Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

April CET

Posted
The Manley CET, up to and including the 30th is 11.2c, so we can take this for the figure for April.

Source ( www.climate-uk.com )

On this basis, the figures for the April CET are now in, again these are subject to any subsequent changes.

I have included the spreadsheet with all the figures and GIF versions of the 2 competitions running, the yearly comp and the Spring comp.

Spreadsheet

Spring Competition

Yearly Competition

Monthly Comments - In a record breaking month, most people understandably put in a CET figure well below the actual outcome, but 2 people got it spot on so a very well done to both Gray Wolf and Vince. Vince has risen from 87th overall to 49th while Grey Wolf has risen from 63rd to 37th.

In the overall comp, Timmy H has gone from 2nd to 1st, Stratos Ferric has risen from 7th to 2nd. Stargazer is 3rd (from 1st), Ac Brixton is 4th from 3rd, while Reef remains 5th.

In the seasonal comp, 2 months have elapsed in Spring and SNOW-MAN2006 leads with Stratos Ferric again in 2nd, while phil n.warks finishes the podium places.

Sorry to be a killjoy, and you have done brilliant work here Jackone, but the final figure cannot "be taken as 11.2C" firstly because it's not been confirmed and secondly because this competition was supposed to be going by the official Hadley CET - so that's double the reason to be patient and await the final outcome. We must wait and see the final figure ...

Edited by West is Best

Sorry to be a killjoy, and you have done brilliant work here Jackone, but the final figure cannot "be taken as 11.2C" firstly because it's not been confirmed and secondly because this competition was supposed to be going by the official Hadley CET - so that's double the reason to be patient and await the final outcome. We must wait and see the final figure ...

We are now using the Manley series for the competition, with the main advantage being that the Hadley CET while being the official figure can be altered after the date as happened with the February figures.

To be honest I thought this had been agreed last month, however I will go along with the conensus, and the spreadsheet figures can easily be changed to reflect this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I'm pretty certain that when Stratos Ferric started these statistical outputs for the competition the idea was to use the Philip Eden/Manley CET figures, as those are more quickly available, less prone to 'fine-tuning' after the event, and usually within a couple of tenths of the Hadley/MetO figures. As far as I'm aware, the intention was for JACKONE to continue with the same rules.

It is arguable as to which of the two is the best measure of the CET anyway, and in the long run it should make very little difference which of the two are used.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

I agree with Manley been used.