for me next season it wil be hard for me to get tickets, due to not being able to get to the majority of th games, I am a member of the club so at least that will be a help, games i will definatel be going to will be the Newcastle game/ middlesborough/ and maybe a few more , all depending on ticket allocation

nigel

The reason they dont fill areas like the old woodman corner, is basically for safety issues,

Only trouble for me next season it wil be hard for me to get tickets, due to not being able to get to the majority of th games, I am a member of the club so at least that will be a help, games i will definatel be going to will be the Newcastle game/ middlesborough/ and maybe a few more , all depending on ticket allocation

nigel

When i lived in Birmingham , by the Scott Arms on the Queslett road , i used to go to virtually every home game and to most away games, ive been all over with the baggies , Old Trafford/ Red star Belgrade/ to teams like Tranmere, stockport, mansfield, notts county, macclesfield, Now im up here its very hard to get to games , believe me i would like to go to every game , but i cannot afford the 150 quid it costs me each time to g to the hawthorns, thats fuel , the game, hotel for the night, and the extras including a few jars after the game and before the game

I used to stand in the old rainbow stand when it cost just 50p to gain entrance many years ago, i can remember len cantello scoring that fabulous goal from the half way line against notts county ,{THOSE WERE THE GOOD OLD DAYS]

IM Showing my age now lol

nigel

When i lived in Birmingham , by the Scott Arms on the Queslett road , i used to go to virtually every home game and to most away games, ive been all over with the baggies , Old Trafford/ Red star Belgrade/ to teams like Tranmere, stockport, mansfield, notts county, macclesfield, Now im up here its very hard to get to games , believe me i would like to go to every game , but i cannot afford the 150 quid it costs me each time to g to the hawthorns, thats fuel , the game, hotel for the night, and the extras including a few jars after the game and before the game

I used to stand in the old rainbow stand when it cost just 50p to gain entrance many years ago, i can remember len cantello scoring that fabulous goal from the half way line against notts county ,{THOSE WERE THE GOOD OLD DAYS]

IM Showing my age now lol

nigel

JOHN OSBOURNE

PADDY MULLIGAN [bRENDAN BATSON]/ TONY BROWN/ JOHN WILE/ ALISTER ROBERTSON/ BRYAN ROBSON/ ALI BROWN/CYRILLE REGIS/ LAURIE CUNNINGHAM/ WILLIE JOHSTONE

WHAT A TEAM

JOHN OSBOURNE

PADDY MULLIGAN [bRENDAN BATSON]/ TONY BROWN/ JOHN WILE/ ALISTER ROBERTSON/ BRYAN ROBSON/ ALI BROWN/CYRILLE REGIS/ LAURIE CUNNINGHAM/ WILLIE JOHSTONE

WHAT A TEAM

On that note im going to call it a night, ive got loads of work to do in the morning, so will prob see you around during the afternoon

nigel

On that note im going to call it a night, ive got loads of work to do in the morning, so will prob see you around during the afternoon

nigel

if Blackpool stay up I think next season will be very hard for us

if Blackpool stay up I think next season will be very hard for us

The draw against Wolves yesterday I feel will be of little use, Palace won yesterday against the dreaded Watford and as mentioned earlier looks like Warnock again will be in with a chance of a promotion. Unfortunately the damage was done against failing to pick up 3 points in either game against Cardiff/QPR and the terrible display ay Colchester.

Theres always next season which looks promising with further money to be spent on strengthening the squad.

By the way looks like WBA are almost there and I think they genuinally deserve it all though they did have a 'blip' a month or so ago.

Yeah just look what happened to Colchester, they were real play off contenders most of last season, and this season they have just self destructed.

Well in this Bizarre league I think anyone from 15th to 21st can still go down. That's a lot of teams. My favourite is Southampton who've got two very tricky fixtures and an awful goal difference.

we're got Plymouth away, a point from that and not sure how we will do against Watford as thier form has been very poor lately

just what im worried about. we need to spend!

Yeah as long as you don't sell your entire team and replace them with sub standard players you will be fine (which is where Colchester made the mistake). But you never know what could happen. For all you know you could win this mad league next season!

I think half the players that left Colchester did not want to stay at the club, i.e. Wayne Brown, Jamie Cureton etc. simply due to the clubs lack of ambition and finances not because they had to sell the players - the club is financially stable and will play in a new stadium (funded by the council) next season in the first division :) .

I can see either Sheffield Wednesday or Southampton in the battle for relegation.

I think half the players that left Colchester did not want to stay at the club, i.e. Wayne Brown, Jamie Cureton etc. simply due to the clubs lack of ambition and finances not because they had to sell the players - the club is financially stable and will play in a new stadium (funded by the council) next season in the first division :) .

I can see either Sheffield Wednesday or Southampton in the battle for relegation.

One thing we can conclude, this league is far, far more exciting than the Premiership! And on that basis I am happy to stay here for another year at least, especially when you look at whats happened to Derby this year. West Brom will do much better than Derby though, it should have been them who went up last year.

One thing we can conclude, this league is far, far more exciting than the Premiership! And on that basis I am happy to stay here for another year at least, especially when you look at whats happened to Derby this year. West Brom will do much better than Derby though, it should have been them who went up last year.

yup I agree championship has been better then then premiership yet again

So who does everyone think we go up this season, and who will get into the playoff.

Going Up I'll go for

1 Stoke 84

2 West Brom 83

3 Watford 78

4 Bristol C 78

5 Ipswich 72

6 Wolves 72

with Hull and Plymouth on 71

using the BBC Predictor, http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...tor/default.stm

See what you come up with, (can't be any worse than my prediction)