Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J10

Championship Discussion 2007-08

Evening everyone

THE PIT:

The Blades had the chance to win by a comfortable margin from what i saw on Sky , against a very poor West Brom performance {Yes im a Baggies follower} i have been for around 40 years now , and still follow them even with me moving to Newcastle 6 year agao< i dont get to go to as many games as i would like to ,{£150 for for a home game for me.} i know i went 3 times last year .

Anyway back to the game , mowbray has just signed about 8 new players , and they have got to start performing together sooner rather than later, , Thats why i say the Blades should have had more than the 1 goal today , you had 3 good chances , which you never put away,

You have a Decent Gaffa at the Blades , in Bryan Robson , and he WILL get you back into the premiership , give him chance , if he never had a blazing row with the board at West Brom he would have stayed ,

Nigel

Evening everyone

THE PIT:

The Blades had the chance to win by a comfortable margin from what i saw on Sky , against a very poor West Brom performance {Yes im a Baggies follower} i have been for around 40 years now , and still follow them even with me moving to Newcastle 6 year agao< i dont get to go to as many games as i would like to ,{£150 for for a home game for me.} i know i went 3 times last year .

Anyway back to the game , mowbray has just signed about 8 new players , and they have got to start performing together sooner rather than later, , Thats why i say the Blades should have had more than the 1 goal today , you had 3 good chances , which you never put away,

You have a Decent Gaffa at the Blades , in Bryan Robson , and he WILL get you back into the premiership , give him chance , if he never had a blazing row with the board at West Brom he would have stayed ,

Nigel

The Pit

Unfortunately yes it was around the £150 a game , reason being , £40.00 fuel ,roughly there and back, [between a 4 and 6 hour journey] depending on traffic and breaks,Overnight accomodation at the Travel inn . Too shattered, to drive all the way back to Newcastle , after a game, Money for the Ticket which i already purchased, Drink money , believe me there wasnt much change left from £150

Nigel

All bar Burnley and QPR have played 3 games apiece and no one with %100 record, could well be another highly contested season with no one running clear away with it,

Next weeks fixtures expects Coventry to remain atop due to their home tie with suffering Preston NE and the fact that Ipswich have a much more difficult tie away to Watford,

Stoke and Wolves looks a good encounter too!

Particularly appealing for oneself in seeing the "wendys" (trns, Sheffield Wednesday) rooted to the bottom ;) and lets hope WBA stuff the 'Baaaarnsli dee-dars' Nigel ;) as their too high up the league for themselves!

I'll await the team news prior to losing my weekly fixed odds wager (and its here that i shouldnt mention the ridiculous xmas snow bet i had a few winters ago with a couple of other NW gamblers where Norwich paid out but London at longer odds did not, but that was my fault for being greedy ;) )

got me coat again!

Another good home win for Ipswich yesterday, which put us joint top with Coventry. I will enjoy it while it lasts, as with our next two matches being away trips to Watford and West Brom, I don't expect us to stay there too long. However, I still believe we can mount a serious promotion charge, and I had a nice little bet on Town to go up at 33/1 before the season began.

Im going for Billy Sharp to score a hat-trick against his

former club Scunny today :)

Sounded like we were crap. At the moment it's looking like we'll leave this division via the bottom door at the moment. Possible double city relegation on the cards.

Ipswich lost 2-0 at Watford yesterday. We played pretty poorly, and the usual defensive mess-ups returned, so back to normal now! Still, when you look at how much Watford spent on Friday, compared to our financial situation, it is easy to see the huge difference.

Win for the Baggies against Barnsley, 2- 0

What gets me is why oh why sell all our best players , and get medocre players i havent even heard of before, Ok in a way i dont blame the players for leaving , wanted to play in the premiership , but doesnt that just show you its the money they are after , not recognition,

Curtis Davies , we paid just over 3 million for him from Luton a few years ago , Friday he signed for Villa on a season long loan with a view to a 6.5 million rising to a possible 10.0million

Kamara went to Fulham

Koumas went to Wigan

Ellington went to Watford

Darren Carter has gone

thats nearly 15 million alone for 3 players, and what do we get , players on free transfers or players on loan from Hearts ,coincidently where Mowbray came from

West brom have got to start playing as a team now before its to late , otherwise its going to be a struggle to even get into the play- offs

WHY OH WHY BREAK UP A HALF DECENT TEAM???? i will never know

im still going to go with a atuomatic promotion but my heart and gut instinct is telling me otherwise,I hope im wrong

nigel

Another tough match today for Ipswich as we travel to West Brom who stuffed us twice last season. Our best hope is a draw, but realistically another 2-0 defeat is probable.

Evening Paul

Better luck next time

West Brom 4 IPSWICH NOWT

BOING bOING

NIGEL

I cannot believe we lost today...it was a very strange match. West Brom dominated the first half and deservedly went in 1-0 up at half time. Second half, Ipswich came out and took the game to West Brom and had 4 excellent chances which should have been taken. 87 minutes and its still 1-0 to West Brom, they caught us on the break and got the second, game over. Except we collasped altogether and conceded two more goals and lost 4-0! Unbelieveable! Thats what happens when you don't take your chances though! The stats show it simply wasn't a 4-0 result:

Possession: WBA 53% ITFC 47%

Shots on target: WBA 6 ITFC 10

Shots off target: WBA 9 ITFC 8

Corners: WBA 9 ITFC 9

Unbelievable!

Going to be one of those seasons it seems....some great wins and some stupid defeats.

Value Tip!

£10 double on Wolves10/11 and Soton8/11 as home wins pays £32.98

boosts to £49 if you add Liverpool and Arsenal bankers @ 4 and 5 to one on! ;)

Value Tip!

boosts to £49 if you add Liverpool and Arsenal bankers @ 4 and 5 to one on! ;)

Another win for the Baggies , this time at Sprunehorpe. 3- 2 to west brom {so far its looking good } i still reckon we could go up atomatically this year , { no play off heartache like last season}

Still along way to go though

Nigel

A 4-1 win for the Tractor Boys today against Coventry, as our encouraging start to the season continues. Coventry couldn't handle us today, and we have now won 7 successive home games (including the end of last season). Portman Road is now becoming a fortress at last, and a place teams hate coming too. Long may it continue.

Another win for the Baggies , this time at Sprunehorpe. 3- 2 to west brom {so far its looking good } i still reckon we could go up atomatically this year , { no play off heartache like last season}

Still along way to go though

Nigel

Stoke up to fifth, a great effort by Tony Pulis considering we have sold over £3 million worth of players in the last two months and spent none of the money on replacements :)

we were poor 1st half today, but still managed 3 points.

will be interesting how we perform against the big guns though :)

wrong thread soz lol.

Value Tip!

boosts to £49 if you add Liverpool and Arsenal bankers @ 4 and 5 to one on! :nonono: