Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J10

Premiership Discussion 2007-08

Just seen the match on MOTD and the defending is worse than sunday football standard - i'm just speechless because these players are getting paied thousands of pounds and defend like that is a joke.

If that's the case I reckon Sam may get an undercurrent of annoyance from some of the fans- Newcastle certainly aren't a team with a tradition of going all-out for the draw

That comment now looks hopelessly out of date- there's bound to be far more of an 'undercurrent of annoyance' after the diabolical performance today!

As for Man Utd-Arsenal, it was an enthralling second half, I saw some of it at the UEA Union Bar, and I think a draw was a fair result. I have to admit I'd slightly rather Arsenal than Man Utd for the title, but have a suspicion that Man Utd may get it, as Arsenal can't always be relied upon to take their chances.

That comment now looks hopelessly out of date- there's bound to be far more of an 'undercurrent of annoyance' after the diabolical performance today!

They are but you can't blame him for woeful defending that was on show today. What you can blame him for is his dodgy tactics by playing Milner and Zogbia on the wrong wings and taking Milner off for Emre when infact it should of been for Butt. The fans could be branded as a joke for wanting big Sam out but can you blame them if the manager appears that he has no idea what he is doing? which of corse is one side of the argument but the other side is that we had a good start to the season than in recent years.

I am worried and i wonder how long Mort and Ashley will have time for Big Sam which of corse is not there first choice and it was I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad. Personally i would not surport of a manager getting sacked(i actually wished Roeder stayed aslong I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad leaves) but in this case i'm not happy with Big Sam in charge in with his negative tactics and long ball football. Perhaps i should start take more interest in how Gateshead is doing. :p

Newcastle Utd's defending was absolutely woeful.

Mind you; they needed some creative play and improved passing in midfield and thus I think Emre should've played from the start. Really under-rated player imo and he can make things happen from set-pieces too.

Hmm, Sunderland should have beaten Newcastle yesterday. They were better all over the park and had a shot kicked off the line and hit the bar. Newcastle had only a couple of shots and their goal was actually a cross. The superstars that are Owen, Viduka, Martins and Smith were nowhere to be seen. Even Shearer said Sunderland deserved to win the game, and that's saying something!

Hmm, Sunderland should have beaten Newcastle yesterday. They were better all over the park and had a shot kicked off the line and hit the bar. Newcastle had only a couple of shots and their goal was actually a cross. The superstars that are Owen, Viduka, Martins and Smith were nowhere to be seen. Even Shearer said Sunderland deserved to win the game, and that's saying something!

Aye , Sunderland deserved to win, but they didnt, 27 years........

4-1 to Everton v Sunderland :rolleyes: happy days!

I feel for the Sunderland players though - theyre going to be torn apart by Roy Keane

What a truly dreadful day for Football in the North East, all 3 Prem Clubs took a hammering!

1 Goal Scored

13 Goals Against

Lots of glum Supporters on Tyneside and Wierside Tonight!!

Paul S

Indeed 7-1 what a result, absolutely fantastic! We always beat teams who have their name beginning with 'S' 7-1 :rolleyes:

We're going down, didn't expect us to get beat 3-0 at home by Villa with Woody and Pog back. Hopeless... the chairman does need to swallow his pride and send Southgate into the backroom staff. I hear Venables is out of a job, he did a similar job a few years back if I remember "assisting" the then manager Bryan Robson.

What a truly dreadful day for Football in the North East, all 3 Prem Clubs took a hammering!

1 Goal Scored

13 Goals Against

Paul S

1 Goal Scored

13 Goals Against

Paul S

A pretty well-played game in Newcastle-Arsenal, by both sides- I would think the Newcastle fans have less of a case for calling for "Big Sam" being sacked on the basis of the past couple of performances, in terms of entertainment value as well as quality.

A pretty well-played game in Newcastle-Arsenal, by both sides- I would think the Newcastle fans have less of a case for calling for "Big Sam" being sacked on the basis of the past couple of performances, in terms of entertainment value as well as quality.

I cant believe Liverpool lost 3-1 as a true liverpool supporter they played reallyy bad

i was very suprised tht they took of Gerrard, Carragher and Torres

oh well just hope they cud beat United next week

Well this thread doesn't get posted in much, but I thought I'd mention Roy Keane's complaint that refs penalise Sunderland:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...and/7283280.stm

Personally I think his comments aren't far off the mark, but I reckon it's not just a Sunderland thing- it seems to me that the struggling teams often tend to get less than their fair share of the decisions, while the top teams (especially Man Utd) seem to get more than their fair share.

Sunderland haven't been playing at all well so some of their trouble is deserved, but they have been cost around 5-10 points so far this season, mainly due to goals that were disallowed for no good reason, or offside goals being given to the opponents.

The standard response to this sort of thing is "refs make bad decisions, they're only human and that's football", but when there's a general underlying issue causing the disproportionate amount of bad decisions, that can be addressed, it's not an unavoidable fact of football, it is something that could feasibly be reduced in extent if only the FA etc. were prepared to admit that it happens.

Good god Ronaldo is good. 33 goals in 32 games I think it is now which breaks George Best's record for a non-striker, and there's plenty of the season to go. I think he'll get 40 goals which for someone who's official position is a winger is insane. He is just unstoppable. Definitely the best player in the world. Joint top scorer in the Champions League too.