Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Day 13 Discussion

Paul Sherman

Posted

Hi Guys, we have made it to the Kansas border where we are staying overnight but getting up really early tomorrow morning, will not make the Montana Slight Risk but SPC Have an interesting write up for North Western Nebraska which should have a considerable Cap in Place, if this Cap can be overcome then 1 or 2 Isolated Supercells are possible, We will then be in position for Supercells again on Sunday in Nebraska or South Dakota. So about 500-600 miles to do tomorrow, today we were travelling North on I35 When we encountered a Severe Thunderstorm just South of Pauls Valley (Ok) this contained Dime sized Hail and some amazing Cg Bolts, said goodbye to the guys a few hours earlier at DFW Airport, so the new Dodge Dorango has been broken in with a Severe Thunderstorm already. Will be much harder with just the 2 of us, but we should hook up with Steves Group by the end of the weekend.

Paul & Ian

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

G'day Paul and Ian, Well if nothing materializes and the cap holds strong at least you'll get a lovelly suntan (lol) especially as the temps are gonna be in the low 90's!! be prepared...... Well yesterday no severe weather was predicted but you where luckly right on the severe storm that did break out hope it happens for you two again today..Will be watching for signs today as like you say its gonna be a hell ov alot harder with just the two of you..

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Got home to Tunbridge Wells an hour ago, flight landed on time - only 8 hours, though didn't get any sleep - so going to get some this afternoon!

Paul, saw those storms over Oklahoma from the aeroplane as we gained altitude out of DFW, some big towering Cbs seen out the window, wish I had got the camera out of the luggage hold now!

Anyway off to sleep off the lack of sleep soon, have a safe second half of the tour boys.

Going to do a diary of the tour at some point over the next few days with photos and barons screen shots etc ...

Posted

hi ian an paul, it was nice to hear from you yesterday ian glad u r havin good time,drive to cornwall will seem like nothing to u by the time u get back, u certainly have covered some miles wouldnt like to pick up the tag for petrol :) take care both of u, drive carefully an b lucky x

Posted

Glad you got back okay Nick, You deserve the sleep, I know I am still knackered from last week. Today has fizzled somewhat so we will still be positioning in readiness for 2 possible Supercell days on Sunday and Monday before it quietens down again, still signs at the end of the week that the Ridge gets shunted and a more zonal flow becomes established so we shall wait and see. Going to position ourselves somewhere near the Northwest of Nebraska or Sw South Dakota in readiness for Sunday.

Regards

Paul & Ian

Posted

Hi guys,

We've both just got home now. Slightly delayed at the airport and a little bit of a bumpy ride but no real problems. We were fortunate enough to get a sort of beginners guide to/test of storms as we left DFW! CU fields, TCU, Orphaned anvil & lastly a wonderful looking storm around the Springfield area (It was probably only a single cell as it topped out around 34000 feet but the IC lightning was wonderful to watch from above and it adds a whole different perspective looking at it from that angle.)

From the looks of the SPC outlook for the next couple of days the likelyhood of significant storms is defintely there. If anyone can find them it will be you two so happy hunting!

Stewart

Posted

Stewart

Ian is missing you, he could only eat a Mega Meat Feast pizza last night, absolutely no sides at all, kind of like a wake here :) :lol:

In relation to the quite significant risks for Sunday & Monday all i can say is :)

Julie (iansmum) I will keep your "little" bear safe!!

Paul & Ian

Posted
Julie (iansmum) I will keep your "little" bear safe!!

Paul & Ian

Would that be Billy Bob Bear??!! :lol: :)

Posted
Would that be Billy Bob Bear??!! :):)

Billy Bob was last seen hitch hiking A lift on the I 35 with a sign for south Decota though the way he was looking he might be walking :lol: :)

Ian

Posted
Billy Bob was last seen hitch hiking A lift on the I 35 with a sign for south Decota though the way he was looking he might be walking :):)

Ian

Dang boy, that's some walk you got there. - 850 miles to Amarillo, give or take but boy is it worth it! :lol:

Stewart

p.s. The airline food was outstanding and made you feel like you had never left.... :):)

Edited by AudMun

Posted
Dang boy, that's some walk you got there. - 850 miles to Amarillo, give or take but boy is it worth it! :)

Stewart

Ohhhhh yes with that walk Billy Bob may evan try the 72 oz steak you never know but there will be the odd beer sunk :) :lol: so you allll get some sleep and I'll see how off track i can navigate me and Paul my big texan radar is now well tuned so you never know!!

Posted

ian an paul when r u hoping 2 met up with stevestorms? must b like lookin 4 a needle in a haystack, mind u ian if u keep eatin them 72oz steaks u should b quite easy 2 find u :)

hello bruv u fat git!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! glad u both havin a good time, iam lovin the pics but not the spider one :) , nearly had your nephew last nite, :lol: so u mite have another one to add to the list when u get home!!!!!!! keep wearin the liverpool shirt your doin me proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! take care ian xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxx 8P

Posted

Currently heading towards Murdo (South Dakota) at the Days Inn Motel. Steves group are also there, so guys if you read this wait for us and we will have Dinner with you, currently done 400 miles with about another 250-300 left, anyone else ever driver 700-800 miles in a day!!

Paul & Ian

Posted
wow, thats a lot of miles.. isnt that like traveling from one end of british isles to the other...

It's the equal of driving from London to Edinburgh......... and then back again!! :) That's some going!!

Edited by AudMun

Posted
Currently heading towards Murdo (South Dakota) at the Days Inn Motel. Steves group are also there, so guys if you read this wait for us and we will have Dinner with you, currently done 400 miles with about another 250-300 left, anyone else ever driver 700-800 miles in a day!!

Paul & Ian

Yep but don't let it get hypnotic.. loud music and a few stops.. plenty of sugar sweets and coffee.. a well balanced meal will help.. and plenty of water.. Water is the key to driving no matter how far you drive..

Posted

Just to let everyone know Paul has just turned up at the Days Inn, Murdo South Dakota, after driving 848 miles, guess the beer is on me after that drive!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Morning all! Got into Scarborough yesterday afternoon and went straight to sleep for the best part of 12 hours. I'm amazed you've made it up to SD already. Looks like we are set for some good old fashioned rain here for the next few days. Yay for English weather. I don't think I'm going to eat for a week after that trip, and when I do, it's going to be nothing compared to a Cow Camp steak :) Anybody fancy setting up a franchise over here?

Posted

Just looking at the latest model guidance.

Sunday's severe storm risk will probably max out in western ND, eastern MT and extreme western SD as well as eastern WY.

Further east into SD and NE, it is likely to remain hot and sunny with only a low risk of TRW development on any scale. The best location for tomorrow involves yet another trek northwest towards possibly Dickinson ND.

Monday looks very good for tornadic development across eastern SD and northern NE, so it could be just as good to wait around in SD. You might want to try visiting Wall, in western SD, home of the world's largest western-style drug store, and nearby Badlands National Park, or even the Black Hills. For one thing, you can find spots around there with 100 mile visibility in most directions and that may help choose a chase direction.

Will update this after I get up Sunday morning around 16z.

Posted

hi paul an ian, dont suppose paul is up an about yet after all that drivin hope u stipped and exercised yr legs that is one helluva lot of driving, catch up with u soon x