Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter Poll

Winter Snow  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What is the deepest level snow depth you have had this Winter?

• Nothing
    • A dusting
    • 1-2 cm
    • 2-5 cm
    • 5-10 cm (2-4 Inches)
    • 10-20cm cm (4-8 Inches)
    • Over 20 cm (8 Inches)
  2. 2. On a scale of 1-10 how satisfied are you with the Winter? (10 being most satisfied)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Hope the mods don't mind me starting this.

I got 3cm and for satisfaction I would say 2 out of 10.

200M high in Northern England I should see more than that!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

5 since I don't base goodness of winter on the amount of snow that falls. I usually base it on how much sunshine we get & how interesting the weather is. A few exciting gales but not much sunshine gives it the fairly average mark. One ok snowfall but hardly any frosts or clear skies.

Spring gets higher marks so far!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

Begrudgingly I will give the winter a rating of 0.5 out of 10.

Edited by Frosty039

Posted

2 out of 10 as the Jan snowy spell did at least have 3 days of reasonable snowfall and a cover that remained all day away from tarmac surfaces, the December Anticyclone was a nice relief before Xmas, Feb however was very disappointing for Norfolk, we missed the frontal event.

Worst winter this century I'd say.

Posted

Only an inch with each fall that settled. I give winter a 3 - too many high winds and way too much rain for my liking but there was a good 2 week cold spell early on under a high pressure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

4 oou of 10, there was a reasonable snow event over the 8/9th feb and the December fog was quite good but so far as wintry weather overall pretty poor with few frosts and more notable for the continued warmth.

Posted

1 out of 10. I shall be bringing this problem up with my local MP. The government are just not doing enough..

I am tempted to give it a very low number due to it being so mild and cold being so rare, but I've had more snow here this winter than average probably. The early Feb event gave me 7-8 inches and had about an inch the other day. So a total of 8-9 inches of snow which is a fair bit more than I have had in many past winters, so I shouldn't complain too much. So I'll give it a 6 out of 10.

Posted

We only had 1 day in the entire winter with snow lying that melted by 11am and even that was only a half covering. Air frosts were well below average aswell. In a winter quarter on average we can expect 38 frosts here, this winter we got only 10 (7 of which were during February). Another shocking statistic was only recording 10 days with maxima under 5C, as well as every single month having several days with maxima over 13C. It was also the first winter to have all 3 months with an average above 6C here too.

Using Mr Data's winter Index shows how poor it really was:

2003/04: 46

2004/05: 36

2005/06: 53

2006/07: 18

So in a word, crap. Theres never been a winter more snowless here.

Posted

Despite one week in February producing the lowest temperature and deepest snowfall in years, overall it was a disappointing winter with half the number of frosts normally expected. The snow means it gets a 3.

But one week doth not a winter make ......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

We have 3 days of snow here this winter, which isn't bad for our parts. Ive rated a 6 because we got a decent return with a total of 30 hours falling snow equivalent to a total depth of 20cm, but the deepest depth of unmelted fallen snow in 1 fall was 5-6cm

Posted

We had one day of snow, which didn't amount to anything and just a few frosty days.

What I will remember most about this winter was how windy it was.

Meh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

I would like to revise my rating from the far too high figure of 0.5 out of 10 to 0.1 out of 10. I was being overly generous this morning. :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

For Season 2006/07 snow-wise it scores 3/10, but the winter quarter would only score about 1 or 2/10. Two small snow events on 23 January and 7 February, with a thin dusting on 23 Janaury and 2cm on 7 February, melting straightaway in the sun. 19-21 March was much more dramatic, though, producing 3cm and some heavy snow and hail showers.

Winter quarter 2006/07 scores 3/10 overall, because it was mostly snowless and with prolonged spells of homogeneous mildness, but sunshine was quite abundant at times during December, January and early February which brings the score up. Spring 2007, with well above average sunshine and a fair bit of variety so far, is currently on a very high score.

Posted

Even though it has been a boring mild winter i did see a very good snowfall in february. So i rate this winter 2. The deepest i got was in february at 7cm

Posted

Two moderate falls followed by sleet/freezing rain. Maximum depth was five inches last Friday/Saturday.

Overall an awful first half of winter (temperatures reaching 22oC on January 7th) was compensated for by a colder second half. I estimate we had a total of 14 ice days, with the lowest maximum being -8oC in February and the lowest minimum being -12oC which was recorded in both February and March. The first week in March was notable for the maximum temperature of -6oC recorded on the 6th. The ice storm of the 16th was also particularly notable, as was the rain (albeit feezing) falling on February 14th whilst the air temperature was -7oC. All in all an interesting and varied winter, but lower than average snow totals.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

id rate the 'winter' 2 0ut 0f 10, i had no snow at all in december, just an evening all gone by morning dusting in january (23rd)

i had around 3 inches on 8th feb and a further 3 inches ish on 9th feb although a partial thaw inbetween, 18th march 2 cms in the evening

didnt have any on morning of 22nd march i know a lot did,

i hope for a better non atlantic dominated winter 07-08

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

As snow is my favourite Winter weather and we have only had a few dustings here I had to give a mark of 1. :mellow:

I have spent many Winters here over the years and this is without doubt the poorest for snow by some way although last year would also have been poor if March had been excluded.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

i didnt even get a dusting. as far as im concerned we didnt get a winter only a prolonged autumn which im sure many would agree. i gave the "winter" a very generous 2/10 because at least we had some big storms which provided some interest