Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Part one drawing to a close

Paul

Posted

As you probably know, the first part of the NW tour is drawing to a close tomorrow with Stewart, Aine, Nick and Nathan all heading home. I thought it would be a good time to say thanks to the four of them for taking the time to logon to the forum and share their reports and photos with us, so thanks all it's much appreciated I hope you had a cracking time - it certainly sounded fun :p

The good news is that we're nowhere near the end of the chasing on NW as Paul and Ian are staying in the USA and teaming up with Stevestorms' group so there's plenty more to come, so long as they don't all decide to give up and just drink beer and eat steak at the big texan!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Thanks Stewart, Aine, Nick and Nathan for keeping us informed. Not going to bother saying much else because you were the lucky gits having all the fun... :)

Posted

Stewart, Aine, Nick and Nathan. Thanks for some stunning photos and reports. It's been great at this end trying to keep up with you. Wish I could have been there though.. :)

Have a safe journey back home.

Paul and Ian. Whatever the next week brings I'm sure you'll make the most of it. Don't forget that planes have a weight limit... :)

Posted

Final Stats

----------------

Day 1 - Overnight in Oklahoma (Ok) Current Mileage 221 Miles - No Storms - SLIGHT RISK

Day 2 - Overnight in Decatur (Tx) Current Mileage 504 Miles - Overnight MCS - SLIGHT RISK

Day 3 - Overnight in Fredericksburg (Tx) Current Mileage 960 Miles - HP Supercell - SLIGHT RISK

Day 4 - Overnight in Fredericksburg (Tx) Current Mileage 1220 Miles - HP Supercell - SLIGHT RISK

Day 5 - Overnight in Amarillo (Tx) Current Mileage 1664 Miles - Travel Day - NO RISK

Day 6 - Overnight in Alva (Ok) Current Mileage 1996 Miles - LP Supercell - MODERATE RISK

Day 7 - Overnight in Ellsworth (Ks) Current Mileage 2459 Miles - Supe/Wall Cloud - HIGH RISK

Day 8 - Overnight in Weatherford (Ok) Current Mileage 2812 Miles - Wedge Tornado - MODERATE RISK

Day 9 - Overnight in Childress (Tx) Current Mileage 3107 Miles - Lightning - SLIGHT RISK

Day10 - Overnight In Decatur (Tx) Current Milage 3705 Miles - Amazing Gust Front - SLIGHT RISK

Day11 - Overnight In Ardmore (Ok) Current Milage 3996 Miles - Brief Supercell - SLIGHT RISK

Day12 - Overnight In Decatur (Tx) Current Milage 4118 Miles - Thunderstorms - NO RISK

Amazing Trip which yielded 1 x HIGH RISK & 2 X MODERATE RISKS & 7 SLIGHT RISKS With 1 Travel day and 1 sightseeing day. We saw over 13 Supercells with 2 Tornadoes and 4 Funnel Clouds, endless Wall Clouds, only 2 Rainbows, and absolutely no Hail of any significance. The food we have eaten at times is beyond belief, the steak meal tonight was amazing, probably on a par with the BIG TEXAN (Ians Spiritual Home). It will be really hard leaving the other 4 today as we have really gelled as a team, everyone mucking in and helping out.

I hope the others have now seen the amazing scenes I have witnessed over the last 4 years and remember all the memories for a long time.

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Yes an amazing trip, just glad to have seen it even though virtually, being there would have been astounding (one day i'll get out there). Just like to thank the team for sharing their exploits cant wait for the videos gonna keep em busy for a while sorting through it all, Hoping the next couple of weeks are as fruitful....always a shame when good things have to come to an end....