Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Day 7 Reports & Pictures

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Excellent account and photographs fellas. Well done to you.

Posted
:D Totally amazing! would of loved to have come this year.I'm so envious..................keep up the good work!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Once again, stunning photos. Really love the menacing clouds on the squall line. And well done on bagging the tornado!

• 5 months later...
Posted
Hi guys we bagged an amazing WEDGE TORNADO Today, it was rain wrapped but the picture from Nathan shows it really well, this was 15 miles South West of Medicine Lodge in Kansas, the chase was quite hairy to say the least.

We started out in Ellsworth and made our way down Highway 281, just west of Greensburg, the devastation near there is amazing, we saw everything destroyed by the F5 Tornado, Stewart has some amazing photos.

We headed west into Medicine Lodge and intercepted an embedded Supercell moving across the Oklahoma and Kansas border, we took mud roads and at times was fighting to keep the car on the road, we crested the top of the hill and saw rain wrapping around a Meso, I then spotted the wedge tornado coming out of the rain and turned abruptly, as i tried to head east I nearly ditched the car off the road, the guys are calling me Colin Mcrae now :( Leaves were floating down around us from the circulation, as we hit the tarmac again an Intense Hail core was chasing us. We then stairstepped the squall line down to Oklahoma and watched amazing gust fronts from each individual cell, then shot lightning and now in the Best Western in Weatherford (Ok)

post-24-1178513731_thumb.jpg - Our Position with the Meso just South West of Medicine Lodge (Ks)

post-24-1178513788_thumb.jpg - Gust Front from the Squall Line

post-24-1178513821_thumb.jpg - Whales Mouth on the Gust Front on the 820 mile Squall Line!

post-24-1178513868_thumb.jpg - Moody Skies in Oklahoma

post-24-1178513898_thumb.jpg - Kansas Dirt Tracks Killing our Car!

post-24-1178513930_thumb.jpg - Near Weatherford Oklahoma

Wedge picture and Tornado Damage from Stewart & Nathan to follow

Paul Sherman

serious pics....God I would Loveeeeeeeee..that is brilliant pictures

• 2 months later...