Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Mark's Garden

Posted

As Stormchaser1 is keeping you updated on his garden i am doing mine as well so i thought i will also show you what i am doing in my back garden. We have already planed the back garden and the plan is shown below. I am hopping that me and my dad will have finished the garden by Autumn.

post-6181-1176494310_thumb.jpg

You will see in the plan a paved area. We still have not chosen our paving be we want something thats like natural sand stone. This is were you can help and give me some good ideas of some nice paving. We want something like this PAVEING

The two semi circle shapes will be grass and the inbetween would be like a and gravel path (Decorative stones). The triangle shape in the middle is a flower bed. There will be a border going round the side and back of the garden as you can see in the plan. There will be two trees i either corner and bushes and other small pants in the other parts. The back middle of the garden will have a bench to sit on.

These are some pictures of the garden,

post-6181-1176495200_thumb.jpg post-6181-1176495241_thumb.jpg post-6181-1176495288_thumb.jpg

So far i have dug the foundations for the shed and patio/path and put hardcore in. Today i have put the sand with a bit of cement to put the old flags on top for the foundations for the shed.

post-6181-1176495530_thumb.jpg post-6181-1176495576_thumb.jpg post-6181-1176495665_thumb.jpg

I am hoping to finish the shed foundations tomorrow and i will keep you updated over the coming weeks. I would love to here comments and tips and your suggestions on the paving.

Many thanks

Mark :D

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Mark

Good luck , Thats the next stage im going to be doing , concreting the top section for a seating area.,prob do that next bank holiday ,

again good luck with your project !

nigel

Posted

Update: I have now finished the shed base and we will be ordering a shed shortly. As we mixed a bit of cement in to the sand to firm the base the old flags won't be put there till tomorrow. But at this rate the weather is good i wouldn't be surprised if had dried by late afternoon even that part of the garden is in the shade most of the day B) . (apart from in the morning and late afternoon) I will post i picture later when the camera is charged up :)

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

Unfortunately the camera is not charging properly so i will probably only get some pictures tomorrow. Today we have nearly finished the sand/cement laying for the patio,path and shed. We ran out of sand so we will order a new bag soon. My next job for tomorrow after school will be to dig the trench at the back of the garden to put a small wall in. This is because the garden slopes away and we want to level it off. I have posted a digram below.

post-6181-1176655884_thumb.jpg

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

Update: We have now dug half the trench at the back of the garden for the retaining wall so we can level off the garden as it slopes down. We could just dump a load of soil at the bottom of the garden bu then we would rot the fence. :unsure:

Edited by mark bayley

• 1 month later...
Posted

Mark

Sounds like its getting there ,

Nigel

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Great!

Posted

The camra isn't here at the moment becouse my dads got it. I will get them do tomorrow and get them on here. If you look at the old photos its the first one of the garden. All that back has had a wall built up so we can level it off. If you look at the plans you should be able to see.

• 1 month later...
Posted

Good luck with your project Mark, it's really rewarding when it's complete, after reading this I thought I'd post the before and after pictures of my garden...

My Garden

• 1 month later...
Posted
Very good potsy must have took a lot of hardwork :D . Our grass has now been put down and we are now looking to do the center path now :)

So is everything still on scheldue for it to finish by the Autumn time then?.

Good luck with your project. :)

Edited by Geordiesnow

Posted

No, We dicided to go on holiday to a place called Nerja insted of doing the garden. It looks like we will be finished next spring. Even though i like gardening i would rather have gone on holiday expecialy with this summer :)

• 3 months later...
Posted

Update :

Grass is now all down and the paths down the middle with triangle flower bed is nearly done. We have put loads of spring bulbs in the triangle bed as well. Looks quite nice. As i said in the above next spring into summer looks like the finishing date. Will post some pics soon

Mark :)

Ohhhhh 1 more post :doh::doh:;);)

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

Pictures

As promised here are some pictures of the progress we have made so far :)

Where planning to have bushes and trees around the edges of the garden

post-6181-1200235125_thumb.jpg

post-6181-1200235162_thumb.jpg

The plum slate at the bottom os going to be replaced with a different stone

post-6181-1200235214_thumb.jpg

Where looking to put some nice paving here so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

post-6181-1200235280_thumb.jpg

Edited by mark bayley