Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/Wintry Precipitation Reports: 26th - 27th December 2003

cbx040

Posted

Hi all,

This is my very first post on the net-weather forum. I used to post a lot on the bbc forum, but it has recently got quiet, especially since Stephen Prudence left, who was one of the most proment posters, (he got to 1000 post and they put the counter back to 0!!) . Anyway, I have watched the growth of this site since the likes of S.P AND G.W started posting messages to use this site many months ago. Anyway, I thought I ought to let you all know I have at just driven home at 00.01am and seen large blobs of ice within the rain drops on my wind screen. As I lookout the window into the security light, I can see occasional flake of snow also, Anyone reproting similar sighting nearby?

Nick

Posted

Helloo mate, welcome to the forum, glad to have you here, ive heard reports like that all night, not sure where but ive heard them. Where about are you in terms on NW, SE Wales etc, im not very good on things like just names lol, sorry. is GW Me??? Im famousb :D

Posted

HI there,

Gw is you!! I wasn't a very proment poster on the beeb forum, but watched it like a hawk! I know net-weather is great, but I do miss the busy days off of the bbc forum, when the whole snow chat moved at about 5 posts a minute, just like a conversation. Back to weather - 3.9c in chelmsford Essex, with a heavy rain (see meto radra), but with large lumps of slush - currently accumulating on windscreen and on blades of grass, is it just central Essex?????

Posted

I would not say its just central essex looking at the temps and that radar from that channel low, looks like its causing havoc for the South, and yes i do miss the beeb forum, but this forum is great now and a lot better than the beeb, a lot more organised and you know who is online instead of asking lol.

Posted

If I was as still at school, it was bording school, athough was not a boarder, I would be outside at the moment, collecting slush of the housemasters windscreen and throwing it others - but its slush so I guess it would be a lump of ice!! Gone are the days of proper snow, when will they return/ - I have done a lot of recent research recently and found a similar setup would have rpoduced lots of snow many years ago. The records are freely available on www.rgd.ac.uk , select meterolgy department, and give a fantastic insite into the southern , but central England winter temperatures ( Reading is basically very south centrall midlands in terms of weather during a sharp northerly

Posted

Hi there,

I would'nt consider it wet snow, rather very heavy rain/ sleet with plenty of ice particsals within. For example, the water running down the side of the road outside is full of ice, so much its beginning to block the drains, but I can't see proper snow flakes. Temp was 3.9c 55 mins ago, went den to 0.5c in heavy spell, but has agin risen to 2.5c, but still with sleet, whats oing on!! Who can honestly say they are eperinecing

similar conditions nearby?

Posted

Hi,

Here on the Kent coast we have similar conditions, last night at 1am we received ice in teh rain in quantity and again this morning in eth early hours, now its just a gale force NW wind (feeling really cold outside) and the sea is a total mess of white water. Sky looks like a mix of broken low cloud and clear skys with red sky showing itself. Temp has dropped to a very low figure. Just need that snow to appear now but would say the best hope would be mid to late Monday.

Posted

Heavy snow shower just passed here and it has settled on the hills and my back garden. Only a slight dusting here and there though, but it only snowed for about 5 minutes! :D