Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J10

Premiership Discussion 2007-08

chelsea have been remarkably quiet on the transfer market so far this summer?

I'm not a betting person but i've just put my first ever bet on.

You may laugh... £10 on Newcastle to come top if you take away Man Utd and Chelsea.

The odds were 1/25.

What about Derby I think the three teams going down are:

Fulham

Birgingham

Derby

I've just done a dream team today, well 3 teams which two other lads at work have gone in with me.

Tevez was offered a contaract with Chealsa Man UTD and West Ham and he hose West Ham and now wants to go to MANU UTD!

I've got a free £10 for another bet now.

Newcastle are 1/40 to score the most goals in the opening weekend :nonono:

Thinking about it, or maybe i'll save it for another time.

I'm a bit worried about Martins, I think he is a great player and could still improve loads, especially under Big Sam. I don't think he'll be content with sitting on the bench though, and Allardyce has already hinted at an Owen Viduka partnership. Then theres Ameobi whos good and he also wants to revive Luque. Then theres Andy Carroll coming through, for a change we have plenty of options :D

Man Uniteds new signing heard about this a little while ago but first time i have actually seen the footage :)

That would be music to a Spurs fan's ears.

Spurs into the top 4.

p.s. Are you an Arsenal supporter Stu?

No I am a Newcastle supporter. I now lived in London for most of my life but only go to London games if Newcastle are playing away (which was a painful experience between 1997-2001 as we didn't win once in that time)

Well I reckon Newcastle Utd faces its most promising season since Sir Bobby was in charge, and potentially its most promising period for much longer, if the new chairman turns out to be good.

As for their manager, Sam Allardyce has proved that he can get teams up into the back end of the top four/five, but can he do better than that? Only time will tell.

i watched consett afc against a newcastle accadmy side on saturday.

christ i dont know what kenny wharton is doing with this crop of young uns.they showed no spirit or passion to justify the honour of wearing the black and white stripes.

copletely outclassed by a half decent consett team 5-1.

young lua lua looked half decent though.

Looks like chelsea have got lots of injuries going into the new season with terry also likely to miss the start of the

season.

Morning everyone

Would just like to say Good luck to the 3 teams which were promoted last season {Sunderland/ Derby/ Birmingham} personally i think Sunderland should do quite well this term especially with Keane spending just over 21 million

anyway good luck

And i think Liverpool stand a good chance of winning the premiership this year, they have been knocking on the door for a few years now , and i think its there turn this year,.especially if they start well

My prediction

1. Liverpool

2. Man utd

3. Chelsea

4. Arsenal

5. Tottenham Hotspur

6. Newcastle Utd

7. West Ham

8. Sunderland

9. Blackburn Rovers

10. Aston Villa

11. Everton